Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals***
(09-30-2021, 10:52 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Carmen is getting beaten like a drum.  Doesn’t matter what they call.

It's not Carman its Hopkins. Trey Hopkins is struggling he single handedly killed their 3rd drive.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How can they play like this on a night the franchise is having the ring of honor ceremony? These players should be ashamed of this.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s true. There has been plenty of research and analytical study into this idea. It’s not a thing. Or, if it exists, it doesn’t have any discernible effect. The data is readily available; there was essentially no evidence that a team suddenly plays better after a ‘big’ play.

There was actually a discussion about this on Movin' The Chains yesterday, after they talked to Scott Zolak.  They were going off on the fact that there are actually analytic people who don't think there is a human element to the games; i.e. momentum and energy.  The data is flat out incorrect.  Were there not such a think, the Falcons would have a Super Bowl Championship under their belts, and Brady would have one more Super Bowl loss...
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:51 PM)TheFan Wrote: Genuinely curious what was so awkward about qp "sneak" from your half inch line to close out a half and not take a safety. 

With 9 in the box a hand off is dangerous there too. Zero issues with the play calling there.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:51 PM)Synric Wrote: I've been very critical about the game plan the first three weeks but honestly this game has been more about the execution than game plan.

The first play of the game was a really good call. The second play of the game was a really stupid call. That sums up Zac Taylor. He's  just not a good consistent play caller, never has been, and never will be. He shouldn't be a head coach or OC. At least not at the point in his career and all evidence has pointed to that conclusion over and over and over again. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Getting outscored by a team that has lost 18 in a row makes me think the HC bonered something up. 

it's why I said specifically... 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You didn't know?? Bengals only do 1 week culture changes. 

I still think we beat the woeful Jags since they lose to everyone and then we get giddy over how much "never give up" this team has.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:54 PM)TheFan Wrote: The first play of the game was a really good call. The second play of the game was a really stupid call. That sums up Zac Taylor. He's  just not a good consistent play caller, never has been, and never will be. He shouldn't be a head coach or OC. At least not at the point in his career and all evidence has pointed to that conclusion over and over and over again. 

Schematically what was wrong? Or was it just wrong because it didn’t work?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:52 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: This is like the 2014 Thursday Night game against Cleveland. Had all the momentum going into the game and ended up getting crushed by the Browns.

The 2.0 game? Not eve close (yet). We score after the half and we’re right back in it.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: You knew what was coming when they missed the FG. Momentum is a thing and it shifted at that very moment.

You dont lose momentum on a missed field goal on the first drive of the game.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:51 PM)TheFan Wrote: Genuinely curious what was so awkward about qp "sneak" from your half inch line to close out a half and not take a safety. 

Maybe we think more highly of Burrow then most. But 99 yards in 53 seconds with a player like Chase and 2 time outs is enough time to score in today's NFL (a FG at least). With a "Generational" Franchise QB and a explosive threat like Chase it was odd. We had done good to close out the half this season too. So they had that going for them. 

If they were worried about a safety then they were worried about the Oline and blocking......

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Schematically what was wrong? Or was it just wrong because it didn’t work?

It was the same exact fake they used on the first play. The defense literally saw it 30 seconds prior. These are professionals or a good portion have better football knowledge then ZT
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:53 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not Carman its Hopkins. Trey Hopkins is struggling he single handedly killed their 3rd drive.

Yep. It’s time to try Hill.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good news is we've scored on every drive coming out of the halftime this year. I do hope many around here got their bytch fix in the first half because..we got this

Hadn't they scored on every drive right before the half too?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:54 PM)TheFan Wrote: The first play of the game was a really good call. The second play of the game was a really stupid call. That sums up Zac Taylor. He's  just not a good consistent play caller, never has been, and never will be. He shouldn't be a head coach or OC. At least not at the point in his career and all evidence has pointed to that conclusion over and over and over again. 

I liked the screen it got blown up but with 8 in the box is was the right move really. I hope they come out and go 2by2 shotgun and run from the shotgun something they havent done.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:49 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Didn’t he?

Nope.  Waynes got burned on a 52 yard play.  That's what put the ball on the 10.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I still think we beat the woeful Jags since they lose to everyone and then we get giddy over how much "never give up" this team has.  

In Cincinnati the game is over so early the fat lady sings the national anthem.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:55 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: You dont lose momentum on a missed field goal on the first drive of the game.  

Why don't you? Momentum shifts can come anytime.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Disagree somewhat. He should let his OC call the plays. Other than that the team is in good physical condition, plays hard to the end and we’ve accumulated some nice talent on both sides of the ball. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I really don't see the issue with the gameplan this game; seems to be a good mix of run. pass, Play action. Maybe we need to let JB go empty like he likes but folks here do not. 
I liked them incorporating play action which has felt relatively absent thus far in the season. I also liked them calling a screen or two, something else they haven't really done much so far.

It's just the execution that sucks haha. The screen to Mixon with no one in front of him and 2 jaguars meeting him at the line... makes you wonder who missed their assignment. Plus the throw where Boyd broke the opposite direction.

I feared we'd come out flat today, and I'm not surprised with this performance. Hopefully, they get it together in the second half.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote