Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread
I don't buy the rust excuse (not to be rude or call you out Joelist as many have pointed to this to excuse his struggles/lapse of concentration).

He wasn't injured and many players miss a season on IR and come back ready to play training camp. Missing a year due to sitting out uninjured, shouldn't be considered that much different then missing a year on IR.

Give an athlete a year and a half to recover from an injury and they are typically good to go.

We can't keep using the year off Chase got as an excuse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-25-2021, 10:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: Camp has been a disaster for Chase.  He's got a long hill to climb to gain the confidence of the fans, league, and coaching staff. No one saw this coming. 

Disaster is quite a stretch. He’s had plenty of good days, too. Inconsistent is more accurate.

I don't know. Not to compare him to Ross as others have cause I just refuse to believe we got ourselves in another Ross situation, but the team and coaches seem to be desperately trying to boost his confidence the way they did Ross, and that is a bad sign for a top 5 pick. It's a bad sign because the team saw Ross lose confidence and never get it back, and it sounds like they are trying hard to stop that from happening with Chase.

None of this is ideal or foreseeable which is why I consider this camp a disaster for Chase.

(08-25-2021, 10:48 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't buy the rust excuse (not to be rude or call you out Joelist as many have pointed to this to excuse his struggles/lapse of concentration).

He wasn't injured and many players miss a season on IR and come back ready to play training camp. Missing a year due to sitting out uninjured, shouldn't be considered that much different then missing a year on IR.

Give an athlete a year and a half to recover from an injury and they are typically good to go.

He's a rookie coming into the NFL for the first time. Quite different than vets taking a year off for injury. I've never seen so many so willing, actually wanting, to write off a star college athlete who takes time to get his bearings in the NFL. Chad says y'all are just being silly....
Rookie WRs the majority of them struggle in the transition
To the NFL. For every Justin Jefferson and Chase Claypool
Theres 10 Josh Doctsons and KNeal Harrys.
People forget...Chase does not have to be off the charts
Great this year in order for this,offense to prosper.
Its not like we are relying on Alex Erickson to make
Plays this year. There is,quality depth at WR
(08-25-2021, 10:48 AM)jj22 Wrote:

Exactly, he knew he was gonna get drafted in the top 5 and was gonna make lots of $$$$$ regardless. He had a whole year to stay in top form, specially considering he decided to take a year off in college.  Something is just not right with this guy currently. But since a lot of ppl gave Ross 3 yrs. to come around, I guess we can expect the same for Chase.. lol
(08-25-2021, 11:15 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Rookie WRs the majority of them struggle in the transition
To the NFL. For every Justin Jefferson and Chase Claypool
Theres 10 Josh Doctsons and KNeal Harrys.
People forget...Chase does not have to be off the charts
Great this year in order for this,offense to prosper.
Its not like we are relying on Alex Erickson to make
Plays this year. There is,quality depth at WR

Any top 5 pick will fall under quick scrutiny if they don't make an immediate impact.

(08-25-2021, 11:19 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Exactly, he knew he was gonna get drafted in the top 5 and was gonna make lots of $$$$$ regardless. He had a whole year to stay in top form, specially considering he decided to take a year off in college.  Something is just not right with this guy currently. But since a lot of ppl gave Ross 3 yrs. to come around, I guess we can expect the same for Chase.. lol

2 words..... Jerry Rice
(08-25-2021, 11:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 2 words..... Jerry Rice

They don't make them like they used to. Sad
So Chase has had an up and down camp - it happens. He’s had rough days and then yesterday he catches everything in his wheelhouse. He’s also putting in the work to get up to speed. He’ll be fine when we need him.

What I want to see is some more deep balls. Give our receivers (including Chase) a chance in game action to go out there and stretch the defense. Right now the passing game is playing it VERY safe, with pretty much all short stuff and crossing patterns.
Probably. Regretting first round picks is what we do.

Should have been Sewell.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Our fanbase sucks. They turn on players before they even get on the field.
(08-25-2021, 12:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Our fanbase sucks. They turn on players before they even get on the field.

Go cry about it.

I’ve never said one bad thing about chase personally, and think he’ll be a fine receiver

But I absolutely do not blame people being rubbed the wrong way with the drops and now this. Plus most people didn’t want him on the team in the first place

This is how fandoms are. I have no doubt he’ll be a productive player here in cincy
(08-25-2021, 12:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: But I absolutely do not blame people being rubbed the wrong way with the drops and now this. Plus most people didn’t want him on the team in the first place.

Most people? Over-reaching immensely on that statement. 

I will agree people didn't (like you) but I don't know that most people didn't want him.
(08-25-2021, 12:20 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Most people? Over-reaching immensely on that statement. 

I will agree people didn't (like you) but I don't know that most people didn't want him.

Most people knew the trenches had to be sorted first. Once the bengals only added Reiff, people knew we needed an elite o-line prospect.

It’s just the chase lovers were the loudest about their stance.

You are a bit blind to really think most people wanted chase to cincy over anyone else

Hell, every other fanbase and most websites questioned the pick to go with receiver at 5. You must’ve stayed locked up in your jamarr chase echo chamber
(08-25-2021, 12:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Most people knew the trenches had to be sorted first. Once the bengals only added Reiff, people knew we needed an elite o-line prospect.

It’s just the chase lovers were the loudest about their stance.

You are a bit blind to really think most people wanted chase to cincy over anyone else

On a related note, the Jaguars are getting pummeled in the media for taking a RB at #25 when they needed to bolster their o-line.  Trevor Lawrence is taking a lot of hits and their RB is already out for the year.  Grand way to handle a #1 overall QB pick, eh? Just interesting that two cat teams with #1 overall pick QBs needed o-line help but decided to use a 1st rounder on an offensive teammate of theirs.
(08-25-2021, 12:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On a related note, the Jaguars are getting pummeled in the media for taking a RB at #25 when they needed to bolster their o-line.  Trevor Lawrence is taking a lot of hits and their RB is already out for the year.  Grand way to handle a #1 overall QB pick, eh?

Yea same deal there.

And I bet there are only like 30% of the jags fanbase who actually liked the pick, and are circle jerking each other screaming to everyone how it was the right move, and calling everyone else haters
John Ross, John Ross, John Ross
(08-25-2021, 12:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Look at the tape.

Look at the stats

Some people really overrate Tate lol

Slow as molasses and is the opposite of a red zone threat
(08-25-2021, 12:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea same deal there.

And I bet there are only like 30% of the jags fanbase who actually liked the pick, and are circle jerking each other screaming to everyone how it was the right move, and calling everyone else haters

I bet they have fans who are relieved Teven Jenkins got hurt and Carman looks shaky.