Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(09-11-2022, 04:17 PM)bengals67 Wrote: My thought- burrow and starting o line did not play in pre season. They look like an o line that has never played together.

Well, um, they haven’t...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:17 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't. The run game has been just as ineffective as last year and the line has been getting walloped in pass protection. Primarily Volson. I wasn't very optimistic about him, and there is still time for him to improve but he has looked pitiful, honestly. 

They had 1 big run that helped stats. Before that Mixon was rushing for like 3 ypc.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:18 PM)Housh Wrote: To me Mitchell has played a solid game

I don’t see him giving it to us on anything but a tip drill INT that a Wr drops

He knows himself and knows all he has to do is not turn it over

Yeah, but he will.  The guy is a 1st QB off the board bust for a reason...right?
Reply/Quote
Burrow is going to have to throw the damn ball. The are not going to get much on the Squealer run defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They had 1 big run that helped stats. Before that Mixon was rushing for like 3 ypc.

He still is. He is at 3.6 YPC. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Baker Mayfield's day of revenge looks a little underwhelming thus far.

His OL is almost as bad as the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:19 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Burrow is going to have to throw the damn ball. The are not going to get much on the Squealer run defense.

Can’t throw a lot with the D line in your grill
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:11 PM)Destro Wrote: More so than dirty. They bring foreign objects onto the field and hit the Bengals with them. The media calls it hard nosed, old school football. 

I...get it. My meaning was along those lines...LOL...
Reply/Quote
Would’ve been nice if there was someone there to pick that up and go the other way with it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:17 PM)M.W. Wrote: ...... I think I did once.. PLayoffs last season.
He should consider doing it farrrrrrrrr more often.

hes gotta get smarter a bout that. hes hurting his team
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What ***** game are you watching?

Dude has had time

Last year the line was collapsing onto him every play

He’s had horrible pocket presence today
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Was he in bounds when the ball came out?
Reply/Quote
He can't recover the ball from out of bounds?
Reply/Quote
ZT needs to get more creative and less predictable on O.

Would like to see Evans more on passing downs. Particularly with Tee out. Though Thomas has contributed.
Reply/Quote
Win or lose...keep your eye on the prize.

We have better social media presence than the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:21 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude has had time

Last year the line was collapsing onto him every play

He’s had horrible pocket presence today

Are you insane? Lol. This line is playing worst than last year..
Reply/Quote
Big play here Come on, D.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Some of these sacks have been on Burrow but Jesus it doesn’t look all that much better than last year really does it considering the money spent.

Time to start asking questions about Pollack?

I am not too worried yet. First real game together against a VERY good pass rush.  I suspect next week will be a lot better.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:17 PM)M.W. Wrote: ...... I think I did once.. PLayoffs last season.
He should consider doing it farrrrrrrrr more often.

He’s costing us valuable yardage we have to make up.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 04:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: ZT needs to get more creative and less predictable on O.

Would like to see Evans more on passing downs. Particularly with Tee out. Though Thomas has contributed.

Yes. I expect to see that creativity soon:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> are 1-25 when trailing after 3Q under Zac Taylor</p>&mdash; Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1569041379015245824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote