Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-15-2022, 02:54 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: You do realize its 3 years with no dead cap meaning its basically 3 1 year deals concurrently?

I did not realize no dead cap. Thank you. 

That makes me think there are more red flags we do not know about. 
Reply/Quote
Certain the Bengals have some good inside sources to find out about his character being he played at LSU.

Know it was before Burow and Chase yet believe they can get the inside scoop on him easily.

Love his 89 run blocking grade, but going to trust the teams decision on him since he sounds so attainable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Certain the Bengals have some good inside sources to find out about his character being he played at LSU.

Know it was before Burow and Chase yet believe they can get the inside scoop on him easily.

Love his 89 run blocking grade, but going to trust the teams decision on him since he sounds so attainable.

I mean, Pollack was his OL coach when he signed as a UDFA and reports are both coach and player love each other. I can't think of a better inside source to ask.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:30 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I mean, Pollack was his OL coach when he signed as a UDFA and reports are both coach and player love each other. I can't think of a better inside source to ask.

This is my thought as well. I can see him as stripes, I could also see Miami swooping in and offering a ridiculous contract. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:31 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: This is my thought as well. I can see him as stripes, I could also see Miami swooping in and offering a ridiculous contract. 

Seen a few reports today that the Broncos may be a team willing to offer a day 3 pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:30 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I mean, Pollack was his OL coach when he signed as a UDFA and reports are both coach and player love each other. I can't think of a better inside source to ask.

Like I said, will trust the teams decision. 

If Pollack wanted him and all they are asking is a late round pick ? 

Then would have to think the deal would have already been done.  Yet Pollack and Zac's philosophy on character may differ somewhat. Not going to pretend to know why nobody has pulled the trigger on him still, but the fact is nobody has yet. 

It's puzzling with everybody needing O-line help and obviously he is cheaper to get on current contract then the open market as well.  Head scratcher which means there is a reason, maybe it's just they are asking more than we think though, not sure.

Like his field play and love his run blocking capability. So as a player I'm down, but if Zac is not then I respect that. 

Yet it's well documented that I want that RT to come from FA and not the draft. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Seen a few reports today that the Broncos may be a team willing to offer a day 3 pick.

Probably because that's all they have after the Russell trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why should or why would the Bengals work hard to make that deal?  Because maybe they see themselves as being just "one player away" with the roster shaping up.  And as mentioned over and over, you're electing to "purchase" that 3yr $10M/per contract for a tier 1 player, rather than having to pay $16-$20M for him in an open bidding war.

The Bengals have fixed their worst online issues. They have a RT problem but they can fix it like they did last year. Then draft a OT and hope for the best by 2023. Collins wore out his welcome in Cowboy land, a place known for Jerry Jones’ own questionable conduct. That says something we should listen too about Collins. Bribing someone who handles urine drug test specimens is colorful. Do we need that guy at $10 million? Maybe at $3 million on a one year deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 02:54 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: You do realize its 3 years with no dead cap meaning its basically 3 1 year deals concurrently?

(03-15-2022, 03:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Right, which makes the apparent lack of overall trade interest even weirder.

Just spitballing but I'd bet this is the reason. He has no intention to play on the current deal. He probably wants a new deal. Especially considering what the likes of Ryan Ramcyzk got.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:44 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Like I said, will trust the teams decision. 

If Pollack wanted him and all they are asking is a late round pick ? 

Then would have to think the deal would have already been done.  Yet Pollack and Zac's philosophy on character may differ somewhat. Not going to pretend to now why nobody has pulled the trigger on him still, but the fact is nobody has yet. 

It's puzzling with everybody needing O-line help and obviously he is cheaper to get on current contract then the open market as well.  Head scratcher which means there is a reason, maybe it's just they are asking more than we think though, not sure.

Like his field play and love his run blocking capability. So as a player I'm down, but if Zac is not then I respect that. 

Yet it's well documented that I want that RT to come from FA and not the draft. 

Rumor is the ask went from a 2nd to a 3rd and no one has moved to meet Jerry yet.  March 21 is the day to watch. COllins gets a 6M guarantee at that date if not cut or traded prior.

Dallas FO is a mess right now.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:54 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: The Bengals have fixed their worst online issues. They have a RT problem but they can fix it like they did last year. Then draft a OT and hope for the best by 2023. Collins wore out his welcome in Cowboy land, a place known for Jerry Jones’ own questionable conduct. That says something we should listen too about Collins. Bribing someone who handles urine drug test specimens is colorful. Do we need that guy at $10 million?  Maybe at $3 million on a one year deal.

I agree that he's got character concerns, and that the recent acquisitions by the team reflect a leaning toward the squeaky clean type of player.  Just read my comments in some of the earlier pages of this thread.  However, when I was reading that the Bengals are genuinely interested in the guy, it caused me to look at this situation through a different set of lenses.

Now, in your previous post, you asked why the Bengals should give up a draft pick for him, and I simply explained the logical reason why.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:04 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Rumor is the ask went from a 2nd to a 3rd and no one has moved to meet Jerry yet.  March 21 is the day to watch. COllins gets a 6M guarantee at that date if not cut or traded prior.

Dallas FO is a mess right now.

Yeah, Jerry World is definitely a mess right now...with the latest being the whole Gregory thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:54 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: The Bengals have fixed their worst online issues. They have a RT problem but they can fix it like they did last year. Then draft a OT and hope for the best by 2023. Collins wore out his welcome in Cowboy land, a place known for Jerry Jones’ own questionable conduct. That says something we should listen too about Collins. Bribing someone who handles urine drug test specimens is colorful. Do we need that guy at $10 million?  Maybe at $3 million on a one year deal.

Jerry can get personal beef with players - he did with Cooper and Collins.  These are the 2 off the field closest guys to Dak, so lots of things swirling.

The bribing thing is not nearly as nefarious as you make it sound. The tester wasnt some outside agent. Collins had taken 180 tests and made the comment he would hook the guy up if he ever tested positive or missed another test.  No money ever exchanged hands or anything of that nature. And the test was for weed a couple years ago and is no longer a banned substance.

If we are taking Collins from 10M to 3M for that comment, I assume we are going to remove Mixon's contract and charge him 5M to play for us since he broke a girls face?

Let's not get to pious, it's still just guys playing football.

Everything I have seen is listing this as a money issue more than a personal one and they have a much cheaper option.  Im not doubting the guy may have an attitude or something else we dont know of but the test event isnt an issue whatsoever.  

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just spitballing but I'd bet this is the reason. He has no intention to play on the current deal. He probably wants a new deal. Especially considering what the likes of Ryan Ramcyzk got.

I havent seen any indication of that mentioned anywhere.  Seems Jerry has a core group and after those they are moving anyone that has a decent replacement. Their radio guy said that "Steele is solid but he is no Collins, but Collins makes 19 more than Steel and Steel isnt 19 times worse."

There is no doubt if he is cut the new deal will be much higher...

His son Stephen Jones cant seem to do anything right currently according to the fans.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, Jerry World is definitely a mess right now...with the latest being the whole Gregory thing.

The Broncos are in the mix for Collins, I can see Jones getting pissy and not trading with them over Gregory... LOL

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Certain the Bengals have some good inside sources to find out about his character being he played at LSU.

Do a Google search on him for character research.

NFL’s La’el Collins Innocent? A Simple Way for Accused Dallas Cowboys to Prove It - FanNation Dallas Cowboys News, Analysis and More
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Broncos are in the mix for Collins, I can see Jones getting pissy and not trading with them over Gregory... LOL

Evidently they haven't actually even talked, but supposedly the Broncos are 'considering' it. 

SBNation reported 'no progress' in finding someone to give up a pick and called the lack of interest 'mystifying'.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Evidently they haven't actually even talked, but supposedly the Broncos are 'considering' it.

SBNation reported 'no progress' in finding someone to give up a pick and called the lack of interest 'mystifying'.

Everything I have seen and been told that have definitely reached out. I posted that yesterday or the day before, but they are not offering what Dallas wants if they have submitted any offer.

Cowboys have a decision to make this week. Cut or trade Collins before March 21 or owe him a 6M guarantee (which go away with a trade after 3/21 but is more risky).  Designating him a post June 1 cut/trade saves the Cowboys some money but not the 6M and they have millions more roll over to 2023.

Im trying to find out what Dallas current ask is..

Im also trying to find out if there is something regarding Collins that isnt public yet...

This seems very odd, and would be with most organizations, but the more I info I get, the more I see that the Dallas FO is a complete mess. They simply want 2023 to hurry up and get here with a clean slate and a ton of cap space.

Could be making way for Sean Payton, who knows?

Reply/Quote

We could always ask our old buddy Jeremy Hill about La'el!  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:56 PM)Yogo Wrote: We could always ask our old buddy Jeremy Hill about La'el!  Tongue

I gave him that task already, he dropped the ball....

Reply/Quote