Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New PnR Moderator
By no means should our mod be someone who thinks it's ok to use derogatory words to describe whole groups of people.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-26-2015, 12:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If voting, I vote for normal moderation, rather than a dedicated moderator.

Same. If there's an issue, we can contact any mod. We've been pretty good.

(07-26-2015, 12:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Good choice to keep the forum.  It would shut the forums down (at least until football actually starts) if it were removed.  Once it was introduced, it was immediately a vital part of the community.  When the old boards got rid of it, people quit visiting the boards in favor of message boards that actually had a P&R forum. Eventually, the bengals boards brought them back, due to their popularity and demand.  I wouldn't want that to happen here.

If voting, I vote for normal moderation, rather than a dedicated moderator.

(07-26-2015, 12:52 PM)treee Wrote: Fair enough. I definitely don't think anyone who actually posts in PnR should be allowed to the moderator at this point though. Actually, I'm in favor of not having a mod specifically for PnR.

Actually I think it's the best option.
Folks are fickle. I remember when this Board was first formed I suggested that a Mod should not be someone that frequented the forum. Folks poo-poo'd this and voiced their support for their liberal choice. Now suddenly a Mod that doesn't frequent the forum is a good idea.

Did Matt do that poor of a job? It appears many think so.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I think most here were always in favor of not having a dedicated mod, but most knew that, as Bengalholic pointed out, this subforum would not have been a part of this place without one.

If anything, nothing would really change by relying on reporting posts to the regular mod team because the results would be the same as that is what I did. No actions were taken unless someone reported it.
(07-26-2015, 02:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are fickle. I remember when this Board was first formed I suggested that a Mod should not be someone that frequented the forum. Folks poo-poo'd this and voiced their support for their liberal choice. Now suddenly a Mod that doesn't frequent the forum is a good idea.

Did Matt do that poor of a job? It appears many think so.

Two people, Matt included, have suggested this. Two.

More people have suggested just having the regular mods moderate it...

(07-26-2015, 02:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: More people have suggested just having the regular mods moderate it...

AKA, folks that do not frequent to Forum.

I do admit it usually takes folks a while to see my wisdom. 

(07-26-2015, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AKA, folks that do not frequent to Forum. 

Richmond, Johnny, and myself?

LOL?

(07-26-2015, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AKA, folks that do not frequent to Forum.

I do admit it usually takes folks a while to see my wisdom. 

What is "frequent"?

Or are you suggesting ones that never come here at all and only respond to reported posts?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-26-2015, 02:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Richmond, Johnny, and myself?

LOL?

I think you missed the point.

(07-26-2015, 02:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you missed the point.

No, i understand that you're just trying to attacking Matt. It's really petty.

(07-26-2015, 02:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, i understand that you're just trying to attacking Matt. It's really petty.

Are you surprised? I'm not.
(07-26-2015, 02:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: What is "frequent"?

Or are you suggesting ones that never come here at all and only respond to reported posts?

Yes, just like on the Mothership. I suggested this when this board formed; yet for some reason folks wanted someone that did. Now that he's tapped folks suddenly think it's a great idea. 

For instance Benton doesn't post here as often as he did. Most likely because he wears the badge of Moderator and feels he has to be more "down the middle". 

I mentioned Lucie and full-well knew what the reactions would be simply because he leans conservative; just as the last mod lean liberal (although I do think he would be fair).  My actual choice would be Zona. He's liberal, yet he stays out of the heated debates and I've never seen him get "personal" with anyone. 

If the choice is to go with passive moderation over active; then just eliminate the position. However, there should be a clear code of conduct that should be adhered to. This society should not be Lord of the Flies. 

(07-26-2015, 02:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: By no means should our mod be someone who thinks it's ok to use derogatory words to describe whole groups of people.

I could not agree any more.  I hate the suggestion, and not just because I disagree with him.  I don't think that anyone who voices their opinion in an extreme manner such as he does should not be an option.  The bad thing is....it leaves very few real options.  Bfine suggested Bengalzona, (I don't really even know his stances....Christian liberal, I think?) which I guess would be good, but at this point I'd rather just let the normal moderators do it.  

(07-26-2015, 02:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Same. If there's an issue, we can contact any mod. We've been pretty good.

Things have been a lot more game than I imagined they would be.  I thought it might get a bit rough considering there were no requirements to see the forum.....anyone could sign up and start trolling.  It's been pretty good though, and I haven't seen much that really crossed the lines.  I think at this point, most are adult enough to make the report if the need arises.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-26-2015, 02:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, i understand that you're just trying to attacking Matt. It's really petty.

No attack of Matt. Just trying to understand the change of heart. If the new consensus is no active moderation; what changed?

(07-26-2015, 02:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No attack of Matt. Just trying to understand the change of heart. If the new consensus is no active moderation; what changed?

At the start of the forum, Bengalholic said the P&R forum wouldn't open until we had a mod for that forum.

Boss man said pick someone, so we did. Matt was by far the best person.

If it's now an option to have no dedicated mod then this is a different story.

(07-26-2015, 02:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At the start of the forum, Bengalholic said the P&R forum wouldn't open until we had a mod for that forum.

Boss man said pick someone, so we did. Matt was by far the best person.

If it's now an option to have no dedicated mod then this is a different story.

Better choice might have been someone that isn't active in the forum. 

Been my stance all along. Somehow you tried to turn this into me attacking someone.

(07-26-2015, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Better choice might have been someone that isn't active in the forum. 

Been my stance all along. Somehow you tried to turn this into me attacking someone.

Why? Matt has been a good mod, he just doesn't have time. Since you're the only one saying he hasn't been, what's your beef with the job he has done?

No one besides you is saying he was bad.

(07-26-2015, 03:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why? Matt has been a good mod, he just doesn't have time. Since you're the only one saying he hasn't been, what's your beef with the job he has done?

No one besides you is saying he was bad.

Where did I say he did a bad job? He did as good of a job that anyone could in the situation, he was just in a bad position IMO. I'm sure it came to a head when he called a fellow member a liar; just happened to coincide with his increased workload.

I have always said the Moderator should be someone that is not an active member of this forum. Matter of fact Matt's assertion that he will be here less makes him a better candidate IMO and I see no reason to step down if it is simply a matter of time and we can just PM if there is any need.

(07-26-2015, 03:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did I say he did a bad job? He did as good of a job that anyone could in the situation, he was just in a bad position IMO. I'm sure it came to a head when he called a fellow member a liar; just happened to coincide with his increased workload.

I'd be lying if I said the ability for you and Lucie to push my buttons so easily as of late didn't play into my decision, but it was maybe 2% if that. What it did lead me to was my assertion that this forum would be best moderated by someone on the current mod team relying only on reports and such. I've not taken any action against you or Lucie in my capacity as a mod, but even if there is no abuse of power in that regard the perception can be created. I've been thinking a lot about perceptions as of late because of my classes taking me away from work during the week and the perception that creates as a manager in my department. It just caused me to think more about this as well.