Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Uh oh Joe Mixon
(03-30-2023, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You don't think he should do it Later

Isn't this a "Dad Joke Free Zone?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: leonardo-dicaprio-leo-dicaprio.gif]

Rudi probably beats Mixon for me.

I’m throwing Benson’s (RIP) name in the chat since he’s underrated in the Jungle. Mixon is closer to a debate between him then Rudi who beats Mixon handedly for me too. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Katie's response pretty much spoke volume to the situation. Honestly, look at Jonah Williams as an example. Last year the coaches and FO spoke highly of Jonah and made it sound like he was the long term LT. Combine rolls around and Jonah isn't exactly getting an endorsements from anyone. 

Katie could've easily said Mixon is the guy and the whole situation is over. Her response pretty much guaranteed that it's going to be a pay cut or cut in general for Mixon. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 11:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Katie's response pretty much spoke volume to the situation. Honestly, look at Jonah Williams as an example. Last year the coaches and FO spoke highly of Jonah and made it sound like he was the long term LT. Combine rolls around and Jonah isn't exactly getting an endorsements from anyone. 

Katie could've easily said Mixon is the guy and the whole situation is over. Her response pretty much guaranteed that it's going to be a pay cut or cut in general for Mixon. 

Or we're reading too much into it. I tend to agree with your assessment though. But, there's a chance that she doesn't know. I know when the Bengals win the board assumes she's gm and all. But, maybe she's not involved in that side.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 11:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Or we're reading too much into it. I tend to agree with your assessment though. But, there's a chance that she doesn't know. I know when the Bengals win the board assumes she's gm and all. But, maybe she's not involved in that side.

I think it's kind of a collective between Katie, Duke, Troy, and probably others.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 10:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m throwing Benson’s (RIP) name in the chat since he’s underrated in the Jungle. Mixon is closer to a debate between him then Rudi who beats Mixon handedly for me too. 

Big Ced was a solid RB for the Bengals and will never forget the day Troy Polamalu tried to take Benson on mano a mano trying to tackle him head on. 

Polamalu lost big time and if concussion protocol was around then he would have missed the rest of the season probably. 

After getting trucked by Benson on the Bengals side of the field, he stood and tried to shake the cobwebs from his head. Then made an attempt to run rubber legged to the steelers sideline only to run 10 yards sideways before collapsing.  It was a brutal collision that Benson hands down won and hopefully caused no long term damage for his foolish mistake.  

He was a great FA signing for the Bengals. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 12:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think it's kind of a collective between Katie, Duke, Troy, and probably others.

We think that, but we don't know.

When the Bengals win, people assume Katie is in charge. When they lose, it's MB.

Tobin is likely the GM and making the calls.

There aren't many other NFL Teams where the owner knows all aspects of personnel. Although Katie has negotiated the contracts for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 09:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We think that, but we don't know.

When the Bengals win, people assume Katie is in charge. When they lose, it's MB.

Tobin is likely the GM and making the calls.

There aren't many other NFL Teams where the owner knows all aspects of personnel. Although Katie has negotiated the contracts for a long time.

We don't know, but we do know Duke and MB were in charge when the team was run very frugally and made a lot of bad early draft pics as well. 

Believe all the evidence points to Katie having a much bigger role in everything with Zac having a great deal of input. Yet you're right, nobody really knows for sure. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 09:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I have no sources or connections. And you are absolutely right they are tight lipped and give out no information. But I’ll take a break from here now.

Some people have commented already, so I'll keep this short. The way you try to say things does not align with this statement. From saying things like "I haven't spoken to Samaje's camp today" to "Burrow and company have been to the table twice now" along with a million other things you have claimed, it really comes across as if you're trying to lead people to believe that you have inside information. If you don't, it would probably benefit you to approach that a different way. 
Reply/Quote
The one thing with Joe Mixon is that Zac has changed the culture around here for the good with the players he has brought onto the team. Plus they're winning.

Just not sure the Bengals are ready to go on the road and see the "don't shoot its only a nerf gun" signs. The story is not a big thing now but in the season it could resurface quickly. Know it was his house guest who fired the shots but Joe was present on his own property and did nothing to stop this act and fled afterwards without notifying the police and is somewhat complicit imho. At the very least is guilty of horrid judgement by allowing an armed criminal to stay at his house.

Maybe the kid did something to provoke this even though prosecutors say differently, not positive. But the vicious punching a college girl, waving a gun at woman in another altercation while saying she should be shot in the face and stating the cops can't touch him, and now this nerf gun debacle weigh heavily upon him and could become a team distraction.

Couple all this with his porous blocking and not sure the upside of his running is worth the headache at this point. Believe he needs a fresh start as bad as the Bengals need to move on from him actually for multiple reasons.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 09:58 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Some people have commented already, so I'll keep this short. The way you try to say things does not align with this statement. From saying things like "I haven't spoken to Samaje's camp today" to "Burrow and company have been to the table twice now" along with a million other things you have claimed, it really comes across as if you're trying to lead people to believe that you have inside information. If you don't, it would probably benefit you to approach that a different way. 

My comments were in a direct response to your comments. Please don’t respond. I’d like to be finished in this conversation.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Still believe this comes down to the draft for Katie to figure out the “jigsaw puzzle” she alludes to. They sign a stud RB, Mixon is going to have to take a hefty pay cut. They’ll force his hand. Either he does or Duke and Zac tell him…”sorry Joe, we just can’t afford you”.

I do believe the statement about Mixon having more productive years ahead of him is more of a nod to get some trade interest.

Either way, pay cut, trade, or out right release, this is not going to be status quo for Mixon. Whether he’s in the same league as Benson, Rudi, etc…I’d rank Mixon pretty far down that list. I like him…he’s streaky, though. He’ll have one good game and then disappear for the next 3 games.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 09:58 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Some people have commented already, so I'll keep this short. The way you try to say things does not align with this statement. From saying things like "I haven't spoken to Samaje's camp today" to "Burrow and company have been to the table twice now" along with a million other things you have claimed, it really comes across as if you're trying to lead people to believe that you have inside information. If you don't, it would probably benefit you to approach that a different way. 

My comments were in a direct response to your comments. Please don’t respond. I’d like to be finished in this conversation.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Given the numbers to get Burrow, Wilson and Higgins extended, would you keep a declining Mixon for a cap hit of $25 million over next two seasons? There’s no way he stays. Katie is in charge of the Bengals these days. The changes in how the team functions shows Mike Brown is emeritus. Her statement about Joe was as noncommittal to Joe as she could be.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 11:22 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: Given the numbers to get Burrow, Wilson and Higgins extended, would you keep a declining Mixon for a cap hit of $25 million over next two seasons? There’s no way he stays. Katie is in charge of the Bengals these days. The changes in how the team functions shows Mike Brown is emeritus. Her statement about Joe was as noncommittal to Joe as she could be.

I saw her comments as an all but declaration that we are either cutting it asking him to take less
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 09:57 AM)Go Cards Wrote: We don't know, but we do know Duke and MB were in charge when the team was run very frugally and made a lot of bad early draft pics as well. 

Believe all the evidence points to Katie having a much bigger role in everything with Zac having a great deal of input. Yet you're right, nobody really knows for sure. 

It does. I also think the Burrow factor is HUGE. When they Bengals made the playoffs 5 years in a row, they had weaknesses and wouldn't spend to address them.

They're going all in with Burrow.

As far as Katie, she's probably smart enough to know that she's not the one that should make personnel decisions. That's something that the worst owners can't do. For an owner, being willing to write the checks to get the players that your personnel people want is a big factor in success.

I'm sure Tobin wanted to sign better free agents for years. But, he may have been under a salary restriction.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 09:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Big Ced was a solid RB for the Bengals and will never forget the day Troy Polamalu tried to take Benson on mano a mano trying to tackle him head on. 

Polamalu lost big time and if concussion protocol was around then he would have missed the rest of the season probably. 

After getting trucked by Benson on the Bengals side of the field, he stood and tried to shake the cobwebs from his head. Then made an attempt to run rubber legged to the steelers sideline only to run 10 yards sideways before collapsing.  It was a brutal collision that Benson hands down won and hopefully caused no long term damage for his foolish mistake.  

He was a great FA signing for the Bengals. 

Yep... But Rudi also trucked Ray Lewis at the goal line once.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 11:36 AM)Housh Wrote: I saw her comments as an all but declaration that we are either cutting it asking him to take less

It will be Mixon's decision, I am sure, take the restructured contract or take the cut. I think he restructures lol
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 01:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It will be Mixon's decision, I am sure, take the restructured contract or take the cut. I think he restructures lol

Agree. It will be up to him. He may think..”hey, the last year or so have been a nightmare for me in Cincinnati. Might be time to move on.” May be the proverbial “change of scenery” is exactly what he needs.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 01:20 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Agree.  It will be up to him.  He may think..”hey, the last year or so have been a nightmare for me in Cincinnati.  Might be time to move on.”  May be the proverbial “change of scenery” is exactly what he needs.

Yep, we will see what he decides, the Bengals FO has his back though if he wants to restructure and stick around.

We will be adding at least one RB in this Draft though, he ought to know that and he better work on his pass pro.
Reply/Quote