Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals***
(09-30-2021, 10:55 PM)TheFan Wrote: It was the same exact fake they used on the first play. The defense literally say it 30 seconds prior. 

I could argue that would make it more likely to be a run. In reality the backside backer made a great play inside out closing on the screen. They had off man coverage that should have given them the one on one you want there.

Play call/design was fine the defense made a good play.
Reply/Quote
Ogunjobi is questionable with a knee injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Nope.  Waynes got burned on a 52 yard play.  That's what put the ball on the 10.

And if dumbass had turned around LIKE A CB SHOULD that should have been a pick. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s sad, but I just don’t trust the defense right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: it's why I said specifically... 

I specifically said he bonered it up.  That says it all, really. 
Reply/Quote
This first half is exactly what I feared this team would be...man, different coaches...different players...same ole Bengals. Text book coming off an emotional win and playing against a horrible team and getting owned..

Will they rebound second half and win?

I think not...but hope Im wrong...but usually when you expect the worst from the Bengals they don't do anything to change your mind..
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:51 PM)TheFan Wrote: Genuinely curious what was so awkward about qp "sneak" from your half inch line to close out a half and not take a safety. 

Just can't think if I've ever seen a team take a delay of game like that not that I don't see the logic in it. But then a QB sneek that goes no where. It was awkward.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I liked the screen it got blown up but with 8 in the box is was the right move really. I hope they come out and go 2by2 shotgun and run from the shotgun something they havent done.

We did.  It was almost a loss of yardage, but Mixon broke from the hit in the backfield and tried to bounce it outside for a gain of 2.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe we think more highly of Burrow then most. But 99 yards in 53 seconds with a player like Chase and 2 time outs is enough time to score in today's NFL (a FG at least). With a "Generational" Franchise QB and a explosive threat like Chase it was odd. We had done good to close out the half this season too. So they had that going for them. 

If they were worried about a safety then they were worried about the Oline and blocking......

They were a foot from a safety...there is no other correct call except running out the clock there.  Geesh
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: If they were worried about a safety then they were worried about the Oline and blocking......

Wouldn't you be?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe we think more highly of Burrow then most. But 99 yards in 53 seconds with a player like Chase and 2 time outs is enough time to score in today's NFL (a FG at least). With a "Generational" Franchise QB and a explosive threat like Chase it was odd. We had done good to close out the half this season too. So they had that going for them. 

If they were worried about a safety then they were worried about the Oline and blocking......
As they should be having watched the last 2.20 years of this Oline? Again, what was so awkward about it?
Reply/Quote
I hope the voices for Zac's replacement get louder. We need to have the Bengal's FO get going in searching for a new HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:57 PM)pally Wrote: Ogunjobi is questionable with a knee injury

I guess he walked off on his own which is hopefully a good sign. We need to score on this drive.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We did.  It was almost a loss of yardage, but Mixon broke from the hit in the backfield and tried to bounce it outside for a gain of 2.

That was a 3by1 stacked TE.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: And if dumbass had turned around LIKE A CB SHOULD that should have been a pick. 

When was the last time Trae Waynes played football? The Cretaceous Period?
Reply/Quote
Comeback time
Reply/Quote
So much for this series...
Reply/Quote
Burrow still not good
Reply/Quote
I liked the play calling on the first drive. They expected us to run, and we came out passing. The line has been garbage though. Can’t run the ball, giving up quick pressure. I don’t know if they are just overloading the line. But the oline is not playing well and needs to step up.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:53 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I don't believe that momentum exists as in big play in = big play out but football players are human and there's no way the defense doesn't feel better at 14-0 after that big stop. They need to start putting good plays together on both offense and defense. You can't win if you never make good plays

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I’m certain they feel better. What I am saying is that it doesn’t matter; it doesn’t affect their play, or at least in no meaningful way. I agree, though, this offense in particular has been absolutely awful and it is crushing to watch.
Reply/Quote