Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Hearings
(06-29-2022, 12:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump putting his hands on a man with actual power seems pretty hard to believe.  The guy is a bully and blowhard. Him risking getting his ass kicked when no one is looking seems low.

It doesn't fit his actual history of throwing underlings into danger. Really, that notion that he put his hand on a SS agent doesn't jive with the rest of the damning testimony and evidence we've seen.

You disgust me, you Ultra-MAGA Trump supporter!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: I made a joke about the number of Trump defenders who WON'T testify,  You brought up two who said they will in the future.  And you assume they'll defend Trump or somehow disprove what was said yesterday under oath.  I pointed out that one of them already testified.

I didn't assume anything, I posted a news article that literally said that.

Quote:Personally I don't believe Trump would put forth the effort to grab the wheel and it may have been exaggerated.  But I'll wait for further evidence.

So, you're saying this woman lied under oath?  Why would she do that?

Quote:I have zero doubt you will believe whoever attempts to disprove this whether it is under oath or not.  

"goal posts"...lol

Oh, if you think it then the discussion has to be over.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump putting his hands on a man with actual power seems pretty hard to believe.  The guy is a bully and blowhard. Him risking getting his ass kicked when no one is looking seems low.

It doesn't fit his actual history of throwing underlings into danger. Really, that notion that he put his hand on a SS agent doesn't jive with the rest of the damning testimony and evidence we've seen.

I said exactly the same.  But when a narcissist who believes he has complete power and control gets told "no" they can do things outside their nature.

Trump ALWAYS claims fraud/cheating/etc when he loses anything.  By January 6th, when it was obvious that he was done, he may have been angry enough to at least TRY to get physical.  But all we have is testimony under oath and we'll have to see what else is said about it.

Sad thing this isn't even the worst thing about what Trump did to try and steal the election.  

But folks will focus on it because it might be proven wrong.  All the texts, videos, etc of what Trump and his cronies were doing will still be real even if this one story isn't.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You disgust me, you Ultra-MAGA Trump supporter!  Ninja

I just know a chicken shit coward when i see one.  I still wouldn't put it past him to lash out at someone who can't hit him back, but i still think he's be too scared the guy would break protocol and thrash him, even if he regretted it later.  

Trump likely assumes everyones ego control is as low as his.  

Side note how about "trial by combat" Rudy compare a slap in the back to deadly assault.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just know a chicken shit coward when i see one.  I still wouldn't put it past him to lash out at someone who can't hit him back, but i still think he's be too scared the guy would break protocol and thrash him, even if he regretted it later.  

Trump likely assumes everyones ego control is as low as his.  

Side note how about "trial by combat" Rudy compare a slap in the back to deadly assault.

Which raises an interesting question, why would this woman lie under oath if that's the case?  According to many people she was the most damning witness, by far, for Trump.  What does it say about this committee if she's literally lying about this?  What does it say about the media covering it and reporting it as credible?  If she was, indeed, lying then the ramifications of that could be huge.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Which raises an interesting question, why would this woman lie under oath if that's the case?  According to many people she was the most damning witness, by far, for Trump.  What does it say about this committee if she's literally lying about this?  What does it say about the media covering it and reporting it as credible?  If she was, indeed, lying then the ramifications of that could be huge.

What needs to be said?  We are just arguing over which shade of fudged this country is, regardless. 

Maybe this is the glove don't fit ignore everything else moment.  Maybe it doesn't matter.  Mark Furhman was racist so the DNA and motive and evidence doesn't matter, this woman said Trump grabbed a steering wheel so the facts go down the drain with the fluff.

Maybe the SS guys are asking Trump for pardons before they do nothing wrong like so many others.  
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What needs to be said?  We are just arguing over which shade of fudged this country is, regardless. 

Maybe this is the glove don't fit ignore everything else moment.  Maybe it doesn't matter.  Mark Furhman was racist so the DNA and motive and evidence doesn't matter, this woman said Trump grabbed a steering wheel so the facts go down the drain with the fluff.

Maybe the SS guys are asking Trump for pardons before they do nothing wrong like so many others.  

I wish I could argue with any of this.  I was hoping these hearings would damage Trump enough that he wouldn't run in '24.  If this woman is caught lying under oath you are correct, it will invalidate the entire hearing for many, if not most, people.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What needs to be said?  We are just arguing over which shade of fudged this country is, regardless. 

Maybe she was saying what she was told and whoever told her needs to be under oath too?

Quote:Hutchinson said she was told of the altercation in the armored vehicle — dubbed “The Beast” — by former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows' deputy shortly after it happened.

"The president said something to the effect of, 'I'm the effing president, take me up to the Capitol now,'" she said.

It wasn't clear what Trump would have done at the Capitol as a violent mob of his supporters was breaking in. But there were conversations about him “going into the House chamber at one point,” Hutchinson said.

RELATED: Jan 6. takeaways: Panel focuses on Trump's 'playbook'

U.S. Secret Service officials have provided dozens of hours of testimony to the January 6 committee thus far, according to a source close to the agency, CBS reported.

CBS said both Tony Ornato, former White House deputy chief of staff and Bobby Engle, the former U.S. Secret Service special agent in charge, have previously appeared before the Jan. 6 committee, on the record. Those sessions were recorded, but not used in Tuesday's hearing, per a source close to Secret Service.

But again, that's the least of Trump's problems with that testimony.  It's just a nice distraction for people who want to undermine everything they have heard about January 6th and Trump.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I wish I could argue with any of this.  I was hoping these hearings would damage Trump enough that he wouldn't run in '24.  If this woman is caught lying under oath you are correct, it will invalidate the entire hearing for many, if not most, people.

And if his yes men are lying helping cover up the coup attempt it won’t matter. Many conservatives will still not care our democracy almost imploded because of their traitorous party leader
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I wish I could argue with any of this.  I was hoping these hearings would damage Trump enough that he wouldn't run in '24.  If this woman is caught lying under oath you are correct, it will invalidate the entire hearing for many, if not most, people.

Regardless of the damage done to Trump he's going to run in 2024.  He'd need to drop dead to prevent it. He's going to run and win or lose to DeSantis he's going to ask for and get hundreds of millions in donations regardless of what happens or what he promises. 

People are mainline hooked to this guy and he's hooked on the manic energy and worship and cash offerings. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Regardless of the damage done to Trump he's going to run in 2024.  He'd need to drop dead to prevent it. He's going to run and win or lose to DeSantis he's going to ask for and get hundreds of millions in donations regardless of what happens or what he promises. 

People are mainline hooked to this guy and he's hooked on the manic energy and worship and cash offerings. 

Not much I can say other than I hope you're wrong.  As bad as Biden is, and he's effing terrible, I don't think the nation survives another Trump term.  Lefties would lose their shit and far right people would nut up in response.  He literally brings out the worst in people on both sides of the ideological spectrum.  
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: And if his yes men are lying helping cover up the coup attempt it won’t matter. Many conservatives will still not care our democracy almost imploded because of their traitorous party leader

I don't think it "almost imploded", but honestly everything is described in such hyperbolic terms nowadays that the impact of them has become basically nil.
Reply/Quote
https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/29/new-j6-narrative-about-trump-and-secret-service-collapses-hours-after-tuesday-hearing/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=new-j6-narrative-about-trump-and-secret-service-collapses-hours-after-tuesday-hearing

Hours later, another pillar of Hutchinson’s testimony fell apart when a spokesman for Former White House lawyer Eric Herschmann told ABC News a handwritten note for which Hutchinson claimed authorship was actually written by Herschmann.

The note, displayed by Cheney as an exhibit, included a statement for the president to read as the riot unfolded on Capitol Hill.

“The handwritten note that Cassidy Hutchinson testified was written by her was in fact written by Eric Herschmann on January 6, 2021,” a spokesperson for Herschmann told ABC News Tuesday night. “All sources with direct knowledge and law enforcement have and will confirm that it was written by Mr. Herschmann.”

Dear god, with all the time they had to organize this committee, how did they screw up so badly?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/29/new-j6-narrative-about-trump-and-secret-service-collapses-hours-after-tuesday-hearing/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=new-j6-narrative-about-trump-and-secret-service-collapses-hours-after-tuesday-hearing

Hours later, another pillar of Hutchinson’s testimony fell apart when a spokesman for Former White House lawyer Eric Herschmann told ABC News a handwritten note for which Hutchinson claimed authorship was actually written by Herschmann.

The note, displayed by Cheney as an exhibit, included a statement for the president to read as the riot unfolded on Capitol Hill.

“The handwritten note that Cassidy Hutchinson testified was written by her was in fact written by Eric Herschmann on January 6, 2021,” a spokesperson for Herschmann told ABC News Tuesday night. “All sources with direct knowledge and law enforcement have and will confirm that it was written by Mr. Herschmann.”

Dear god, with all the time they had to organize this committee, how did they screw up so badly?

It's the same as their Russian Collusion BS. They thought it they told the lie often enough, people would believe it. Some did. But if someone really fell for the President grabbing a steering wheel from where he sits in the back of the Beast, they really need to work on their gullibility level. Just like the collusion lies, this is all orchestrated lies. From the minute they, for the first time in history, did not let the minority party pick their committee members, and from the moment they put Pelosi, who is in charge of Capital Security, off limits for questioning, any rational person would know this was a sham production. But like always, the truth eeks out. 
Reply/Quote
Crybaby caucus strikes again.

Distract, divert, lather, rinse, repeat.

No comment on knowing people were armed but wasn't concerned for HIS safety?
Still sent the crowd down to the capitol knowing they were armed?
"Let's have trial by combat"?

Silence.

B-b-but, procedure!

LOL
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/29/new-j6-narrative-about-trump-and-secret-service-collapses-hours-after-tuesday-hearing/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=new-j6-narrative-about-trump-and-secret-service-collapses-hours-after-tuesday-hearing

What if the lawyer and the assistant both wrote down the message Meadows was verbalizing? I mean two concerned individuals getting a message from the chief of staff to the guy leading a coup attempt. I don’t think that’s very hard to believe. Not one person with a pen and paper. But two. A lawyer writing something down and an assistant writing something down. OMG Totally mind boggling. And not the normal attack on a witness going against scumbag traitor trump. But plausible.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dear god, with all the time they had to organize this committee, how did they screw up so badly?

This appears to be a fair question. If she did not write it, it would be a rather stupid perjury, and the handwriting she claimed was hers was too distinct to be mistaken really. Though I want to hold out my verdict a little until it's actually evident she did not write this note. 

Generally, I did not understand why they mentioned this note to begin with. And I don't care about the vehicle incident either, it seemed like hearsay and it's something they could have just left out as well. Or that Trump often threw plates and whatnot. And imho it's a shame. There was quite some other stuff in there, often apparently corroberated, that Trump wanted the protesters, knowing who they were, to keep their weapons for they were "not coming after him" and mentioned that Mike Pence deserved to be hung. Which imho speaks to recklessness or even intent. Now folks talk about Trump's behaviour in a vehicle. Which imho is a screw-up on its own.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's the same as their Russian Collusion BS. They thought it they told the lie often enough, people would believe it. Some did.

OK I will make this my life's mission. To find anyone who uses words like Russia BS and Russia lie to answer me one question. What if John Podesta were deeply in debt to a Russian oligarch, would have worked for Hillary for free despite that, and then would have given private briefings to said Russian oligarch, oh and he's also a convicted money launderer now that president Hlllary had pardoned. Would you just say BS to that in this case as well, and would you have told other conservatives to stop falling for this BS and that this is a nothingburger? It's a yes or no question really that I never get an answer to. 

Which is a shame, for my follow up would have been what if the Trump campaign got hacked by foreign actors and someone from team Hillary then had coordinated the release of the hacked material with state enemy Assange. Would have been fine by you? 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's the same as their Russian Collusion BS. They thought it they told the lie often enough, people would believe it. Some did. But if someone really fell for the President grabbing a steering wheel from where he sits in the back of the Beast, they really need to work on their gullibility level. Just like the collusion lies, this is all orchestrated lies. From the minute they, for the first time in history, did not let the minority party pick their committee members, and from the moment they put Pelosi, who is in charge of Capital Security, off limits for questioning, any rational person would know this was a sham production. But like always, the truth eeks out. 

It just strikes me as a major unforced error, one that is easily disputed by third parties.

(06-29-2022, 05:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What if the lawyer and the assistant both wrote down the message Meadows was verbalizing? I mean two concerned individuals getting a message from the chief of staff to the guy leading a coup attempt. I don’t think that’s very hard to believe. Not one person with a pen and paper. But two. A lawyer writing something down and an assistant writing something down. OMG Totally mind boggling. And not the normal attack on a witness going against scumbag traitor trump. But plausible.

Possibly.  However, this coupled with the direct refutation of her sworn testimony by the Secret Service doesn't lead me in that direction.  As they say in the legal profession; Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:15 PM)hollodero Wrote: This appears to be a fair question. If she did not write it, it would be a rather stupid perjury, and the handwriting she claimed was hers was too distinct to be mistaken really. Though I want to hold out my verdict a little until it's actually evident she did not write this note. 

Generally, I did not understand why they mentioned this note to begin with. And I don't care about the vehicle incident either, it seemed like hearsay and it's something they could have just left out as well. Or that Trump often threw plates and whatnot. And imho it's a shame. There was quite some other stuff in there, often apparently corroberated, that Trump wanted the protesters, knowing who they were, to keep their weapons for they were "not coming after him" and mentioned that Mike Pence deserved to be hung. Which imho speaks to recklessness or even intent. Now folks talk about Trump's behaviour in a vehicle. Which imho is a screw-up on its own.

It routinely amazes me that you get these distinctions when so, so many people here do not.  Pointing out these issues is either met with, a. You're a disgusting Trump supporter! or, b. This whole thing is a hoax and this is proof.  
Reply/Quote