Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
The Mahomes Vs. Burrow Debate
(06-28-2023, 02:40 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: clayton-bigsby-saying-that-s-racist-e7li...780uuw.gif]

Lol, that's Jason Williams, another point guard's nickname. His highlights are amazing.

Honestly, right now, the Bengals are more Sacramento Kings or Portland Trailblazers than they are Celtics or Lakers.... They're young, though... give them time!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 03:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Oh, for me it's Larry Bird, hands down. Just the toughness and competitiveness combined with that cocky attitude.  Both willing to do whatever it takes to win and always wanting the ball in their hands in the clutch.  

(06-28-2023, 05:00 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Larry Bird?

Why restrict Burrow to Bird??? When the toughest and competitiveness combined with a cocky attitude and do whatever takes to win always waning the ball in his hands in the clutch is Michael Jordan!!! 

For me it's not just attitude but how John Stockton played the position. Stockton is the NBA's greatest distributor of the basketball. No one even comes close to in assists and steals. He could see the court and understood the game and what was happening better than anyone else. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Why restrict Burrow to Bird??? When the toughest and competitiveness combined with a cocky attitude and do whatever takes to win always waning the ball in his hands in the clutch is Michael Jordan!!! 

[Image: joe-burrow-cigar.gif]

[Image: 20200519-jordan.jpg]

Jordan is the goat, but he was an A+++ athlete, which Joe isn't.  Bird made it happen with skill and his unreal court awareness.  Bird also distanced himself from his competitors, while Jordan always tried to cozy up to them to make them think they were friends to take the edge off their game.  And the Bird trash talk stories are legendary.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 09:56 AM)Whatever Wrote: Jordan is the goat, but he was an A+++ athlete, which Joe isn't.  Bird made it happen with skill and his unreal court awareness.  Bird also distanced himself from his competitors, while Jordan always tried to cozy up to them to make them think they were friends to take the edge off their game.  And the Bird trash talk stories are legendary.

Meh, it is debatablee that Jordan is the goat, personally I think it is Wilt Chamberlain as the NBA made rules against Wilt to make the rest of the league compete against him, similarly, the NBA made rules for Jordan and against teams like the Pistons initiating flagrant fouls and sissy policies. The Lakers, Celtics and Pistons were all physical teams.

I think both Jordan and Bird were legendary trash talkers. 

That said I prefer equating Burrow with Jordan.  I think Burrow is an outstanding athlete aka two sports as Jordan with baseball, "cough, cough". 

[Image: michael-jordan-cover.jpg]

[Image: joe-burrow-3.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nobody a bigger fan of Larry Bird than me but GOAT? White guy maybe. Jordan is the GOAT. Titles, clutch, great on both offense and defense. Wilt ? Oh he was arguably one of if not the best center. But Burrow shouldn’t be in this discussion.
Jordan on Bird speaking about him in his top 5 all time. “ “I tell them, ‘You guys don’t get it. Larry is far better than any small forward who played the game, and to be honest, I’m still not sure if he is a small forward or a power forward”
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 12:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nobody a bigger fan of Larry Bird than me but GOAT? White guy maybe. Jordan is the GOAT. Titles, clutch, great on both offense and defense. Wilt ? Oh he was arguably one of if not the best center. But Burrow shouldn’t be in this discussion.
Jordan on Bird speaking about him in his top 5 all time. “ “I tell them, ‘You guys don’t get it. Larry is far better than any small forward who played the game, and to be honest, I’m still not sure if he is a small forward or a power forward”

Yep... Somehow after all these years Larry Bird is underrated. And vasvof now Burrow is neither Jordan nor Bird.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 02:30 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: ZEKE!!!! >> Stockton

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLwt9emN67xVC0yG8Wnfh...g&usqp=CAU]

Mike also said Joe Dumars was the best Defensive player he played against, said Stockton was the dirtiest.

[Image: joe-burrow-cigar.gif]

[Image: 20200519-jordan.jpg]

Be like Mike lol
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 10:58 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Meh, it is debatablee that Jordan is the goat, personally I think it is Wilt Chamberlain as the NBA made rules against Wilt to make the rest of the league compete against him, similarly, the NBA made rules for Jordan and against teams like the Pistons initiating flagrant fouls and sissy policies. The Lakers, Celtics and Pistons were all physical teams.

That said I prefer equating Burrow with Jordan.  I think Burrow is an outstanding athlete aka two sports as Jordan with baseball, "cough, cough". 

I have heard some argue that Oscar Robertson was the GOAT as well. He could do it all.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 10:58 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Meh, it is debatablee that Jordan is the goat, personally I think it is Wilt Chamberlain as the NBA made rules against Wilt to make the rest of the league compete against him, similarly, the NBA made rules for Jordan and against teams like the Pistons initiating flagrant fouls and sissy policies. The Lakers, Celtics and Pistons were all physical teams.

The basketball thing is an interesting debate.

I think Bill Russell would be reduced to a role player off the bench in today's NBA. Wilt, on the other hand, would translate to a top tier guy into any era in league history.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 02:44 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The basketball thing is an interesting debate.

I think Bill Russell would be reduced to a role player off the bench in today's NBA. Wilt, on the other hand, would translate to a top tier guy into any era in league history.

Wilt could shoot jump shots, he wasn't like Shaq, for sure Wilt would thrive in any era because of this fact and he was 7'1".

Dude scored 100 points in an NBA game, still is just crazy to think about.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2023, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, the Super Bowl victories will come for Burrow I am sure of it. Starting in February of 2024....

Mahomes is damn good, but I like Burrow better on and off the field and feel Burrow is a better leader and has even more of a killer 
instinct. Love Burrow's accuracy throwing out of the pocket and his timing, I feel he does this better than any QB. All of his other assets
are just toppers, smarts #1, his leadership, his pocket awareness, his underrated athleticism and his touch are all of immense quality.

Competitiveness is also second to none. He wants to be the best at everything he does. It is why he doesn't play Golf, he said it himself, 
he would have to dedicate all his time to be the best there and that takes time away from football. No sir. I bet after football Joe will be a
great golfer, wouldn't surprise me. Actually, would surprise me if he wasn't a top golfer after football.

Burrow definitely took over a tougher scenario than Mahomes as well.  They were already a playoff team before he started for them.  Not so much when Joe was drafted here.
Reply/Quote
Battle lines being drawn lol

https://bleacherreport.com/videos/452449-draymond-drags-mahomes-kelce

KC then seemed so triggered by the Bengals seems everyone know which buttons to push

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
As to the JB NBA comparison. The dude is Tim Duncan. "The Big Fundemental".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I personally have Lebron as the GOAT at this point. I think his longevity is becoming too hard to ignore. I think when it is all said and done, MJ will be recognized as having the highest peak but Lebron will be recognized as the GOAT. Especially if he keeps dropping 30-ish PPG into his 40's. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 10:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I personally have Lebron as the GOAT at this point. I think his longevity is becoming too hard to ignore. I think when it is all said and done, MJ will be recognized as having the highest peak but Lebron will be recognized as the GOAT. Especially if he keeps dropping 30-ish PPG into his 40's. 

I'd say LeBron has had the better career. Jordan was a greater player. It is amazing that LeBron hasn't really slowed down at all, but also keep in mind that points are cheaper in today's NBA.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 01:04 PM)jason Wrote: I'd say LeBron has had the better career. Jordan was a greater player. It is amazing that LeBron hasn't really slowed down at all, but also keep in mind that points are cheaper in today's NBA.

Not a huge NBA fan so it isn't a topic I am super passionate about, but by what measure other than playing longer by not retiring twice? Jordan has more scoring titles, more All-Defensives, more rings, and more MVPs, in 5 (essentially 6) less years. If you are better at scoring, better at defense, and better at winning, how could you not have had a better career?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 01:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not a huge NBA fan so it isn't a topic I am super passionate about, but by what measure other than playing longer by not retiring twice? Jordan has more scoring titles, more All-Defensives, more rings, and more MVPs, in 5 (essentially 6) less years. If you are better at scoring, better at defense, and better at winning, how could you not have had a better career?

I've never felt Lebron was all that close to Michael and i hate Michael. Lebron was/is a lot of hype, was/is bigger than most and played in a much softer era. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I would rate steph closer to mike than lebron. Both changed the way the game is played.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 05:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Burrow definitely took over a tougher scenario than Mahomes as well.  They were already a playoff team before he started for them.  Not so much when Joe was drafted here.

For sure, Taylor and Lou got handed Marv's dregs and of course couldn't do anything with it. The trenches on both sides were terrible.

Way tougher road to start out a career here than in Kansas City with Andy Reid.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 10:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I personally have Lebron as the GOAT at this point. I think his longevity is becoming too hard to ignore. I think when it is all said and done, MJ will be recognized as having the highest peak but Lebron will be recognized as the GOAT. Especially if he keeps dropping 30-ish PPG into his 40's. 

No way is Lebron the GOAT. Yes, I hate the dude, but he's nowhere near the defensive player MJ was. MJ is clearly remembered for his scoring prowess but as someone who used to watch and root against him all the time, he was a great defender as well. Lebron is only a good defender if you considering flopping to be a legitimate defense.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote