Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
(03-19-2024, 05:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Until he gets hurt most likely from Trent's history. This is why we still need to draft an OT early. I am just scared of Mims and Guyton.

Fuaga or Latham should be the pick, but if they are not there go BPA and I do like Kingsley the OT out of BYU in the 2nd round.

totally concur. on your scenario also competition is good... plus i sure hope we are drafting later in the 1st round in 2025, so take advantage of good depth at RT and a nice position , instead of maybe having to give up draft capital to move up in 2025/2026
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good point, the Trent Brown move made me much less scared of us picking Mims now.
With the right coaching Mims will be a beast.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 05:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't think they miss because they are the Bengals. I think they overthink it or try to outsmart the room.

The Ravens traded their starting RT for draft picks. I can see them jumping Cincinnati & taking the guy the Bengals are eying. Hey, at least the off-seasons are interesting if you're a Bengals fan. Some of these other teams are just disasters.

Ravens would have to jump a lot to get in front of us. But they may. 

Or my wish we trade up to 12th with Denver and get a top 12 pick, whomever the FO covets.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I’m glad one glaring weakness is covered up before the draft. It doesn’t mean they have to reach for RT first round if one isn’t there. Hopefully if that does happen, another premium position is available and land a corner or an edge. I’d be pretty happy with that outcome
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 05:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ravens would have to jump a lot to get in front of us. But they may. 

Or my wish we trade up to 12th with Denver and get a top 12 pick, whomever the FO covets.

Higgins & the Bengals 2nd for Denver's 12? Denver has no money for Higgins and probably values the cheap contract of a 1st rounder. But maybe somebody will make a deal?

This draft could get Spicy. I think the Bengals are going to do some out of character things.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 06:02 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Higgins & the Bengals 2nd for Denver's 12? Denver has no money for Higgins and probably values the cheap contract of a 1st rounder. But maybe somebody will make a deal?

This draft could get Spicy. I think the Bengals are going to do some out of character things.

Interesting, it would force us to draft a WR. Which pick? 12 or 18 if we have no second round pick?

I am not sure this trade value works for us. But I always over value our guys. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Another Riley Reiff. We're still drafting a young OT at 18.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 05:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I have an even more unpopular opinion,Im ok with taking BTjr at 18 even if we don't trade Higgins.

Chase, Higgins, BT, and Gisike could have Burrow playing Madden-like on the field.

Somebody's gonna be yelling "trenches" at you shortly.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I am thrilled about this signing because Trent Brown is a day 1 starting RT that is on par (or maybe even better) than what we've had there since...honestly, Andre Smith's first stint with the Bengals. 2017 at the latest.

I am scared because I really hope the Bengals don't use this as an excuse to not draft a RT of the future at 18.

I want Fautanu, Fuaga, Latham, Mims or Fashanu (or Alt, but he won't be there) at 18. Period. If all 6 are gone, we're in trouble haha.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 06:14 PM)CJD Wrote: I am thrilled about this signing because Trent Brown is a day 1 starting RT that is on par (or maybe even better) than what we've had there since...honestly, Andre Smith's first stint with the Bengals. 2017 at the latest.

I am scared because I really hope the Bengals don't use this as an excuse to not draft a RT of the future at 18.

I want Fautanu, Fuaga, Latham, Mims or Fashanu (or Alt, but he won't be there) at 18. Period. If all 6 are gone, we're in trouble haha.

Trent Brown is way better than Andre Smith ever was.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 06:02 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Higgins & the Bengals 2nd for Denver's 12? Denver has no money for Higgins and probably values the cheap contract of a 1st rounder. But maybe somebody will make a deal?

Depends on Higgins value, but if we think Tee is worth no better than the 30th pick then we are likely looking at #16 0r 17 at best.  I agree that Denver isnt looking to take on a big contract this year, of course they could work out a deal with Tee and get him cheap in 2024.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 06:28 PM)pulses Wrote: Trent Brown is way better than Andre Smith ever was.

ok
Reply/Quote
We're pretty obviously going to take OT at 18 even with Brown. Then we have a season to work the blue chipper into the lineup.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 06:30 PM)CJD Wrote: ok

To be fair to Andre, he was ok in his 3rd year and then awesome in 2012 and 2013, he was never able to put it all together again.

Reply/Quote
Okay, let's just go all in on the trenches and with our 10 picks take 5 OL and 5 DL..... ;D
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 06:14 PM)CJD Wrote: I am thrilled about this signing because Trent Brown is a day 1 starting RT that is on par (or maybe even better) than what we've had there since...honestly, Andre Smith's first stint with the Bengals. 2017 at the latest.

With T Brown only on a one year deal, I highly doubt that the Bengals will neglect drafting the RT of the future.  I do like that it eases some pressure on having to take one at #18.  Now, if they get a good offer, they could trade back a few spots, pick up another 2nd round pick to improve the team in other areas as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 05:56 PM)pulses Wrote: With the right coaching Mims will be a beast.

That scratches him off of our list.....
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 04:53 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah he seems to know it all around here so it seems.

It is just my opinion, man. 

No more or less valid than yours or anyone else's. 

I do feel strongly about Reader and the FO's reluctance to maximize cap space, though. 
Reply/Quote
Another good signing, can't complain about this FA period!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 03:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A big Chase extension won't kick in until 2026.

I assume that's because you're talking about his 5th year option being in 2025, correct?
If so, his 5th year option is still ~$22 mill because he's been so productive through his career, IIRC.
So for all intents and purposes, he becomes expensive starting next year.

https://overthecap.com/fifth-year-option-projections
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote