Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor for coach of the year!!!
(01-02-2022, 06:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Burrow for comeback player of the year

Chase for rookie of the year

Taylor for coach of the year? Maybe. Idk. I like what Vrabel and Reich have done with their teams

I opened this to see if Vrabel was mentioned. Amazing job with overcoming the adversity they have this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: Random point here, see Trevor Lawrence being complete shit for a reason why looking at a high end QB prospect and acting like coaching doesn’t matter is asinine.

Good point.....the headache guy has totally set him back.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:10 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Good point.....the headache guy has totally set him back.

He’s regressed horribly, the next coach is going to have to rework a bunch of fundamentals next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: He’s regressed horribly, the next coach is going to have to rework a bunch of fundamentals next year.

Yes....and some of it probably had to do with having to deal with all of that media drama along with being a rookie on a terrible team. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: Random point here, see Trevor Lawrence being complete shit for a reason why looking at a high end QB prospect and acting like coaching doesn’t matter is asinine.

Coaching matters. Google Jared Goff and Ryan Tannehill on Zac. Listen to Joe in the presser today about Zac. He said in his first meeting with him at the combine he wanted to play for him. Listen to Sam Hubbard talk about Zac’s leadership in his presser through their adversity. Joe praised the Brown’s for their foresight in choosing him. Zac has had help turning this around but make absolute no mistake he’s been the pilot. In the draft, in FA, and cleaning house. He stood firm drafting McPherson. He’s hired the coaches. He stood firm drafting Chase. He’s endured a lot of grief. This roster was crap when he took over. He’s still learning but many have been blind to what he’s accomplished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals were to get rid of Zac Taylor he will have no problem getting another NFL head coaching job.

He just won me $5000 dollars this year
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:06 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I was furious the day we drafted Klingler... LoL. The only time I was madder on draft day was the Akili Smith shit show. My fear was Klingler hadn't faced any competition or adversity, and there would be plenty of each in Cincinnati in those days.

I've been the we can't have nice things dude myself. I've just had a different feeling this year from the players and their coaches. I felt like they'd win around seven games, so I guess I'm looking at this through a different lens. I'm pleasantly surprised with the results of the season. I never imagined they'd win the north. Having said that....I felt like some good chemistry and growing up was brewing this off-season. I think we have a good mix across the board. If these guys continue to fight like they do for Zac, then count me in too. Tyler Boyd was the first one to celebrate with Zac. That's telling to me.

Based on talent alone, I put the Bengals in the AFC title game by next year. This was before all the media hype and “unexpected wins.” Bengals have ascended faster than I thought and the division has gone super soft very fast. Perfect storm to take over. Just when things get into tougher competition, tiny things can matter. I see the roster and aside from O-line ( which I expect to get the upgrade this off season) the weakest link must be somewhere. I’ll take that AFC title game now, though.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

Man has he been an absolute dumpster fire. Coaching obviously matters a ton, but there were people crowning Lawrence way too prematurely. He can’t just run around and win games with his big arm anymore like he did in college.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man has he been an absolute dumpster fire. Coaching obviously matters a ton, but there were people crowning Lawrence way too prematurely. He can’t just run around and win games with his big arm anymore like he did in college.

They dumped on josh allen early too and look at home now , get a good coach in there and let's see where he is in 2 years
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, a coach does have to win coach of the year even if they are blessed with awesome players. It might as well be Zac. I hope he wins COY.

Just as players are blessed with a good coach, and Taylor put this talent together and has coached them up
Reply/Quote
Props to the coach. My only real question was his play calling he seems to be getting better as his young team grows. I was still worried today on one play but it worked out. Only thing left for Zac to do is beat the Browns. Good Luck Coach!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:16 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: They dumped on josh allen early too and look at home now , get a good coach in there and let's see where he is in 2 years

Josh Allen wasn’t a #1OA pick, or touted as a generational prospect. Anyway, I said I agree with AU165 that some of it is coaching, but I don’t think anyone expected Lawrence to be this bad.

Reply/Quote

Great stuff.

Reply/Quote

To be fair Trevor never was put the team on my back consistently guy. Clemson won on the legs of Travis Etienne. 

That Nation Campionship vs LSU was a great example.. Lawrence had around a dozen just flat out missed throws.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:16 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: They dumped on josh allen early too and look at home now , get a good coach in there and let's see where he is in 2 years

Josh Allen and Joe Burrow have something in common....Jordan Palmer is their QB coach.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man has he been an absolute dumpster fire. Coaching obviously matters a ton, but there were people crowning Lawrence way too prematurely. He can’t just run around and win games with his big arm anymore like he did in college.

Sure, I was actually critical of him coming out. There is a phenomenon with guys like him and Tua where scouts declare them the next coming as freshman then do everything they can to not come off it. That said, from an actual fundamentals standpoint he has regressed significantly…that’s a massive coaching issue.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:49 PM)Destro Wrote: Based on talent alone, I put the Bengals in the AFC title game by next year. This was before all the media hype and “unexpected wins.” Bengals have ascended faster than I thought and the division has gone super soft very fast. Perfect storm to take over. Just when things get into tougher competition, tiny things can matter. I see the roster and aside from O-line ( which I expect to get the upgrade this off season) the weakest link must be somewhere. I’ll take that AFC title game now, though.

We'll have to see how FA plays out for the defense for me to agree to that. The oline is the Achilles Heel.....and it can drastically effect play calling and results for your offense. It's not the liability it has been in the past (ranking in the 30s as a unit), but it still needs vast improvement. People gotta realize that unit was 32-30th the last three seasons. That ABSOLUTELY handicaps you on offense. It destroys everything you try to do. 

Reply/Quote
I don't know if he's the COY, but I do know I'd take him over some of ya'lls boy Mike Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:01 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: I don't know if he's the COY, but I do know I'd take him over some of ya'lls boy Mike Zimmer.

Agreed. I wouldn’t really want a defensive minded old school coach at this point. It would be like giving a Ferrari to an old woman to drive to the grocery store and back.

Reply/Quote

True, but the Jags are also a mess
Reply/Quote