Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-13-2022, 05:28 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: In case anyone is curious about the UDFA side on LCs behalf, in this link the story is explained. 

https://youtu.be/6T2wcBJ-DRc

For those who don't have 17 min to watch, TLDR, he cooperated with the investigation after the victims daughter said his name (not that he did it but just that his name). He was advised by his agent (their job) to not partake in any draft celebration and to fly home immediately to talk with the police. After it hit day 3, based on all the money he lost from being a projected 1 rd pick to possibly late round, his agent said he would reject any offer and return to the following years draft if picked. Everyone let him go updraft and he signed a fully guaranteed top value UDFA contract with stipulations he received 0 payout if indicted on murder charges. Rest as we know is history.

Exactly, he was selfish. Not the "I'm just glad to get a chance stance" most take.

I fully expect him to be just as selfish in his next move. Anyone who thinks he's going to be happy with his current contract is fooling themselves. Most likely why Dallas allowed him to pursue a trade. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly, he was selfish. Not the "I'm just glad to get a chance stance" most take.

I fully expect him to be just as selfish in his next move. Anyone who thinks he's going to be happy with his current contract is fooling themselves. Most likely why Dallas allowed him to pursue a trade. 

It's very speculative and judgmental but hey this is your opinion, and thats cool.  

Selfish?  It is his life, he has every right to do what is best for him, just like all of us have done in our professions.  It seems very obvious to me that his agent told him "you are innocent and will be cleared, there is no reason to take a 4 year pay cut with a later round deal".

I also disagree with the idea the NFL was doing him a favor, he spent at least a decade working on his game and his body in order to be a valued pick and this situation was totally out of his control.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly, he was selfish. Not the "I'm just glad to get a chance stance" most take.

Depends on what you think his next move is. I need to do more research but he will technically be a top 5 paid RT. Ramczyk's contract for 20 APY was written for the intent of moving him to LT and paying him accordingly.

Source article won't let me paste. But written by Saints Wire (I'm going to make a rash assumption they know about their teams players contracts).
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:34 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It's very speculative and judgmental but hey this is your opinion, and thats cool.  

Selfish?  It is his life, he has every right to do what is best for him, just like all of us have done in our professions.  It seems very obvious to me that his agent told him "you are innocent and will be cleared, there is no reason to take a 4 year pay cut with a later round deal".

I also disagree with the idea the NFL was doing him a favor, he spent at least a decade working on his game and his body in order to be a valued pick and this situation was totally out of his control.

Perhaps you don't know what selfish means. Of course he had the "right". 

FWIW, every decision I've made in my profession was not because it benefited me most. 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps you don't know what selfish means. Of course he had the "right". 

FWIW, every decision I've made in my profession was not because it benefited me most. 

You used "selfish" in a derogatory manner.

The majority of people, except you of course, make professional decisions as to how they most positively impact themselves and their family.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps you don't know what selfish means. Of course he had the "right". 

I don't think getting paid for your talents a proportionate rate is selfish personally but thats like my opinion man (bad attempt acting like the Big Lembowski over text btw). This issue will end up just being one you, Caesar and I will have to agree to disagree on. Sorry Caesar, speaking for you on this lol.
Reply/Quote
https://overthecap.com/position/right-tackle/

Ryan Ramczyk$96,000,000$19,200,000
Brian O'Neill$92,500,000$18,500,000
LaneJohnson$72,000,000$18,000,000
BradenSmith$70,000,000$17,500,000
TaylorMoton$85,000,000$17,000,000
Bryan Bulaga$30,000,000$10,000,000
La’elCollins$50,000,000$10,000,000
George Fant$27,300,000$9,200,000
TrentBrown$9,000,000$9,000,000
Rob Havenstein$32,500,000,000

Collins is currently the 6th(tie) highest paid RT. For fans of PFF, he is still the 7th highest rated RT.
Feed The Cats Training

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:15 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I don't think getting paid for your talents a proportionate rate is selfish personally but thats like my opinion man (bad attempt acting like the Big Lembowski over text btw). This issue will end up just being one you, Caesar and I will have to agree to disagree on. Sorry Caesar, speaking for you on this lol.

Well I'm not in charge of the dictionary; I just try to use the words in it according to their meaning.

Selfish: "concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others"

What LC did was selfish; that's a fact. Opinion comes in when we opine whether it was "right or wrong". 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:28 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: https://overthecap.com/position/right-tackle/

Collins is currently the 6th(tie) highest paid RT. For fans of PFF, he is still the 7th highest rated RT.

The one thing on these RT numbers, some of these players are being speculated to move over to the left side by team analyst articles. Ramczyk as mentioned earlier, Taylor Moton as well. 

Braeden Smith is playing with Fischer as a stop cap 2M LT, O'Neill and Buluga playing with rookies (meaning their teams would be likely not be paying these players close to the contracts they have). 

I honestly forgot where I was going with this post so here's the information I found out.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:54 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: The one thing on these RT numbers, some of these players are being speculated to move over to the left side by team analyst articles. Ramczyk as mentioned earlier, Taylor Moton as well. 

Braeden Smith is playing with Fischer as a stop cap 2M LT, O'Neill and Buluga playing with rookies (meaning their teams would be likely not be paying these players close to the contracts they have). 

I honestly forgot where I was going with this post so here's the information I found out.

Good post, Fant played LT all year and Becton has to earn his job back according to his coach. With Moses gone Fant most likely moves back.

Salaries is a difficult measure of a player due to timing of contract and increases every year.

I actually think this entire debate as to how close to the top of RT's Collins may be is comical as our guys are barely on the first page of ratings, and we dont need PFF to tell us how terrible they truly played this year.  Collins contribution would be a huge upgrade despite how highly he is ranked amongst the elite.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:28 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: https://overthecap.com/position/right-tackle/

Thanks for the contribution, I assume you watched Collins this season and in 2019, possibly earlier, let me ask you a Coach question.

Considering these 5 factors:

1. 2022 he played after missing 21 straight games
2. 2022 he played coming off hip surgery/rehab
3. Perhaps a better attitude on a new team?
4. Perhaps a chip on his shoulder to prove the Cowboys wrong?
5. More receptive to Pollack's coaching?   (Philbin has a long history as a coach, but in reading/watching several Dallas insiders there are constant complaints regarding Philbin's relationship with his oline group, there have also been negative remarks regarding Philbin and players in the past with other teams.)

In your opinion, does Collins have the talent level to be a better player this coming season due to being fully healthy and back into the mix of playing games, having a renewed attitude shift, a resolve and determination to prove Dallas wrong, and maybe a better rapport with Pollack?

And if so, what is his potential ceiling?

Thanks in advance.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Thanks for the contribution, I assume you watched Collins this season and in 2019, possibly earlier, let me ask you a Coach question.

Considering these 5 factors:

1. 2022 he played after missing 21 straight games
2. 2022 he played coming off hip surgery/rehab
3. Perhaps a better attitude on a new team?
4. Perhaps a chip on his shoulder to prove the Cowboys wrong?
5. More receptive to Pollack's coaching?   (Philbin has a long history as a coach, but in reading/watching several Dallas insiders there are constant complaints regarding Philbin's relationship with his oline group, there have also been negative remarks regarding Philbin and players in the past with other teams.)

In your opinion, does Collins have the talent level to be a better player this coming season due to being fully healthy and back into the mix of playing games, having a renewed attitude shift, a resolve and determination to prove Dallas wrong, and maybe a better rapport with Pollack?

And if so, what is his potential ceiling?

Thanks in advance.

I was unaware of these issues with the Dal coaching staff. Could be a big part that caused LC to fall out if flavor management. Big thing to watch.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:28 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I was unaware of these issues with the Dal coaching staff. Could be a big part that caused LC to fall out if flavor management. Big thing to watch.

Yeah, there are personal issues I didnt want to bring up.  One reason being I cant really verify them, although I do believe them, and the other reason was the ongoing debate with obviously uninformed folks that were looking for anything negative to help bolster their claim that the guy wasn't worth bringing here for anything more than a half eaten Snickers...

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Glad you decided to wait and be a whiny ass with me. At least you used my Carmen at LG take in another thread....

I'm not a whiny ass I just don't take to kindly to people who think they know it all and talk shit about others. I'm a very blunt and straight to the point person. I didn't USE anybodies idea or borrow anybodies take( Wouldn't expect anything less from you at this point). Carman should have been left at LG to begin with. The only reason they didn't is because they had Spain already there.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:18 AM)pulses Wrote: I'm not a whiny ass I just don't take to kindly to people who think they know it all and talk shit about others. I'm a very blunt and straight to the point person. I didn't USE anybodies idea or borrow anybodies take( Wouldn't expect anything less from you at this point). Carman should have been left at LG to begin with. The only reason they didn't is because they had Spain already there.

[Image: QyZso.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:14 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You used "selfish" in a derogatory manner.

The majority of people, except you of course, make professional decisions as to how they most positively impact themselves and their family.

You’re a cherry. I can still see the stem. So I’ll explain. Bfine is a combat vet. Thus not every professional decision he made benefitted him.

“Except you of course.” LOL. That’s a great look on you.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Glad you decided to wait and be a whiny ass with me. At least you used my Carmen at LG take in another thread....

Friday or Saturday you were plagiarizing ideas from content mills at Fansided and Sportsmeeda.

And whining about being called names.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:30 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You’re a cherry. I can still see the stem. So I’ll explain. Bfine is a combat vet. Thus not every professional decision he made benefitted him.

“Except you of course.”  LOL. That’s a great look on you.

Interesting, please thank Bfine for his service.  I swear this is too easy.....

I too am a combat vet. 2 tours.  Shall we compare DD214's? 

I left a kidney, spleen, and part of my colon in the desert, C-5 neck fracture, lost part of my cerebellum (TBI), I can go on.... 

There are many of us that have been to war.  If I were Bfine I wouldn't appreciate you putting my personal life out to the public.  Most of us are not looking for sympathy, and Im sure he isnt either.  No need for a medal competition (trust me). 

Attempting to pit two combat vets against each other isnt a great look on you.

[Image: 443e9b299a7131839ada1b5b6acaa72a.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This thread is getting out of hand. We are all on the same side here. Stop with the personal shyt.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:10 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Interesting, please thank Bfine for his service.  I swear this is too easy.....

I too am a combat vet. 2 tours.  Shall we compare DD214's? 

I left a kidney, spleen, and part of my colon in the desert, C-5 neck fracture, lost part of my cerebellum (TBI), I can go on.... 

There are many of us that have been to war.  If I were Bfine I wouldn't appreciate you putting my personal life out to the public.  Most of us are not looking for sympathy, and Im sure he isnt either.  No need for a medal competition (trust me). 

Attempting to pit two combat vets against each other isnt a great look on you.

[Image: 443e9b299a7131839ada1b5b6acaa72a.jpg]

Well, then there isn't any excuse for not understanding bfine's point.

Bfine is proud of his services. I don’t think he would mind if I told someone he is a vet. I didn’t pit two vets against each other. I explained bfine’s answer to a cherry who was being a smart ass to a vet. Now you know the rest of the story.

Has the VA seen those glamor shots you took of yourself gettin' your swole on at the gym? Butt seriously, nice glutes.  Those Bulgarian split squats are really paying dividends. Must be because of that extra 35% you put in escrow.  Get? Ends.  'Cause I'm talking about your butt.

[Image: 2e95n4.jpg]
Reply/Quote