Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY THREAD***
(04-28-2016, 11:58 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Can't complain not a bad pick at all....Pacman like 50years old, Kirkpatrick is a bust, corners hugely important. Jackson was clearly Shitsburgh's want and we stole their thunder.

Then they reached for a corner (as far as I can tell). Perfect. 
Reply/Quote
I am so stoked. W.J.III is who I picked in my mock and really thought that would be our guy. Plus we pissed off Pittsburgh. A real play making CB who is always getting hands on ball. Loooooovvvveee it.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:58 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Can't complain not a bad pick at all....Pacman like 50years old, Kirkpatrick is a bust, corners hugely important. Jackson was clearly Shitsburgh's want and we stole their thunder.

Yep. They wanted him so bad they could taste it. We just got a good one. Now to cross our fingers on a decent WR falling to us in the second. Let's get us some sterling shepherd!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:58 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Artie Burns girl needed to make sure her boobs were in frame

Leave her alone. It woke me up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is a pretty clear sign they are not thrilled with Dre....

Or Dennard is not recovering well from his injury
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:56 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Corner? Dennard must be jacked up from his injury! Kind of concerning pick actually

Nope just BPA. Jackson was supposed to go a lot earlier. We got a steal.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:01 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yep. They wanted him so bad they could taste it. We just got a good one. Now to cross our fingers on a decent WR falling to us in the second. Let's get us some sterling shepherd!

That would make my weekend I am a huge Sterling Shepard guy!!
Reply/Quote
You know we totally dicked Pittsburgh with the Jackson pick. They reached for a 2nd round guy in the 1st.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 11:54 PM)Storer50 Wrote: I can't complain about that

Have any of us been? Plus Adam Jones is getting up there as is Hall.

I'm happy with the pick.

ETA: tried to quote the post about not being happy w/Dennard...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:02 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Or Dennard is not recovering well from his injury

I think Dennard is just fine. Dre is on his last year and Pac is getting older. We are one injury away from C.L.H. This is just a smart pick to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:04 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You know we totally dicked Pittsburgh with the Jackson pick. They reached for a 2nd round guy in the 1st.

Makes the pick that much sweeter, IMHO!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:06 AM)BengalB Wrote: Have any of us been? Plus Adam Jones is getting up there as is Hall.

I'm happy with the pick.

ETA: tried to quote the post about not being happy w/Dennard...

Hall doesn't play for us anymore last I checked.
Reply/Quote
[quote='Camdaddy08' pid='210781' dateline='1461899236']

I think Dennard is just fine. Dre is on his last year and Pac is getting older. We are one injury away from C.L.H. This is just a smart pick to me.
[/quote

Totally on board with the pick! You can never have enough good corners in this league. Leonte Carroo will be a Bengal tomorrow night!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:03 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nope just BPA. Jackson was supposed to go a lot earlier. We got a steal.

Exactly. Most just wanted a WR so bad that they won't accept anything else. 

Reply/Quote
Dennard, Jackson and Shaw. # good young CBs. We can say goodbye to tHe Dre K project next year. The money saved from letting Kirkpatrick go can be used to re-sign Zeitler. The steelers needed a CB so badly that our pick made them reach for A cb who wasn't even projected to go in the 1st round. I am relieved we didnt take a WR in the 1st to replace complimentary players. The only other choice for me would have been the DT Robinson out of Alabama. But I am glad we got this kid at DB. We need good DBs in this division now. Good job Bengals. Now could you imagine if we could somehow luck into Steling Shepherd or Andrew Billings in the 2nd round?
Reply/Quote
Stay true to the board. None of this year's 1st round WRs really made me want to draft them in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 08:02 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Looks like these 5 are the primary considerations for tonight at 24:

- Josh Doctson
- Corey Coleman
- William Jackson III
- Will Fuller
- Eli Apple

That order is my preference, but more than likely not their's.

yep
Reply/Quote
WR in round 2...Shepard, Carroo, Cooper, Boyd. Good talent still there
Reply/Quote
Glad they didn't reach for a crap WR, but damn. Third first round CB in five years, and I feel like they just spent a first round pick on a guy who will be the #4 or #5 CB in 2016.

If you're going to use a first round pick on a player who likely won't play in 2016, at least take Myles Jack. They already know how to get a guy through microfracture surgery (Burfict) and Jack was a top-5 talent.

Of course trading up to get that C or to get Darren Lee would have been better, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:00 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: That would have required the Bengals to do two things way out of character.   One is knowing a glaring weakness on their offensive line.  The second is moving up in the NFL draft to address a glaring need.  

They stayed put and lost out on getting a WR to address our glaring weakness.

staying put? We had a good idea that Houston and Minnesota were thinking WR.
We put it out there that we wanted a WR and forced the 3 teams in front of us to pick WR"s thus letting a guy fall to us that to me is the 2nd best CB in this years draft. Ramsey is the best.
Just look at Jackson's film, he improved dramatically year over year and had an outstanding year last year. 
Improvement is very important to me. It shows that a guy hasn't hit his ceiling yet. 
Reply/Quote