Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals
Not just their fans are upset with the officials.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There were bad calls made all around. Seems like the sky booth should act quicker, and not need a challenge. Pace of game is more important to NFL than getting it right, which is funny considering the asinine amount of commercials we have to sit through.
Reply/Quote
They are absolutely crying about the refs, and it is a pathetic joke.

Let this be a lesson, Jungle Noise. When the refs flag the Bengals more than you’d like, it doesn’t mean the NFL is rigged. Let’s be better than that in the future.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 07:11 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They are absolutely crying about the refs, and it is a pathetic joke.

Let this be a lesson, Jungle Noise. When the refs flag the Bengals more than you’d like, it doesn’t mean the NFL is rigged. Let’s be better than that in the future.

It just shows that most NFL fans are the same. I think the best part is they're crying about having to play in a wild card game, lol.
Reply/Quote
My favorite part about this is none of them are acknowledging the fact that perfect patty threw 2 picks that were dropped, the game would have been different had we held on to those.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 07:11 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They are absolutely crying about the refs, and it is a pathetic joke.

Don't go preachin' virtue at us, we're just a bunch of sports fans, dammit!   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Come on, everyone knows when it’s the Bengals getting screwed by the refs, the game is totally rigged. Everyone else, those flags are justified

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:25 AM)pally Wrote: Come on, everyone knows when it’s the Bengals getting screwed by the refs, the game is totally rigged.  Everyone else, those flags are justified

Except that in this case you can look at the video and see that the flags, ESPECIALLY the big one in the end zone, were correct. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:31 AM)Joelist Wrote: Except that in this case you can look at the video and see that the flags, ESPECIALLY the big one in the end zone, were correct. 

Agreed, the refs made the right guy. Just look at Boyd running his route with a twisted helmet. You can't miss it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:31 AM)Joelist Wrote: Except that in this case you can look at the video and see that the flags, ESPECIALLY the big one in the end zone, were correct. 

Yeah they really seem to be arguing they shouldn’t have thrown the flags even if they were legit.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

I have no doubts that certain aspects of the game are rigged, but they've had years and years of practice at it and are really expert at denial. The league never even addresses it even when very well known players come right out and tell people it's rigged. I don't think it's rigged to favor gamblers, but it is rigged to favor the team owners bottom line. That's one of the reasons larger television markets win more often than smaller markets, but the people who figure this stuff out are smart enough to allow smaller market teams win out for a few years here and there. Simple fact is if NY and LA and Chicago suddenly started winning all the time with little to no explanation fans in all the flyover cities would simply stop watching. They're smart enough to realize that small markets also have gold mines in them and there has been a LOT of accusations of rigging over the past few decades that smaller markets had to start winning or they were at risk of killing the goose that laid the golden eggs..   
There's been just too much information come out over the past several years to keep denying it.. It's like flat earthers after awhile..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 09:55 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: My favorite part about this is none of them are acknowledging the fact that perfect patty threw 2 picks that were dropped, the game would have been different had we held on to those.

Completely off topic of the Chiefs fan whining…and crying…but the Bengals MUST make those interceptions. Those plays have to be made in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
42 pages now. LOL I can’t bring myself to read any more crazy, but it must be getting to 9/11 level by now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have no doubts that certain aspects of the game are rigged, but they've had years and years of practice at it and are really expert at denial. The league never even addresses it even when very well known players come right out and tell people it's rigged. I don't think it's rigged to favor gamblers, but it is rigged to favor the team owners bottom line. That's one of the reasons larger television markets win more often than smaller markets, but the people who figure this stuff out are smart enough to allow smaller market teams win out for a few years here and there. Simple fact is if NY and LA and Chicago suddenly started winning all the time with little to no explanation fans in all the flyover cities would simply stop watching. They're smart enough to realize that small markets also have gold mines in them and there has been a LOT of accusations of rigging over the past few decades that smaller markets had to start winning or they were at risk of killing the goose that laid the golden eggs..   
There's been just too much information come out over the past several years to keep denying it.. It's like flat earthers after awhile..  Tongue

Dude.. you gotta have at least SOME evidence (links to interviews, etc) to back up this claim, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 42 pages now. LOL  I can’t bring myself to read any more crazy, but it must be getting to 9/11 level by now.

I hope someone reminded their mod that we were INVITED there.
I'm still kinda pissed that I've been "shadow-banned."  (I can browse the forums, but can't post or reply.)
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:10 AM)J24 Wrote: You don't blitz Joe Burrow and you don't leave Chase 1 on 1.

If there is a rematch it will be interesting to see if they deploy that same strategy again. I for one hope they give it another shot 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Dude.. you gotta have at least SOME evidence (links to interviews, etc) to back up this claim, right?

I already know your ilk

Even if the evidence presents itself in front of you, you’re still gonna deny

I’ve personally had this conversation many times. People aren’t going to change their minds. You believe there is no rigging in certain situations.

Ok, that’s fine. So live and let live.
Reply/Quote
There are bad calls everyweek for every game.

I just don't get the whole the NFL is rigged thing with them saying it was rigged for the Bengals. If the NFL is rigged which it could be considering it's a billion dollar industry the Bengals would be one of the last teams the league helped considering they are such a small market. You'd have to think the league would want the Steelers in Playoffs over the Bengals because the game would make more money.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
So the Chiefs relied on the refs for their 8-game win streak. Interesting.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Over on the Browns message board it’s all the same. Saying the NFL fixed everything so Bengals would win the game and the division. To their knowledge they Browns haven’t lost a game all year. In their gameday thread for yesterday’s games they were talking about targeting Joe Burrow next week to knock him out of the playoffs. All their fans are clueless and classless A-holes.
Reply/Quote