Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-14-2022, 08:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: So if we can get Collins for our 3rd rounder what is the consensus?

Our most recent 3rd Round Picks
Ossai
Wilson
Pratt
Hubbard/Malik Jefferson
Willis
Vigil
Kroft/Dawson
Clark
Williams
Sanu/Thompson
Moch
Shipley/Ghee

Wilson and Hubbard are great, Pratt coming along, Ossai we dont know yet, but rest are pretty lame (exception: Sanu).

Unless our staff has a total stud pegged for the 3rd (how could they at 95?),  Im not sure why wouldnt do this deal?

Yes, done and done. A 3rd an no one being paid more than me on over the next 3 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:17 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yes, done and done.  A 3rd an no one being paid more than me on over the next 3 years.

Right?  We still have a lot of cap space.

Donte Jackson CB1 - fastest CB, LSU guy
La'el Collins RT - Top Shelf
Tyler Conklin TE - Dynamic weapon for Joe (not best blocker but awesome big target receiver)

Let's Go!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Right?  We still have a lot of cap space.

Donte Jackson CB1 - fastest CB, LSU guy
La'el Collins RT - Top Shelf
Tyler Conklin TE - Dynamic weapon for Joe (not best blocker but awesome big target receiver)

Let's Go!

I'd rather go Oj Howard but I like this.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:51 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'd rather go Oj Howard but I like this.

Watch Conklin catches, the guy is a tremendous target.. he can and has done many things CJ couldnt, and OJ (I like) is all potential.

PFF must have Conklin salary wrong.... he would eat with Burrow.  Fast and great hands... a streak down the middle seam would mess up defenses.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Cowboy Insiders are stating that the release leak is just a bad ploy to bring the price up.  I cant tell you how many times the words "Cowboys are terrible dealers" were stated by different people.

According to a combination of guys letting out little bits of info Fisher, Cavanaugh, Sham, RJ etc.. here is what they are saying..

Cowboys have offers not happy with them.

Bengals are 1st team mentioned every time.

Bucs want to move Collins back to guard (apparently Tampa lost a really good guard....), and it seems Tampa may had been a lower tier bidder due to the lesser value of G vs T.

Miami's 3rd rd pick is a popular guess as to what the Cowboys want, Dolphins havent offered that high, yet.

Broncos have very little trade capital but still in the mix.

Jags in the mix but they have several tackles, no one can figure that out.

Chargers were involved but after their big signings they seem to have gone quiet.

A handful of other teams are involved but things have gone quiet today with free agency. Maybe Dallas waits to see got left out in FA?

The consensus is that the Cowboys totally screwed up restructuring too many contracts in order to make Dak's contract work, but many, many things have gone wrong. Steven Jones is the guy being blamed for the screw ups.  Teams know way more details about Jerry's sticky position, Collins is gone one way or another and they are not budging.  "Frustration is brewing in the building"

Collins is talked about as cap casualty much more than a problem player. They all say Steele is capable but not on the level of Collins. 

Brad Sham (their Dan Hoard) said their is some "whispers of a chemistry issue with Collins and the coaching staff", but he said Collins is by far one of the best RT in the league and Collins has NOT been viewed as a problem.  "He predicts Cowboys are prepping for big moves next offseason, clearing the books"

Bobby Belt - "Cowboys are clearing he books and have told McCarty do your best."  Collins is gone one way or the other, they want a draft pick but they may need to come down on their ask.  They will sign cheap one year FA's this offseason.

Belt said a 2nd round is most likely not happening and thinks they are hoping for a 3rd rounder.

"Steele is 17 times cheaper than Collins but not 17 times worse."  All money talk, not red flags again.

So it seems the asking price is Miami's 3rd rounder which is #101,  The Bengals 3rd is #95.....

Miami's 4th is is 120, ours is 135

Miami's 5th is is 158, ours is 174

Sorry so long.

Great stuff. Maybe the league does view him as a trouble maker. Maybe he gets cut, and we can sign him on a cheap 1 year deal. I’d trade a 3rd for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:57 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Great stuff. Maybe the league does view him as a trouble maker. Maybe he gets cut, and we can sign him on a cheap 1 year deal. I’d trade a 3rd for him.

I dont see us getting him cheap.  If he is cut I bet he signs an even larger contract.  I say if we can shore up our RT needs with the 3rd round pick, make the trade with Dallas.  What are the other options?  Morgan Moses for 8 million?  I would rather have Collins for 10 million.

If the Bengals feel the 3rd is too high maybe they counter Dallas with also swapping 4th round picks so they move up in the draft for the fourth round to 128 instead of 135
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:57 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Great stuff. Maybe the league does view him as a trouble maker. Maybe he gets cut, and we can sign him on a cheap 1 year deal. I’d trade a 3rd for him.

He would get a good contract, we want to sign him to multiple years while his stock is low, not let him perform great one season and then want Armstead money...

The good thing is, if they cut him he really likes Pollack a lot and might want to come here.

It wont be cheap, but if he plays close to potential with Pollack and has Willie Anderson around he could be the best RT we have had since Willie.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:13 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont see us getting him cheap.  If he is cut I bet he signs an even larger contract.  I say if we can shore up our RT needs with the 3rd round pick, make the trade with Dallas.  What are the other options?  Morgan Moses for 8 million?  I would rather have Collins for 10 million.

If the Bengals feel the 3rd is too high maybe they counter Dallas with also swapping 4th round picks so they move up in the draft for the fourth round to 128 instead of 135

The other options are: 

1) Re-sign Reiff. 
2) Roll with Prince or Smith or Fred Johnson.  
3) Draft a RT in Rd 1 or Rd 2. 

Outside of Armstead & Trent Brown, Reiff is as good as the other FA options left. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The other options are: 

1) Re-sign Reiff. 
2) Roll with Prince or Smith or Fred Johnson.  
3) Draft a RT in Rd 1 or Rd 2. 

Outside of Armstead & Trent Brown, Reiff is as good as the other FA options left. 

1)  Reiff is not a horrible option (if his ankle is healed) but I think we should try to do better at that position.  Reiff made 7.5 million last year.  How much of a pay cut could we get him for?  Collins is much better than Reiff and if the difference is $7M to sign Reiff or $10M for Collins, I would rather have Collins even if it costs a 3rd round draft pick to get him.  If Collins is off the table, I would rather have Mogan Moses instead of Reiff.  Resigning Reiff wouldn't be the ideal situation but I believe we could work with it.

2)  I don't think Prince, Smith or Johnson is the answer at RT for the time being. They can improve but I dont think now is the time

3)  Again not a horrible option but you just never know how rookies are going to pan out.   They are too much of an unknown.  Right now this team has a Super Bowl window and we need to do the best we can to improve the line right now.
Reply/Quote
Trade a 3rd for him already. Geez that is a steal as long as Pollack doesn't think he is a mental case and can't get the best
out of him. La'el is still the best option as a player we could get this FA. That is cool having a higher 3rd rounder than the
Phins to boot. DO IT. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:14 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He would get a good contract, we want to sign him to multiple years while his stock is low, not let him perform great one season and then want Armstead money...

The good thing is, if they cut him he really likes Pollack a lot and might want to come here.

It wont be cheap, but if he plays close to potential with Pollack and has Willie Anderson around he could be the best RT we have had since Willie.

10m aint that bad either
Reply/Quote
I would probably send them that 3rd. We were 90 seconds and a bit of blocking away from a Super Bowl win - lets go all in to get back.

Reply/Quote
With his reasonable contract, there has to be some red flag with him that us fans aren't privy to. That or what's out in the media about the Cowboy's low asking price is wrong and they really value the extra cap space in cutting him vs a trade.

It's early in the day, but it seems most likely that he's cut Wednesday and then I think we'll get some kind of answer to the extent of his character concerns by what kind of contract he gets from his next club.
Reply/Quote
Rapien said Malik Wright said both Pollack and Collins have mutual love for each other and reported that we have a chance to sign him even if released. Fingers crossed. Had a nightmare we signed some 5th stringer to starter money so this would be a lovely reprieve.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 07:01 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Rapien said Malik Wright said both Pollack and Collins have mutual love for each other and reported that we have a chance to sign him even if released. Fingers crossed. Had a nightmare we signed some 5th stringer to starter money so this would be a lovely reprieve.

I've tried following Malik Wright on twitter different times but have never seen or heard him say anything up substance about the Bengals. I 100% believe your post, but when does he discuss the Bengals? All I've ever seen from him Bengals related is some annoying cryptic tweets. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 07:23 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I've tried following Malik Wright on twitter different times but have never seen or heard him say anything up substance about the Bengals. I 100% believe your post, but when does he discuss the Bengals? All I've ever seen from him Bengals related is some annoying cryptic tweets. 

It was reported by Rapien on the Locked on Bengals podcast. I also haven't seen it reported yet by Malik.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 07:01 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Rapien said Malik Wright said both Pollack and Collins have mutual love for each other and reported that we have a chance to sign him even if released. Fingers crossed. Had a nightmare we signed some 5th stringer to starter money so this would be a lovely reprieve.

They did, his name was Bobby Hart..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Apparently it would take my left nut to get this guy.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 08:26 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Apparently it would take my left nut to get this guy.

This is where we ask you to take one for the team.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 07:23 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I've tried following Malik Wright on twitter different times but have never seen or heard him say anything up substance about the Bengals. I 100% believe your post, but when does he discuss the Bengals? All I've ever seen from him Bengals related is some annoying cryptic tweets. 

Malik Wright has better sources inside of PBS than just about anyone. Multiple times he’s been the first person to drop info about a FA, draft pick, etc.

Reply/Quote