Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
Well out defense is good.

And at least we have a top 5 WR trio

Right?
Reply/Quote
To think we have fans like yall. Calling it early and whining. We played a solid game. Burrow got spooked but who could blame em with that o line. This team has a lot of potential.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:57 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: You can definitely say that. Didn’t feel like we ever had a shot to win.

On the flip side, the Bears needed ALL THREE of those interceptions AND Wilson not picking up the fumble to barely get out of this one with a win.

Yeah I just can't help but blame the play calling. So much talent being wasted on offense 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:55 PM)GodFather Wrote: I don’t want to hear how good this defense is. Bullshit… good defenses make the stops when it matters.

That's a bullshit take. I mean they gave up 13 points. You shouldn't ever lose when your defense only gives up 13 points. They were put in constant shit situations again because of the offense and kept the game close. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:56 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: I dunno if I'm as happy with the D with some folks on here. Last few plays haven't been stellar. You gonna stop those guys.

Folks are happy with the defense because it is vastly superior to the last few seasons.  Beefing up the depth in the secondary will make them an excellent unit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Rams let the coach go they knew wasnt that good. lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well out defense is good.

And at least we have a top 5 WR trio

Right?

Yeah the defense is good. Could have better play calling/better game plan.
Reply/Quote
Sorry but the D gave up 13 points, and at least three of them don’t really count. They did fine.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Too many mistakes. Poor play calling. And for how well the defense played, they failed when it really mattered. This is an okay team that is made bad because of their terrible coaches.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:57 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Bears have won 3 in a row.

What drugs are you on? I’m genuinely curious.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Offense 4 turnovers and a pick 6 defense held the Bears to 7 points really.

Exactly. The Bears weren't that good.  The Bengals offensive approach was just that bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:57 PM)Housh Wrote: lol that we cant beat Andy Dalton

Oh he would have destroyed us even worse.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:57 PM)Tony Wrote: Losing to the Bears means you are a garbage team. Sorry, truth hurts sometimes

I don’t know why people insist the Bears are a bad team. The Bengals aren’t a great team, but the Bears aren’t trash. You just can’t win games with that many turnovers and not getting the offense off the ground.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:59 PM)jeremydc Wrote: To think we have fans like yall. Calling it early and whining. We played a solid game. Burrow  got spooked but who could blame em with that o line. This team has a lot of potential.

The off-season narrative was that getting spooked after an injury was only for cowardly QBs from Cali.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:32 PM)Takedown Wrote: He deserved better and he did his time. 

He was better than Mixon. Don’t get the hype with this guy. Rarely makes anything happen. Is it the line, i dunno but the amount of carries he gets he should hit one more often than he does.
Reply/Quote
A win over the squeelers would make this game be swept under the rug much easier.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Folks are happy with the defense because it is vastly superior to the last few seasons.  

We've gone from suck to blow?
Reply/Quote
They should've been trying to stretch the field earlier in the game. The one to Higgins just barely missed and the defense looked lost on the Chase score. This is on Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:59 PM)jeremydc Wrote: To think we have fans like yall. Calling it early and whining. We played a solid game. Burrow  got spooked but who could blame em with that o line. This team has a lot of potential.

In what world was that a "solid game" by the offense? I would be so scared to see what you consider a bad game. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah, 4 turn overs and 4 sacks. Not a good game.

The offensive line is going to make this year very long. Not gonna get to 5 wins.
Reply/Quote