Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 dead in SC church shooting
Rick Perry referred to it as an "accident" which I'd call a simple gaffe, but his bias seems clear enough for me to not want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/245603-rick-perry-calls-charleston-shooting-an-accident
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
There has always been evil in the world, there will always be evil in the world.
(06-19-2015, 08:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Rick Perry referred to it as an "accident" which I'd call a simple gaffe, but his bias seems clear enough for me to not want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/245603-rick-perry-calls-charleston-shooting-an-accident

no, you're right...."incident" and "accident" could never be misused. 
(06-19-2015, 11:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: no, you're right...."incident" and "accident" could never be misused. 

In this case, I feel I'm pretty right to say that Rick Perry is a biased idiot, yes.
(06-19-2015, 06:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: the hate crimes go both directions.

http://www.examiner.com/article/indictments-black-man-shot-four-whites-because-of-race

We live in a sad world.  We're all Americans here, why do we continually kill each other?  We have enough enemies in this cold world.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(06-19-2015, 11:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In this case, I feel I'm pretty right to say that Rick Perry is a biased idiot, yes.

because of a letter next to his name?

Is this for any reason other than you dislike his politics?

I'm never going to vote for Rick Perry, I don't agree with a lot of his stances, but he has a history of not exactly being a wordsmith (somehow more important to getting elected than being a good leader but that's a different thread) and seems to fall in line with that more than he seriously thinks it was an accident. That feels more like people wanting another reason to dislike him. 
(06-19-2015, 07:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: It has been reported that more than half of the worlds population carry a parasitic disease known as Toxoplasmosis. It's been suggested that in countries such as Brazil it causes males to become overly aggressive and fortunately for them ( he he ), females to become submissive and hyper sexual.

I'm curious if this or something else is behind overly aggressive ( read violent ) Americans.

Kind of off the subject, but this episode of Radiolab is about toxplasmois in humans and it's really good. (Spoiler alert: Cats are bad)
(06-19-2015, 06:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: the hate crimes go both directions.

http://www.examiner.com/article/indictments-black-man-shot-four-whites-because-of-race

What is your point?
(06-20-2015, 09:22 AM)Donnyho Wrote: Kind of of subject, but this episode of Radiolab is about toxplasmois in humans and it's really good. (Spoiler alert: Cats are bad)

We all know that. Big Grin
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

So tragic. My heart goes out to all the families of those that were murdered. Just like so many other cases there had to be warning signs. Nobody wants to believe their family or friends can do this type of thing. But sadly it happens way too often anymore.
(06-20-2015, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is your point?

My point is to draw attention to the fact that hate crimes happen to all races, by all races, creeds, sects, etc.  I want to draw attention to this fact, because our "society", particularly the news media, seems to be fixated on only reporting crimes on Black folks, with no mention of hate crimes to any other group.

You don't see a problem with that?

I mean, we get nifty little slogans like "Black lives matter", and so forth. Well, shouldn't the slogan actually read "All lives matter"??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-20-2015, 02:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My point is to draw attention to the fact that hate crimes happen to all races, by all races, creeds, sects, etc.  I want to draw attention to this fact, because our "society", particularly the news media, seems to be fixated on only reporting crimes on Black folks, with no mention of hate crimes to any other group.

You don't see a problem with that?

I mean, we get nifty little slogans like "Black lives matter", and so forth.  Well, shouldn't the slogan actually read "All lives matter"??

That incident was from 2013 and was reported in the media.

90% of your posts consist of you playing the victim card.  You seem a little obsessed with it.
(06-20-2015, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That incident was from 2013 and was reported in the media.

90% of news stories consist of playing the victim card.  They seem a little obsessed with it.

Fify

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Why are we talking about gun control, hate crimes, or racism?

This guy is an evil person. The government can pass all the laws they want and all they will do is take away the freedoms that Americans enjoy, and that have made America great.

They CAN'T legislate evil away ..........

Why can't we just say that a very small minority of people, whether Left or Right, Black or White, are EVIL ...........

and move on.

Everything is getting blamed here except the killer .........

Why would a young man become a mass murderer? Why would a war vet detonate a truck bomb in front of a building killing 168 people including a lot of kids? Why would young Americans join ISIS? Why would a university make a domestic terrorist a highly esteemed academic?

America has become so collectively mentally ill, accepting so many things as normal that aren't, always looking elsewhere for reasons for evil behaviors ................

that we just don't recognize CRAZY when we see it.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
(06-20-2015, 05:49 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Why are we talking about gun control, hate crimes, or racism?

This guy is an evil person. The government can pass all the laws they want and all they will do is take away the freedoms that Americans enjoy, and that have made America great.

Why can't we just say that a very small minority of people, whether Left or Right, Black or White, are EVIL ...........

and move on.

Why would a young man become a mass murderer? Why would a war vet detonate a truck bomb in front of a building killing 168 people including a lot of kids? Why would young Americans join ISIS? Why would a university make a domestic terrorist a highly esteemed academic?

America has become so collectively mentally ill, accepting so many things as normal that aren't, always looking elsewhere for reasons for evil behaviors ................

Sage words Blitz, but this issue of blaming the system goes all the way to the top. POTUS used it as an opportunity to push his agenda with 24 hours of the tragedy and his opponents were quick to point it out as well.

I look at the back and forth on this board and see how little in means when compared to the pain the families of these victims are currently experiencing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-20-2015, 05:49 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Why are we talking about gun control, hate crimes, or racism?

and move on.

For the same reason some are twisting themselves into knots to NOT talk about guns and racism and whatever...

Not talking about the crazy won't make it go away.  And not talking about it is seen the same as thinking we have to accept  a few deaths here and there...and not talk about it because, eh, crap happens.

We think he's crazy...he seems evil...he may just be racist too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2015, 07:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: For the same reason some are twisting themselves into knots to NOT talk about guns and racism and whatever...

Not talking about the crazy won't make it go away.  And not talking about it is seen the same as thinking we have to accept  a few deaths here and there...and not talk about it because, eh, crap happens.

We think he's crazy...he seems evil...he may just be racist too.

As always, you make a solid point.  However, what I gathered from 'Blitz' post was, why can't people that commit crimes just be treated as criminals?  Why do we feel this need to "label the reason"?  Does it somehow make the crime sensible to anyone?  Not to me.

So, for anyone to use a crime as political leverage is just as bad as the news media looking to find a reason to explain a killer's actions as anything other than "he was just a bad guy".

Mass killings happen all across the world, not just in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-20-2015, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As always, you make a solid point.  However, what I gathered from 'Blitz' post was, why can't people that commit crimes just be treated as criminals?  Why do we feel this need to "label the reason"?  Does it somehow make the crime sensible to anyone?  Not to me.

So, for anyone to use a crime as political leverage is just as bad as the news media looking to find a reason to explain a killer's actions as anything other than "he was just a bad guy".

Mass killings happen all across the world, not just in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

I dig the political aspect get blown way out of proportion.  And he is being treated as a criminal...but anytime we can get inside the head of one of these whackos helps us try and pick out who the next whacko is.  

And for a country that spends so much time fearing brown people it helps to have the conversation that ANYONE can be a terrorist.  Here or abroad as you said.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-19-2015, 11:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: because of a letter next to his name?

Stop there.  The only 3 politicians I actually actively like all have that dastardly letter next to their name.  Rick Perry is a joke and one doesn't have to be irrationally biased to see that.  You can like him all you want, though.
(06-20-2015, 08:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Stop there.  The only 3 politicians I actually actively like all have that dastardly letter next to their name.  Rick Perry is a joke and one doesn't have to be irrationally biased to see that.  You can like him all you want, though.

Yes. Clearly that part where I said I didn't like him and wouldn't vote for him evaded your wide and vast intellect