Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-16-2022, 09:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If it's true the Cowboys save more money by waiting 'til June 1 to trade or cut him, I wonder then if they're asking teams to commit to a deal but hold off until after June 1 to make it official and teams are hesitant to do it because of the other tackle options available in FA

Thats not how it works, he can be designated post June 1 well before that date. But he has a salary guarantee over 6M due on March 21st.

Reply/Quote
Patrik Walker in Dallas said the Patriots have kicked around several ideas for compensation that include a possible swap of picks
or a simply giving the Cowboys a pick on Day 2, but the discussions are preliminary and haven't yet been presented.

Looks like Dallas may have been holding out for a higher pick.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Patrik Walker in Dallas said the Patriots have kicked around several ideas for compensation that include a possible swap of picks
or a simply giving the Cowboys a pick on Day 2, but the discussions are preliminary and haven't yet been presented.

Makes a lot of sense for them to do so
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:17 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah I was way off I thought he would get 10M a yr because of most of the other tackles having question marks.  Wonder what Fisher (more of a LT) or Trent Brown end up with?  Daryll Williams is still the top option if they can't/won't get Collins. 

I thought Moses would be very affordable. He is just a solid vet OT which is exactly what we needed.

I wanted him as our fall back or even better Trent Brown (if motivated) or Daryl Williams.

Ideally we trade for more talent like Collins or McGlinchey. Still have options even without Moses.

(03-16-2022, 12:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If that’s the case, that means Watson is likely going there, which I absolutely do not like.

Good player but that is tons to give up for one dude.

(03-16-2022, 01:28 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Berry and Stefansky need to deliver they are worried. Watson is not worth 3 first rounders and more.

Let the Stains give the Texans 3 first rounders lol
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Patrik Walker in Dallas said the Patriots have kicked around several ideas for compensation that include a possible swap of picks

Still would give them our 31st pick honestly. No one has changed my mind on this.

The only reason I wouldn't is if Pollack thinks the dude is uncoachable. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still would give them our 31st pick honestly. No one has changed my mind on this.

The only reason I wouldn't is if Pollack thinks the dude is uncoachable

According to Malik, this isn't the case so go for it
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:15 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: According to Malik, this isn't the case so go for it

Alright. That is all I needed to know. We aren't going to get a better player in this Draft. 

I don't care if we were picking #1 overall, let alone at 31.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Alright. That is all I needed to know. We aren't going to get a better player in this Draft. 

I don't care if we were picking #1 overall, let alone at 31.

I get the idea that Collins is not happy with his contract and would take that dissatisfaction wherever he goes.

If not I agree with you Nate.  This is a top 10 right tackle for an excellent price.  I know they have plans (probably defensive) with the 31st pick, but if that's what it takes just do it.  Or package our second with another pick.  Honestly that still leaves left guard not spoken for.  I realize Spain had a   decent year, but he's the guy that mis-stepped allowing Donald to take down in a second instead of connecting with the Super Bowl winning pass.

Just too big a mistake for a vet.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:48 PM)3wt Wrote: I get the idea that Collins is not happy with his contract and would take that dissatisfaction wherever he goes.

If not I agree with you Nate.  This is a top 10 right tackle for an excellent price.  I know they have plans (probably defensive) with the 31st pick, but if that's what it takes just do it.  Or package our second with another pick.  Honestly that still leaves left guard not spoken for.  I realize Spain had a   decent year, but he's the guy that mis-stepped allowing Donald to take down in a second instead of connecting with the Super Bowl winning pass.

The thing is I like Daryl Williams a lot too but he isn't near the player Collins is either.

Get JC Tretter, have Karras play LG and trade for Collins and this OL is so much better I cannot even mention how much.

If we don't want to give up 31 though I am down with Daryl Williams, he just isn't as good as Collins nor is anyone we can draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 02:48 PM)3wt Wrote: I get the idea that Collins is not happy with his contract and would take that dissatisfaction wherever he goes.

"Collins is not happy with his contract" - literally no one has reported this, but mentioned by Bengals fans only. Even other teams fans are not saying this.  
They do not realize that Collins had his contract, like many others, restructured so they could do Dak's deal. Collins received 20M last year, he has never had an issue with his contract this is just the perfect timing as Dallas has paid all the upfront money.

Our fans on Twitter fans have come up with so many crazy scenarios as to why a deal hasnt been done and it looks like it may had just been Dallas waiting on a higher bidder.  Im not sure the Pats would had dealt their very awesome guard for a 5th just to save 8M is they didnt have a plan in place.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 06:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Bully to you for not having a clue what his name is or being able to spell it. 

I apologize for this.

I was on another board and there was a guy who kept posting Carmen Jackson and it was driving me crazy. My dumb @$$ thought this was another instance of that and I kind of snapped. No excuse anyway. 

I will now accept my 40 lashes. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 03:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: "Collins is not happy with his contract" - literally no one has reported this, but mentioned by Bengals fans only. Even other teams fans are not saying this.  
They do not realize that Collins had his contract, like many others, restructured so they could do Dak's deal. Collins received 20M last year, he has never had an issue with his contract this is just the perfect timing as Dallas has paid all the upfront money.

Our fans on Twitter fans have come up with so many crazy scenarios as to why a deal hasnt been done and it looks like it may had just been Dallas waiting on a higher bidder.  Im not sure the Pats would had dealt their very awesome guard for a 5th just to save 8M is they didnt have a plan in place.

I think some people are worried about a Cordy Glenn scenario playing out.

Well Glenn got to sit on his couch while we played in a SB!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 03:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: "Collins is not happy with his contract" - literally no one has reported this, but mentioned by Bengals fans only. Even other teams fans are not saying this.  

I'm sure La'el Collins isnt happy with his contract situation at the moment because his suspension forfeited all his future guaranteed money.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 04:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm sure La'el Collins isnt happy with his contract situation at the moment because his suspension forfeited all his future guaranteed money.

If he was a Bengal he wouldnt have any guarantee left other than maybe an injury clause...

Reply/Quote
Apparently things are picking up...

Collins is drawing interest from multiple teams, per Patrik Walker, "There are several teams interested in potentially trading for Collins, but nothing is imminent as of yet, although sources tell CBS Sports a frontrunner may have emerged in Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots,"

Reply/Quote
I get the feeling we are gonnna hand Carman the LG spot and re-sign Reiff at RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 04:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm sure La'el Collins isnt happy with his contract situation at the moment because his suspension forfeited all his future guaranteed money.

Randy Gregory balked at his Monday gentlemen’s agreement so he reneged on the deal and is signing with Denver. Reportedly he didn’t like that Collins clause with his deal. That’s what the local Dallas TV is reporting.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 06:13 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Randy Gregory balked at his Monday  gentlemen’s agreement so he reneged on the  deal and is signing with Denver.  Reportedly he didn’t like that Collins clause with his deal.  That’s what the local Dallas TV is reporting.

They added the language after the deal was reached verbally... according Dallas people most players have this language with the notable exception of Dak....

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 06:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They added the language after the deal was reached verbally... according Dallas people most players have this language with the notable exception of Dak....

When I lived in Ohio I liked the Cowboys. When Jerry Jones took over I started to resent his Cowboy arrogance. The more he lost the better. Now that I live in cowboy country it’s great seeing the old drunk piss his team away. Out here I rarely see Cowboy flags on Sunday. I see lots of Texas Tech, Texas, Baylor and SMU. 
Reply/Quote
I know I'm being dramatic but this move is starting to feel like the only way to salvage this early FA period.
Reply/Quote