Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-20-2016, 11:54 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Inability to make a point..... Fred's biggest weakness.

Why are you so concerned with EVERYONE Fred? 

Because I want to help everyone.

I agree that everyone who has the resources should have a garden.  But that does not help the people who do not have the resources.
(06-20-2016, 11:40 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Glad to see this wasn't a phishing attempt.

No worries on my end.  I don't even think about you guys unless someone sends something my way.  Then I get on the boards and check things out.  If I feel like it, I post, most of the time I just read a few post and laugh at the stupidity on constant display.

Just like your simple request (which these request seem to be made by Lucie and myself way more than anyone else), was an obvious attempt at mocking what I do.  It was funny.  I call you out on it, and then you act like that wasn't your goal.  Then true to form you show your intentions.

As I have said, I have posted videos and even did youtube searches on aquaponics, which you are more than free to do.  You can either check them out or not, either way I will refer to my 1st post and tell you it doesn't pertain to me.

Do you have your own victim card or do you and your bff share one?   

Dude if you don't want to or can't post a picture...  DONT.  Not the end of the world.  Well just drop this fabrication and move on to the next. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-20-2016, 12:31 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Do you have your own victim card or do you and your bff share one?   

Dude if you don't want to or can't post a picture...  DONT.  Not the end of the world.  Well just drop this fabrication and move on to the next. 

How did I know this was the real goal of asking?

Yup, ya got me, I am a total fraud.... ThumbsUp
(06-20-2016, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because I want to help everyone.

I agree that everyone who has the resources should have a garden.  But that does not help the people who do not have the resources.

I know what you mean, it is hard for others to get the resources needed.

I mean, gotta have the internet, cell phone, cable TV or Satellite. 

Need to have those Oreo cookies as well, don't forget those cookies.

Oh, Fred went to Red Lobster, then I guess I should go to Red Lobster as well.

After buying all of that, who could possibly afford to get the resources needed to start up an aquaponics system.
(06-20-2016, 12:43 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: How did I know this was the real goal of asking?

Yup, ya got me, I am a total fraud.... ThumbsUp

Dude chill out. I was talking about fabrication in the sense that you created the aquaponics system.    

Jesus. Can you just drop it already.  Why are you so adamant about proving this?  We don't care that you refuse to or just are incapable of posting a picture of this elaborate system that produces such a plentiful bounty that you're just rolling in savings.  WE BELIEVE YOU.  Does that help?  
You could also lower the costs of living by joining a Nordic co-op.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-20-2016, 12:47 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I know what you mean, it is hard for others to get the resources needed.

I mean, gotta have the internet, cell phone, cable TV or Satellite. 

Need to have those Oreo cookies as well, don't forget those cookies.

Oh, Fred went to Red Lobster, then I guess I should go to Red Lobster as well.

After buying all of that, who could possibly afford to get the resources needed to start up an aquaponics system.

WTF?

Many people live in apartments and don't have room to grow vegetables.  The small systems you posted pictures of would only supply a handful vegetables.  Like I said before, a few pennies a week.
(06-20-2016, 12:50 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Dude chill out. I was talking about fabrication in the sense that you created the aquaponics system.    

Jesus. Can you just drop it already.  Why are you so adamant about proving this?  We don't care that you refuse to or just are incapable of posting a picture of this elaborate system that produces such a plentiful bounty that you're just rolling in savings.  WE BELIEVE YOU.  Does that help?  

Pretty sure that anyone can order their own "phototron" from an ad in the back of any High Times magazine.  As I understand, the ad clearly shows a picture of the "system", as well...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-20-2016, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty sure that anyone can order their own "phototron" from an ad in the back of any High Times magazine.  As I understand, the ad clearly shows a picture of the "system", as well...

If he's uncomfortable showing off this illustrious vegetable haven he's so proudly concocted then so be it.  Might be a time issue too. Probably busy handing out his excess bounty to local food shelters.  TOO MUCH CABBAGE!
(06-20-2016, 08:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: If he's uncomfortable showing off this illustrious vegetable haven he's so proudly concocted then so be it.  Might be a time issue too. Probably busy handing out his excess bounty to local food shelters.  TOO MUCH CABBAGE!

Why would you give it to food shelters? 
(06-20-2016, 09:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why would you give it to food shelters? 

No man can eat THAT MUCH CABBAGE.  

I guess it's probably better to just throw it away rather than helping the poor though.  Don't want them to get the wrong impression. 
(06-20-2016, 09:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: No man can eat THAT MUCH CABBAGE.  

I guess it's probably better to just throw it away rather than helping the poor though.  Don't want them to get the wrong impression. 

No.  Too much corruption in these food shelters.    Take it to your church, or just pass it out on your street.   

Did you know the EU took loads of food from Europe and just put it in a place to rot.   Wine lanes and butter mountains.   

Scroll to minute 40 https://youtu.be/eYqzcqDtL3k
(06-20-2016, 09:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: No man can eat THAT MUCH CABBAGE.  

He could always build small shacks and invite the poor out to work the farm.
They'd be indebted and not allowed to leave, but they'd have food and minimal shelter.
I mean.... that kind of system has worked before, providing you keep them in line.
Ninja

Seriously though.... you'd give the cabbage to your buddy who raised rabbits and he'd toss you some cottontail.
(06-20-2016, 10:06 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: He could always build small shacks and invite the poor out to work the farm.
They'd be indebted and not allowed to leave, but they'd have food and minimal shelter.
I mean.... that kind of system has worked before, providing you keep them in line.
Ninja

Seriously though.... you'd give the cabbage to your buddy who raised rabbits and he'd toss you some cottontail.

I'll reiterate.  I don't pay for tail.  
(06-20-2016, 09:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.  Too much corruption in these food shelters.    Take it to your church, or just pass it out on your street.   

Did you know the EU took loads of food from Europe and just put it in a place to rot.   Wine lanes and butter mountains.   

Scroll to minute 40 https://youtu.be/eYqzcqDtL3k

(06-18-2016, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hows about we just roll with the old rule. Attack the message, not the messenger?

Would it be possible for you to go to Europe and solve their problems instead of pretending that those same problems are the same here in the US?

I have many friends who work for a Food Bank.  My wife works there too.  There are many programs to bring food there to help the less fortunate.  So unless you have worked there or, heaven forbid, volunteered, you "message" is full of shit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2016, 10:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Would it be possible for you to go to Europe and solve their problems instead of pretending that those same problems are the same here in the US?

I have many friends who work for a Food Bank.  My wife works there too.  There are many programs to bring food there to help the less fortunate.  So unless you have worked there or, heaven forbid, volunteered, you "message" is full of shit.

We volunteer at a battered women's shelter and help women and children who are escaping violence.  

There is also countless churches here with signs giving away meals, groceries, clothes, etc.    

As for Europe.... The problems of Europe always come before we expierence them.
(06-20-2016, 10:20 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'll reiterate.  I don't pay for tail.  

What about head ?
LOL
So has anyone asked why a single person needs to afford a two bedroom apartment?
(06-21-2016, 03:38 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: So has anyone asked why a single person needs to afford a two bedroom apartment?

Repeatedly.

Circumstances were offered that would require it but they were ignored because they  were not specifically mentioned in the article.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-21-2016, 03:38 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: So has anyone asked why a single person needs to afford a two bedroom apartment?

Very valid point.

Also many of these studies mention an "average" apartment.  Minimum wage should not pay for an "average" apartment.  it should pay for a "minimum" apartment.

I am in favor of raising the minimum wage.  But I still can see how soem of these studies try to spin the conclusions.