Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
(08-22-2021, 06:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ross had issues with two different coaching staffs. It was far more than just dropping some balls or giving up on routes with him.

And suggesting Chase wasn’t working hard just because he wasn’t playing is ridiculous. Kid didn’t blow away the combine by sitting on his ass for a year.

Nope he blew away the combine by working on running and jumping

But I think it's a fair point; obviously you don't.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-22-2021, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope he blew away the combine by working on running and jumping

But I think it's a fair point; obviously you don't.

Well, he ran WAY faster and jumped WAY higher because of work like this…

https://youtu.be/rUto_L6h-u8

(08-22-2021, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, he ran WAY faster and jumped WAY higher because of work like this…

https://youtu.be/rUto_L6h-u8

I like the part where the dude said:

"He opted out last year and let his 2019 numbers speak for him; he's just training". 

(08-22-2021, 06:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like the part where the dude said:

"He opted out last year and let his 2019 numbers speak for him; he's just training". 

Sitting out the year was absolutely the right decision. He had no where to go but down and it wasn't worth the risk. The drops are getting ridiculous I don't think he'll be a bust but you have to catch the football at some point and I really don't want to go into the season not being able to count on our #5 pick.
(08-22-2021, 06:54 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Sitting out the year was absolutely the right decision. He had no where to go but down and it wasn't worth the risk. The drops are getting ridiculous I don't think he'll be a bust but you have to catch the football at some point and I really don't want to go into the season not being able to count on our #5 pick.

Thankfully this team doesn’t need to rely on Chase to be great out of the gate for success. 3 other phenomenal weapons in TB, Tigger and Mixon… just need the line to play well and when Chase comes on it’ll just be the cherry on top.
we have to watch our language when it comes to Jamarr Chase
A couple of you are going to look like complete idiots when these threads are revisited.
(08-22-2021, 07:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A couple of you are going to look like complete idiots when these threads are revisited.

No need for name calling...But why would folks look like idiots; has Chase not struggled with catching the ball? 

Should we not mention it?

Mention it, but say I don't care?

Say He really isn't struggling with catching the ball?

Say I "know" he'll be fine regardless of his struggles because....?

What do you suggest one say to not look like an idiot when your #5OA pick is struggling with the one thing he's required to do?

(08-22-2021, 12:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think we’d be in a weird spot either way. I was, and am a big Sewell fan. I wanted Sewell and Amon Ra St. Brown, which the Lions picked up both. However, Sewell did not look good last night, just like Chase didn’t look good.

I think if we had picked Sewell, many fans would be saying “SEE, Sewell is struggling! We should have addressed our WR depth.” And unfortunately, since Chase has struggled, you’ll see people saying “should’ve picked Sewell!” One thing I will say is that our OL has looked good, which is all I was after. I think Sewell is going to be very good, and I think Chase will be, too. My main concern was protecting Burrow and so far, the OL is playing well. I also like what I have seen from Carman.

(08-22-2021, 02:02 PM)Stewy Wrote: Buzzzzzzzzzzz......wrong take.  Try again.

I think it was obvious that I was referring to the 20+ pages of with repeated arguments, circles and tons of non-sense.  Have you actually read through all 20+ pages?  I'm not saying things shouldn't be discussed but the EXTENT of this thread represents the worst of the fandom here.

If you do like I did, and set up 50 replies per page, then this thread is only up to 10 pages. 

Chase is under a microscope,  comparisons to Sewell will always occur, especially if he underperforms, but I suspect will continue even years from now even if only as a matter of curiosity. 

Deal with it.
Go Benton Panthers!!
(08-22-2021, 07:28 PM)SladeX Wrote: If you do like I did, and set up 50 replies per page, then this thread is only up to 10 pages. 

Chase is under a microscope,  comparisons to Sewell will always occur, especially if he underperforms, but I suspect will continue even years from now even if only as a matter of curiosity. 

Deal with it.

I’m confused as to why you quoted me here.
(08-22-2021, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No need for name calling...But why would folks look like idiots; has Chase not struggled with catching the ball? 

Should we not mention it?

Mention it, but say I don't care?

Say He really isn't struggling with catching the ball?

Say I "know" he'll be fine regardless of his struggles because....?

What do you suggest one say to not look like an idiot when your #5OA pick is struggling with the one thing he's required to do?

Again, saying he is struggling in camp and not focusing on the ball is one thing. Comparing him to a total bust like John Ross is something completely different. But, we'll just let Chase's play dictate who looks silly. And I didn't call anyone an idiot, I said some of the posters are going to look like idiots.  Ninja
(08-22-2021, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Except when he sat out last year...

No need to question Ross' effort to pump up Chase. If I was to critique Chase's 3 drops last preseason game; I'd say: It didn't look like catching the ball was his #1 priority. 

**Disclaimer: Not saying Ja'Marr will be a bust, not hoping he does poorly. not hating...I just see better than I hear. 

Hard and true. The way it should be.

Ja'Marr knows it he will clean it up.

Bfine said it before i got here.
(08-22-2021, 07:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, saying he is struggling in camp and not focusing on the ball is one thing. Comparing him to a total bust like John Ross is something completely different. But, we'll just let Chase's play dictate who looks silly. And I didn't call anyone an idiot, I said some of the posters are going to look like idiots.  Ninja

Yep, silly to bring up a #6OA draft pick WR when talking about the struggles of a #5OA draft pick WR from the same team.

Folks are just too sensitive, we all hope he does well, but I see better than I hear. 

If he does good this year can I compare him to Chad Johnson or would that be silly?

(08-22-2021, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, silly to bring up a #6OA draft pick WR when talking about the struggles of a #5OA draft pick WR from the same team.

Folks are just too sensitive, we all hope he does well, but I see better than I hear. 

Ross was #9OA. Literally one pick before Mahomes.

(08-22-2021, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, silly to bring up a #6OA draft pick WR when talking about the struggles of a #5OA draft pick WR from the same team.

If he does good this year can I compare him to Chad Johnson or would that be silly?

He just needs to catch the damn ball when it is thrown to him, that is all.
(08-22-2021, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard and true. The way it should be.

Ja'Marr knows it he will clean it up.

Bfine said it before i got here.

Some times it requires tough love:

(08-22-2021, 07:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ross was #9OA. Literally one pick before Mahomes.

No one knew what Mahomes would be same with Rodgers, Burrow has high expectations and I hope he can live up.
(08-22-2021, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He just needs to catch the damn ball when it is thrown to him, that is all.

And he will. Season hasn't even started yet. This is exactly what pre season is for.... rookies to get their feet wet.
(08-22-2021, 07:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m confused as to why you quoted me here.

I was quoting Stewy. Somehow your quote ended up being a part of it. Maybe it's how Stewy quoted you, and it stayed in my post?
 I guess I'll leave it as is for posterity, a warning to future generations about careless quoting...
Go Benton Panthers!!
(08-22-2021, 07:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, saying he is struggling in camp and not focusing on the ball is one thing. Comparing him to a total bust like John Ross is something completely different. 

jesus christ get over it lol