Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds July 2023 thread
Going to the game on Thursday. May stroll to the outfield seats when CES bats. Would love to get his first homerun ball. Would take a signed bat for it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
YEY! They didn't lose..yet anyway.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That was some tightropin' but Sims got it done. I thought for sure that they were going to give up runs in that situation.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Very stupid Elly.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Should have won in 9 if not for Elly's stupidity.
Reply/Quote
Meh . . . Yeah, it sucks, but it's a valuable learning opportunity.

Situational awareness.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Might not want to throw an elevated pitch to Flores. Weaver gets hurt and leaves the game shortly after.
Reply/Quote
How in the world is Weaver still in this rotation?

17 starts
78.2 innings (4.2 innings per start)
7.22 ERA

Literally picking up a random non-40 man guy from someone's AAA has to provide equal or better results.

I would like to know what deal he made with the devil to not only still be in a MLB rotation, but somehow have a 7.22 ERA and only 2 losses as he will get a no decision again despite 2.2 innings/4er.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We’ll take it. :lol:

Reply/Quote
CES HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 11:19 PM)cinci4life Wrote: CES HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off balance . . . reaching for it . . . upper deck. Yep, he has power.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Way to blow this game Santillan. SMFH
Reply/Quote
India just had to hit into a dp.
Reply/Quote
Votto joins some elite company.

Reply/Quote
Score 10 and still lose. Unreal.
Reply/Quote
Sucks to waste a game where the bats finally came alive.

Reply/Quote
The Brewers beating them up has gotten to them. Just seem out of sorts and out of rythm. Need a series against a team they can stomp on and get back into the groove of winning.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 10:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How in the world is Weaver still in this rotation?

17 starts
78.2 innings (4.2 innings per start)
7.22 ERA

Literally picking up a random non-40 man guy from someone's AAA has to provide equal or better results.

I would like to know what deal he made with the devil to not only still be in a MLB rotation, but somehow have a 7.22 ERA and only 2 losses as he will get a no decision again despite 2.2 innings/4er.

It's just unbelievable that guy is still pitching. But evidently the fairy dust is finally gone, we didn't win even though he gave up a butt ton of runs in the first 3 innings. Perhaps this will trip the scales and they'll finally move on?
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2023, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sucks to waste a game where the bats finally came alive.

Yup ThumbsUp

1-7 over the last 8 and six loses in a row. And it puts a little extra suckage on it scoring 10 and still hanging up an L.

Perhaps Ashcraft can stop the bleeding tonight?
Reply/Quote
Without pitching this team isn't sustainable for the season. Nobody can count on 12 runs every game. Perhaps next season or later this season pitching will be there, but for now..iffy at best. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote