Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor for coach of the year!!!
(01-02-2022, 07:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who brought all this talent here?

Burrow as the no brainer #1 overall pick and who wanted Chase. And if the coach is making the calls, he can eat trading up for Finley, reaching on Sample, the horrible OLine, getting Waynes and allowing Phillips to play week after week until the grenade exploded.

Can’t give him all the credit if he can’t take all the blame. Bengals front office has been the control and always has been. Taylor never had as much pull as Marvin could after years in control. He sits at the table but the chair has always been small.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He just made a terrible call at the end of the game and got bailed out by the refs.

Sorry, not sorry.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He just made a terrible call at the end of the game and got bailed out by the refs.

How'd he get bailed out? It was a fuggin facemask FFS! You trolling hard brah....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:27 PM)Destro Wrote: Burrow as the no brainer #1 overall pick and who wanted Chase. And if the coach is making the calls, he can eat trading up for Finley, reaching on Sample, the horrible OLine, getting Waynes and allowing Phillips to play week after week until the grenade exploded.

Can’t give him all the credit if he can’t take all the blame. Bengals front office has been the control and always has been. Taylor never had as much pull as Marvin could after years in control. He sits at the table but the chair has always been small.

Exactly, but you give him NO credit for any of the good, lol. 

Let's look at picks other than Sample, Burrow, Chase, and Finley.... Logan Wilson, Jonah Williams, Tee Higgins, Ossai looked great in preseason, then the impact FAs of Bell, Awuzie, Hendrickson, Reader, Ogunjobi, Reiff, the trade for Hill, Apple, and a few role players. 

So, by your own rationale, it's hard to give him all of the blame and none of the credit.

Also, this team has taken a drastic turn on how they play the FA game, and since we have the same front office we've always had, and the only difference is the coaching staff, couldn't one deduce they've at least had an influence?

Reply/Quote

be quiet
Reply/Quote
I'm in

And I've been no ZT fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 08:10 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Exactly, but you give him NO credit for any of the good, lol. 

That is false. I have even defend him at times. I give credit where it is due and blame where I feel it belongs. I give him all the credit for Burrow but don’t give him all the blame for Waynes.

Was a thread, maybe by rfaulk or was replying to him, some time ago, about how I have hot sauce at the ready to eat crow about Taylor. They then proceeded to poop the bed again. Is Taylor the same one as the first two years or is this year an anomaly with a great roster? I think time will tell. Based on some things this year, I believe much of the team success is in spite of him, not because of him.

But, as I said, I am more than happy to eat crow because we hang a banner at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ask anyone in the media they’d say turning the Bengals around would be harder. Then they’d go vote for Billy B lol

This ^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 06:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Burrow for comeback player of the year

Chase for rookie of the year

Taylor for coach of the year? Maybe. Idk. I like what Vrabel and Reich have done with their teams

Indy loss today hurts Tenn. Been in hunt 3 years now, 10 wins over 4 last year.mote impressive 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:27 PM)Destro Wrote: Burrow as the no brainer #1 overall pick and who wanted Chase. And if the coach is making the calls, he can eat trading up for Finley, reaching on Sample, the horrible OLine, getting Waynes and allowing Phillips to play week after week until the grenade exploded.

Totally disagree, traylor has more control now than marvin,no coach is perfect on decisions,  but Taylor on plus side so far 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:15 PM)Destro Wrote: That is false. I have even defend him at times. I give credit where it is due and blame where I feel it belongs. I give him all the credit for Burrow but don’t give him all the blame for Waynes.

Was a thread, maybe by rfaulk or was replying to him, some time ago, about how I have hot sauce at the ready to eat crow about Taylor. They then proceeded to poop the bed again. Is Taylor the same one as the first two years or is this year an anomaly with a great roster? I think time will tell. Based on some things this year, I believe much of the team success is in spite of him, not because of him.

But, as I said, I am more than happy to eat crow because we hang a banner at the same time.

Yep.

This is what you said right before my post. 

"Said it before, win the remainder against the full strength teams, say 5-1, 4-2 and I would be willing to chill on the pink slip posse."

One more dub would be 4-2. Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Well, a coach does have to win coach of the year even if they are blessed with awesome players. It might as well be Zac. I hope he wins COY.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:15 PM)Destro Wrote: That is false. I have even defend him at times. I give credit where it is due and blame where I feel it belongs. I give him all the credit for Burrow but don’t give him all the blame for Waynes.

Gotcha, well, when you say fire Zac all the time, it seemed to me like you were blaming and not giving credit. My apologies, I'm not in here as much as I have been in the past, and don't read all threads. I guess I've missed you defending him.

Hey, it's a good dey to be a Bengals fan!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep.

This is what you said right before my post. 

"Said it before, win the remainder against the full strength teams, say 5-1, 4-2 and I would be willing to chill on the pink slip posse."

One more dub would be 4-2. Wink

Good dig. I’m still stuck on a cell phone so I wasn’t about to search for it. I am a reasonable man, I think. I have been out of the Taylor camp and readily will take that he could be great, though I am not convinced of it yet. I do keep an open mind.

Just like I was not into all the Dalton hate, but admitted he should have been gone. I hated John Ross and was demonized for it. Win some, lose some. As long as the TEAM racks up the wins, Who Dey!!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:54 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Gotcha, well, when you say fire Zac all the time, it seemed to me like you were blaming and not giving credit. My apologies, I'm not in here as much as I have been in the past, and don't read all threads. I guess I've missed you defending him.

Hey, it's a good dey to be a Bengals fan!

Well, I am that guy. I’m also the “We can’t have nice things!” Guy. Not a fan of his, for sure, but a Bengals fan for a long time. Bengals winning above all. I thought David Klinger would be a star here, so what do I know.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:05 PM)Destro Wrote: Well, I am that guy. I’m also the “We can’t have nice things!” Guy. Not a fan of his, for sure, but a Bengals fan for a long time. Bengals winning above all. I thought David Klinger would be a star here, so what do I know.

One thing that he has in his favor, lately, is adaptability. He started moving Chase around and his numbers have been great again lately. He also realized that while running is important (LV and Pitt) he finally figured out who butters his bread; Burrow. 

Well, there's that and my apathy since the 49ers game. Still watch the games but i don't get up or down at all before, during or after the game. Three game winning streak. You're welcome Zac. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: One thing that he has in his favor, lately, is adaptability. He started moving Chase around and his numbers have been great again lately. He also realized that while running is important (LV and Pitt) he finally figured out who butters his bread; Burrow. 

Well, there's that and my apathy since the 49ers game. Still watch the games but i don't get up or down at all before, during or after the game. Three game winning streak. You're welcome Zac. 

That's me last couple years. Just a few years ago I was an emotional train wreck with every game. But lately I'm much more calm, meh.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's me last couple years. Just a few years ago I was an emotional train wreck with every game. But lately I'm much more calm, meh.

I never knew how anyone could do it, be a passive-ish fan. I know now. I had the game on my PC monitor, sitting 3 feet away from me with the sound down and i was watching Shrek on the TV. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:05 PM)Destro Wrote: Well, I am that guy. I’m also the “We can’t have nice things!” Guy. Not a fan of his, for sure, but a Bengals fan for a long time. Bengals winning above all. I thought David Klinger would be a star here, so what do I know.

I was furious the day we drafted Klingler... LoL. The only time I was madder on draft day was the Akili Smith shit show. My fear was Klingler hadn't faced any competition or adversity, and there would be plenty of each in Cincinnati in those days.

I've been the we can't have nice things dude myself. I've just had a different feeling this year from the players and their coaches. I felt like they'd win around seven games, so I guess I'm looking at this through a different lens. I'm pleasantly surprised with the results of the season. I never imagined they'd win the north. Having said that....I felt like some good chemistry and growing up was brewing this off-season. I think we have a good mix across the board. If these guys continue to fight like they do for Zac, then count me in too. Tyler Boyd was the first one to celebrate with Zac. That's telling to me.

Reply/Quote
Random point here, see Trevor Lawrence being complete shit for a reason why looking at a high end QB prospect and acting like coaching doesn’t matter is asinine.
Reply/Quote