Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Cardinals***
(10-08-2023, 06:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You just cant blame the line. They’re blitzing, we all know it, Joe doesn’t check off at the line and then holds the ball too long. It’s just bad football.

That wasn't a blitz snd it was like 2 seconds. That's not holding the ball
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The offensive line is noxious garbage.  Their pass protection is shit and their run blocking is diarrhea.

We call that the Frank-furter special!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You just cant blame the line. They’re blitzing, we all know it, Joe doesn’t check off at the line and then holds the ball too long. It’s just bad football.

Everyone but Taylor and Burrow knows. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:36 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Meh, not really.  It's one yard.  Get one yard.  We need to be better.

Yeah we have to be able to run it in from the 1 consecutive times, it's an Achilles heel for us, even those same 3rd and shorts we have to pass lol
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:37 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Mixon DID NOT pick up the blitz.  Part of the problem is the RB do not pick up the blitz.  Mixon sucks on the blitz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly,. Last season we had Perine back there and he would pick it up. This season none of the backs have any pass protection chops. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: Pollack game planning another great game again for the OL, let's extend him asap before someone else snags him up!!!!!

It is on the damn RB not staying and picking up the blitz. That’s their first read and not go out for the pass. Mixon NEVER stays and blocks.

Reply/Quote
Yeah sub par O line play and a QB holding the ball too long equals lots of pressure/sacks. Burrow is still off his game a little. Some errant passes and no feel for the pocket or when to scramble or throw it away.

He is struggling with things that have always been his strengths.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Wrong. It was neither a slant nor a stunt - it was a delay right over Karras spot. They've done that a few times and we need to keep the RB in to pick it up. 

Joe why are you always wrong on these?  The rusher came from the far outside and stunted right to Volson.  Please dont make me post pics again.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly,. Last season we had Perine back there and he would pick it up. This season none of the backs have any pass protection chops. 

Perine leaving was a huge loss
Reply/Quote
No idea what to think of that half.

Moments Burrow looks back then the next he’s making dodgy throws.

Moments where the defence looks unstoppable and then other times they cut through us at will don’t want to see Connor back in the 2nd half.

Would like to see Pollack tied to a rocket and fired to Mars he can take Volson with him incase he gets hungry.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: They are having problems with delay blitzes over center. Hopefully they adjust in the second half by keeping the back in to pick up the blitzes.

It's been happening all year.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:38 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is on the damn RB not staying and picking up the blitz.  That’s their first read and not go out for the pass.  Mixon NEVER stays and blocks.  

That might be by play design because they say he can't block very well.
Reply/Quote
Reason I Hate 4:00 Games #1252

If I forget to start the oven in the second quarter, I won't have dinner at halftime and will have to wait until after 7:00 to eat.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Joe why are you always wrong on these?  The rusher came from the far outside and stunted right to Volson.  Please dont make me post pics again.

It is still the RB job to stay and chip on the block. That’s their read. It doesn’t matter if the blitz is on the inside our outside. Their job is to stay and block.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:37 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Mixon DID NOT pick up the blitz. Part of the problem is the RB do not pick up the blitz. Mixon sucks on the blitz

(10-08-2023, 06:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly,. Last season we had Perine back there and he would pick it up. This season none of the backs have any pass protection chops. 

Mixon bled out right before the rusher turned inside.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:39 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: He is struggling with things that have always been his strengths.

No argument here; Joe is obviously in better health this week. I don’t expect him to completely recover overnight.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That might be by play design because they say he can't block very well.

Then sit his ass on third down. He is a liability and the reason why we cannot convert on third down when they blitz

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's been happening all year.

Exactly. Last year and before we always had a RB who knew how to pass protect. This year none of them do. In fact remember against the Rams we actually started putting Sample in at "RB" so someone would pick things up. Why aren't we doing that again? 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:38 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is on the damn RB not staying and picking up the blitz.  That’s their first read and not go out for the pass.  Mixon NEVER stays and blocks.  

Do some of you watch the game? It was literally just the DE looping back in on a stunt. Mixon is not staying because they only did a 4 man rush and 5 blockers should be able to pick it up. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:41 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is still the RB job to stay and chip on the block.  That’s their read.  It doesn’t matter if the blitz is on the inside our outside.  Their job is to stay and block.  

It was a 4 man rush.  He left before the outside rusher stunted into the hole.  There was no one there for his to block.

Reply/Quote