Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-13-2017, 10:12 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm kind of dreading church, because I know these wounds will be ripped open again, this morning. But I feel like I need it.

I'll pray for you when I'm at Mass this morning. Please pray over Isaiah 53:5 and I promise you'll feel more at peace because Jesus' wounds were ripped open to give us peace. Unite your suffering with His and trust Him to use it for good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Look, Breitbart is trash, but they aren't lying on this one. The issue is that they cover this, but don't cover the violence against the press carried out by the right-wing nationalists. That is how the bias is presented. That is how they get people that rely on them to see only what they want them to see. A lot of what they put out there is not incorrect, but it is not representative of the whole truth.
(08-13-2017, 11:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Look, Breitbart is trash, but they aren't lying on this one. The issue is that they cover this, but don't cover the violence against the press carried out by the right-wing nationalists. That is how the bias is presented. That is how they get people that rely on them to see only what they want them to see. A lot of what they put out there is not incorrect, but it is not representative of the whole truth.

You have "heil Trump" shouting, torch wielding Nazis hitting the media with urine, tear gas, and mace while also killing people by running them down in their cars.

But lets cover the real story: someone punched a reporter. 

Breitbart is a pathetic excuse for a news outlet. Their page is filled with stories damning media outlets for how they are covering Nazis and nothing on the woman who was brutally murdered. They mention the killer, but only to complain about media coverage of him. Every story is essentially "...but what about antifa!?!?!"
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

The murderer in the middle holding the Nazi group's shield

[Image: fields13n-6-web.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-13-2017, 11:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You have "heil Trump" shouting, torch wielding Nazis hitting the media with urine, tear gas, and mace while also killing people by running them down in their cars.

But lets cover the real story: someone punched a reporter. 

Breitbart is a pathetic excuse for a news outlet. Their page is filled with stories damning media outlets for how they are covering Nazis and nothing on the woman who was brutally murdered. They mention the killer, but only to complain about media coverage of him. Every story is essentially "...but what about antifa!?!?!"

I don't disagree, at all. They use selective reporting to craft the worldview for their readership.
https://www.pscp.tv/w/bF8RfDcwODY3MHwxeU5HYW1SWVlBZ0dq80WVevaYxHxoxbkcmhQSV6SFBPxDlY1wigsqN0jDxfw=

View of the action yesterday. And these were not peaceful countries protestors, as seen in he video.
(08-13-2017, 11:28 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't disagree, at all. They use selective reporting to craft the worldview for their readership.

And you don't think the NYT and WaPo do the exact same?

We should all be able to read a breitbart story and a NYT story and see the same facts just with a different slant. The reason conservative media exists is because the legacy media ignores facts to slant their stories even further.
(08-13-2017, 12:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And you don't think the NYT and WaPo do the exact same?

We should all be able to read a breitbart story and a NYT story and see the same facts just with a different slant. The reason conservative media exists is because the legacy media ignores facts to slant their stories even further.

And you don't think Breitbart ignores facts? I pointed out facts they ignored int his very instance. I don't want any media to ignore facts. Your argument seems to be "they ignore some facts, so it's okay for me to use this media that ignores some different facts."
(08-13-2017, 12:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.pscp.tv/w/bF8RfDcwODY3MHwxeU5HYW1SWVlBZ0dq80WVevaYxHxoxbkcmhQSV6SFBPxDlY1wigsqN0jDxfw=

View of the action yesterday. And these were not peaceful countries protestors, as seen in he video.

Broadcast not found.

I also mentioned previously, there were groups on the left instigating, but not all of those attacked were among those. For instance, the woman that lost her life was a local, peaceful counter-protester. The clergy that were attacked were peaceful. The public figures that were attacked were peaceful. But let's ignore those facts because they don't fit in with your world view.
(08-13-2017, 10:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, they did go around killing people yesterday.

The white nationalists wanted to incite the violence, they got what they wanted. And in the number of skirmishes that happened, it wasn't just leftists that started shit. Plenty of times the nationalists threw the first punches.

Looks like Dylan Roof's vision is being fulfilled by his supporters and sympathizers.
(08-13-2017, 01:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Broadcast not found.

I also mentioned previously, there were groups on the left instigating, but not all of those attacked were among those. For instance, the woman that lost her life was a local, peaceful counter-protester. The clergy that were attacked were peaceful. The public figures that were attacked were peaceful. But let's ignore those facts because they don't fit in with your world view.

I think you called a spade a spade yesterday when you referred to them as carpetbaggers. This didn't have a damn thing to do with Robert E Lee, statues, or anything else. These guys.decided to come to your neck of the woods and start a fight. Unfortunately a local woman lost her life. To a lesser degree, it's also sad that a young man chose to throw his life away just as it was getting started... For what? He'll now have his sick worldview reinforced as he spends the rest of his days as a minority in whatever state penitentiary he ends up.

The rhetoric and hatred that has infected our political discourse has to be removed. Unfortunately nothing will change and it will be back to the same tired ol fake news bullshit tomorrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Yeah, there has been celebration among white nationalists, one of them quoted in the Guardian calling yesterday "a success."

The victim was a paralegal at a local law firm. I don't think this will end well for the carbetbagging bigots.
(08-13-2017, 11:06 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'll pray for you when I'm at Mass this morning. Please pray over Isaiah 53:5 and I promise you'll feel more at peace because Jesus' wounds were ripped open to give us peace. Unite your suffering with His and trust Him to use it for good.

Today's Gospel, I'm sure you heard the same, was a good one. I was wondering what it would be for today, wondering how it would fit in. But in the world today there is a lot to fear. Faith is the answer to that fear. That is what my pastors were there to say, yesterday. The hate and violence comes from a place of fear. The reactions I have come from a place of fear. My faith can help me find that comfort, though.
(08-13-2017, 01:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Broadcast not found.

My apologies. Here is the correct link. There is more to the link than just showing leftist acting crazy. It's right there at the spot where the car came into the crowd. Lots of information for everyone. It's raw video so it is what it is...

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1yNGamRYYAgGj
(08-13-2017, 02:46 PM)jason Wrote: I think you called a spade a spade yesterday when you referred to them as carpetbaggers. This didn't have a damn thing to do with Robert E Lee, statues, or anything else. These guys.decided to come to your neck of the woods and start a fight. Unfortunately a local woman lost her life. To a lesser degree, it's also sad that a young man chose to throw his life away just as it was getting started... For what? He'll now have his sick worldview reinforced as he spends the rest of his days as a minority in whatever state penitentiary he ends up.

The rhetoric and hatred that has infected our political discourse has to be removed. Unfortunately nothing will change and it will be back to the same tired ol fake news bullshit tomorrow.

Hasn't this protest happened every year for the past several?

Correct me if I am wrong but this is what I understood to be fact. No one likes white supremecitsts but it's been peaceful every year until antifa shows up?

As I Said earlier ..... we should let both groups thin each other out.
(08-13-2017, 03:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hasn't this protest happened every year for the past several?

Correct me if I am wrong but this is what I understood to be fact. No one likes white supremecitsts but it's been peaceful every year until antifa shows up?

As I Said earlier ..... we should let both groups thin each other out.

This is not a yearly thing. There have not been any troubles like this until white-nationalist groups from outside of the area decided to descend on the city.
(08-13-2017, 03:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My apologies. Here is the correct link. There is more to the link than just showing leftist acting crazy. It's right there at the spot where the car came into the crowd. Lots of information for everyone. It's raw video so it is what it is...

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1yNGamRYYAgGj

This shows a group of people marching up a street, and a car plowing into them. What are you trying to prove with this?

In addition: A good friend of mine was in the middle of all of that. What you see here are two groups that converged. The ones up front were local counter-protesters. The group the woman shooting the video with converged with that group at that intersection. They were peaceful protesters that got injured. It was a local, peaceful protester that was killed in this act of domestic terrorism. Stop being an apologist for terrorism.
(08-13-2017, 03:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is not a yearly thing. There have not been any troubles like this until white-nationalist groups from outside of the area decided to descend on the city.

Then it was earlier this year? This isn't the first.
(08-13-2017, 03:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This shows a group of people marching up a street, and a car plowing into them. What are you trying to prove with this?

In addition: A good friend of mine was in the middle of all of that. What you see here are two groups that converged. The ones up front were local counter-protesters. The group the woman shooting the video with converged with that group at that intersection. They were peaceful protesters that got injured. It was a local, peaceful protester that was killed in this act of domestic terrorism. Stop being an apologist for terrorism.

Where did I applogize for someone committing a crime? The crowd seems pretty hateful towards that reporter. Also it's pretty clear they wouldn't let any alt right protest and ignored the violence by antifa and BLM.
(08-13-2017, 03:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then it was earlier this year? This isn't the first.

On 08 July, some KKK members from out of state had a rally and there was a huge counter-protest that time, as well.