Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
R.I.P. Team Sewell
The Bengals Offensive Tackles played very well in pass protection. I'll have to go back and see how they did run blocking but I would say rhe tackles were not an issue.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're not wrong on that.  

The offense is going to click, as we observed.  The OL is a work in progress, as far as opening reliable running lanes.  I did like what I saw on a few of the wide zone plays, where Mixon reached the edge and displayed his speed.  We need to also be able to rely on a push up the gut when we need a yard, as evidenced by that 4th and 1 failure that allowed the Vikings back into the game.

Overall, I thought that the offense looked improved in most aspects, save for short yardage push.

The defense took on a high powered offense, and held them in check for most of the game.  It wasn't until the offense started handing the ball right back, late in the second half, that Minnesota was able to get back into the game.  I really feel that as the season progresses, the defense will be a unit to be proud of.

I liked that Mixon spotted his blocking and followed.

His field vision and tendencies to always take the outside get me worried sometimes.

In this game he bounced back inside to trust the blocking.

I'm not really blaming him because the line has been pretty horrible the majority of his time here.

He always feels he needs to make his own lane but I don't blame him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good on Chase, good he's in stripes and so on, but I'd like to get through a single game without seeing all of us go into "Oh, shit...Burrow's knee" mode before we declare that people who wanted to improve the o-line were wrong. What's so crazy about that?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good on Chase, good he's in stripes and so on, but I'd like to get through a single game without seeing all of us go into "Oh, shit...Burrow's knee" mode before we declare that people who wanted to improve the o-line were wrong. What's so crazy about that?

Well, Jonah and Reiff both played well. That’s the only thing I find annoying about pinning for a different OT right now.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The Vikings' first half was an outright disaster of offensive football. They were flagged a ridiculous 13 times, with ten of those penalties being accepted. Nine of the ten were on the offense.

The Vikings penalties certainly helped the Bengals out.  Not to be a downer but that many penalties is a big detriment to the team committing them.   I'll just chalk it up to the Bengals D-line scaring the Vikings O-line so much they got jumpy and made a lot of errors.  Let's hope that continues.   :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good on Chase, good he's in stripes and so on, but I'd like to get through a single game without seeing all of us go into "Oh, shit...Burrow's knee" mode before we declare that people who wanted to improve the o-line were wrong.  What's so crazy about that?

Welp.  Joey B could get injured at any moment.  Not solely on O-line to keep him from grabbing his knee.

I thought the team was a bunch of idiots for years for their crappy oline rosters.

His knee is busted because they f'd up in the past.

Not because Sewell or whomever they would've drafted isn't on the current team.

It's the Turner hire and those crap players they kept hanging onto.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not saying Chase was the wrong pick, just saying Burrow's first game in 10 months had a scary knee thing.  Hard tp say Sewell would have been a dumb pick. 

Though Sewell wouldn't be a bad pick unless he totally busts. 

I agree, he wouldn't have been a dumb pick. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The Vikings penalties certainly helped the Bengals out.  Not to be a downer but that many penalties is a big detriment to the team committing them.   I'll just chalk it up to the Bengals D-line scaring the Vikings O-line so much they got jumpy and made a lot of errors.  Let's hope that continues.   :)

That dude that played against Hendrickson is a total scrub.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, Jonah and Reiff both played well. That’s the only thing I find annoying about pinning for a different OT right now.

Well I guess we can get back to that huge thread if we really want.  I need to see a lot more good o-line play and a lot more games where Burrow doesn't limp at some point before declaring RIP team Sewell to be legit.  
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well I guess we can get back to that huge thread if we really want.  I need to see a lot more good o-line play and a lot more games where Burrow doesn't limp at some point before declaring RIP team Sewell to be legit.  

You’re not arguing with fans. You’re arguing with fans of players

Joe Burrow limping and getting sacked multiple times? Well at least player x had a good game!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re not arguing with fans. You’re arguing with fans of players

Joe Burrow limping and getting sacked multiple times? Well at least player x had a good game!

Week 1 is always wacky, never get to high nor too low on it.  Funny to see Aaron Rodgers humiliate himself against Jaimis "eat dat dubayoo" Winston, though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well I guess we can get back to that huge thread if we really want.  I need to see a lot more good o-line play and a lot more games where Burrow doesn't limp at some point before declaring RIP team Sewell to be legit.  

[Image: tumblr_inline_ms7yknfDoL1s86jw6.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re not arguing with fans. You’re arguing with fans of players

Did the Bengals Tackles give up sacks or pressure?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Did the Bengals Tackles give up sacks or pressure?

How about the offensive line as a whole?

It wasn’t that good
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Joe Burrow limping and getting sacked multiple times? Well at least player x had a good game!

Well...  it is possible to have both...  right?

He can get sacked and it's another player's fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm also not convinced we are going to see many games where Burrow only has to throw the ball 27 times, particularly games where we can throw it 27 times and come out with the W.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Week 1 is always wacky, never get to high nor too low on it.  Funny to see Aaron Rodgers humiliate himself against Jaimis "eat dat dubayoo" Winston, though. 

Rodgers and his diva attitude 133 yards and 2 Ints today.  I used to like the guy as a player but he has really turned into a turd.  I imagine he will bounce back but it good to see him get humbled after the off season drama he facilitated.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well...  it is possible to have both...  right?

He can get sacked and it's another player's fault.

I’m talking about offensive line as a whole here lol

The offensive line wasn’t very good today. They’re still an issue
Reply/Quote
It was the first game for this OL in Pollack’s system. 4 out of 5 guys playing well is good in my book. And the one guy that struggled is returning from an injury.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Week 1 is always wacky, never get to high nor too low on it.  Funny to see Aaron Rodgers humiliate himself against Jaimis "eat dat dubayoo" Winston, though. 

Rodgers looks horrible, the Browns taking the Chiefs to the limit in K.C., the steelers beating Buffalo, the Jets actually playing a solid game and making it interesting against Carolina, the Texans getting a win with a terrible team... week one has been a very weird week.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote