Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drumph now Rambo
(02-27-2018, 12:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: To be fair with the bone spurs and his whole scientific concept that the body is like a battery with a finite amount of energy I doubt he could have "ran" but dude never lies so he would have probably walked briskly into harms way.

he would have ran if there was a big mac or a bucket of KFC in the school
People suck
I'd genuinely like to know when the last time Trump physically ran for anything was.

On the topic, I agree with Bels that while in American culture likes to glorify this hypothetical bystander with a gun hero story, reality would be a lot different. People go through quite a bit of mental and physical training in order to respond to such incidents. Trying to imagine Trump, or just about anyone without training, jumping in and engaging there is laughable at best. Most would probably just end up as another statistic.
(02-27-2018, 02:57 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd genuinely like to know when the last time Trump physically ran for anything was.

On the topic, I agree with Bels that while in American culture likes to glorify this hypothetical bystander with a gun hero story, reality would be a lot different. People go through quite a bit of mental and physical training in order to respond to such incidents. Trying to imagine Trump, or just about anyone without training, jumping in and engaging there is laughable at best. Most would probably just end up as another statistic.

There's lots of people who risk their lives for others.  I'm not saying Trump would be one of them, but it happens fairly regularly.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I would also like to point out that there is scientific evidence that adolescent males without fully developed brains are more likely to take risks and not worry about the consequences.

So there is some science based reason behind why the man the man whose brain hasnt developed beyond high school locker room talk mode would think this way.
(02-27-2018, 03:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There's lots of people who risk their lives for others.  I'm not saying Trump would be one of them, but it happens fairly regularly.  

I invite anybody that has slammed Trump's remarks to answer the question so we can find out how it properly should have been answered:

Would you have entered the school unarmed knowing kids were getting murdered? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-27-2018, 03:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I invite anybody that has slammed Trump's remarks to answer the question so we can find out how it properly should have been answered:

I don't know that I am one of those who "slammed" him...but I can honestly say I don't know if I would/could.

I'd like to think that in the heat of the moment I'd start some grand plan in my mind to get inside and save someone, but being outside with the shooting already going on I don't think that's the best option.  Especially without a weapon. I might be brave enough...but until I am there and the adrenaline kicks in I can't honestly say.

Edit to add: I am also looking at this as being untrained. If I was trained my answer would be different.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-27-2018, 03:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I invite anybody that has slammed Trump's remarks to answer the question so we can find out how it properly should have been answered:

Of course not.

But I won't pretend too. Even more when you got already disgusted by blood.

https://uproxx.com/news/trump-howard-stern-blood/

“So what happens is this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head and I thought he died,” Trump recalled. “And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my god that’s disgusting’ and I turned away. I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him.”

While all his rich friends covered their eyes and turned their backs on the bleeding man, a bunch of Marines apparently rushed from the back of the room and created a human stretcher to help get him to safety. “You would never do that,” asked Stern. “I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up, it’s disgusting,'” Trump quipped. He then admitted that he forgot to even call and check in on the man the next day because it’s not “his thing.”

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(02-27-2018, 04:23 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Of course not.

But I won't pretend too. 

Well you're French, so that's expected. 

(02-27-2018, 03:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Would you have entered the school unarmed knowing kids were getting murdered? 

If the guy has a rock?  Yes.
If the guy has a knife?  Probably.  I can probably improvise some sort of weapon that could even things.
If the guy has a handgun?  Probably not.
If the guy has an assault rifle?  No.

See, I'm one of those people who thinks the weapon matters, so I'd say a hard no to running into danger when a weapon like that is being used, but that's just me. But, there is a 0.000001% chance I'm ever going to find myself in this situation, so I may as well delude myself into thinking I'd pull a John McClane on the bastard.

LONG EDIT:
This whole thing sort of reminds me of the fact that I know more than one person, who happens to be a western PA deer hunter, who thinks a squad of PA hunters like them could legitimately take out an equal amount of the US Army. Both guys (and more that I've talked to, now that I think of it) also have this certainty in their mind that if/when the government comes to take their guns they will proudly fight to the death. There seems to be some sort of honor in envisioning a glorious death for some people. Keep in mind these guys had ample opportunity to actually join the Army or police force and risk their lives to fight honorable fights but chose not to. To each his own, but lordy let's put some perspective in there.

On a lighter note, I know a guy who only drinks Pepsi who says and 100% believes that he wouldn't appear in a Coke commercial for $1,000,000. No one is ever going to make that offer to him, so I guess he may as well convince himself he'd never dare to drop that valorous loyalty. I can do it too....if Trump runs in 2020 I wouldn't vote for him for $1,000,000,000 dollars. Also, if a lion walks through that door within the next 7 seconds I will totally kick its ass.
Hi.
   You Drumph lovers on here remind me of a bunch of Sarah Suckabees. You come on here trying to explain and justify what Drumph really meant knowing full well that his latest bowel movement statement is a lie and makes him sound like an idiot. Don't blame me for pointing this out. Drumph is 70 years old. You be hard pressed to find someone more petty and insecure. Thank you for your time.

[Image: qbu714qybgpt1jt6g.jpg]
(02-27-2018, 03:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There's lots of people who risk their lives for others.  I'm not saying Trump would be one of them, but it happens fairly regularly.  

For every one that would, there are many more that would not. Biologically speaking, people that run into danger rather than away from aren't going to succeed in passing on their genes to the next generation. Yeah, we have been screwing over Darwinian theory with some technological advances, but that thread still runs deep. This is survival instinct we're talking about, one of the strongest instincts we have. This isn't to say people don't overcome it, but the vast majority aren't going to.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

No, I wouldn't. Would I try to protect my kids if I was in a class and a shooter entered? I'd like to think I would, but I can't say what I'd do until it happened.

I'm almost positive that I would never try to use a tragedy like this to pump up my ego or raise money, though. It's not a matter of do we think he would, it's a matter of the clownish nature of trying to use this to self promote and draw attention away from the victims. I'm pretty sure that has been reiterated by others here, so I'm not sure what you hoped to gain from this question. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Unarmed? No. I'd offer my thoughts and prayers, NRA-style. But call 911 first.

Armed--I'd say there is a likelihood. 

If my kid's in there, I'd say dead sure, armed or unarmed. 
And if I saw one of those lazy cops standing around I'd take his gun first.
(02-27-2018, 07:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: For every one that would, there are many more that would not. Biologically speaking, people that run into danger rather than away from aren't going to succeed in passing on their genes to the next generation. Yeah, we have been screwing over Darwinian theory with some technological advances, but that thread still runs deep. This is survival instinct we're talking about, one of the strongest instincts we have. This isn't to say people don't overcome it, but the vast majority aren't going to.

Lol.  

Still, humans in their "natural" community state don't act as do the atomistic self-interested individuals of advanced capitalism, do they?  Humans, like baboons and wolves, have rushed to defend their own for thousands of years. And not just parents defending their own children.  That self-sacrificial impulse may have been more critical to our species survival than "every man for himself."

The critical factor in Bfine's question is "unarmed." With spears, I think most tribal males will get between that cave bear and their fleeing tribe.  (No spears though, maybe no deal.)

(02-27-2018, 08:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, I wouldn't. Would I try to protect my kids if I was in a class and a shooter entered? I'd like to think I would, but I can't say what I'd do until it happened.

I'm almost positive that I would never try to use a tragedy like this to pump up my ego or raise money, though. It's not a matter of do we think he would, it's a matter of the clownish nature of trying to use this to self promote and draw attention away from the victims. I'm pretty sure that has been reiterated by others here, so I'm not sure what you hoped to gain from this question. 

I'd like to think you wouldn't, BPat, but you can never say for sure . . . .. LMAO

I can say this though, if Trump is the sort of guy who would never let the enemy take him alive (like some wimpy senators I could name), then I am pretty sure he would go into that school and give a good account of himself--armed or unarmed. 

Liberals will say that he was afraid to go to Vietnam so how's he going to charge a guy with an AR? But they also said he wouldn't win the nomination and then they said he wouldn't win the election, but he did. (Anyway, bone spurs only prevent people from marching long distances with heavy packs, but they would play no role in this scenario, where a quick sprint is needed.)

He is not self-promoting, he is modeling real manhood for Americans sadly lacking in that department, as we see from the general fear of arming teachers. That readiness to both lead and sacrifice is what you want in a national leader.
(02-27-2018, 04:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If the guy has a rock?  Yes.
If the guy has a knife?  Probably.  I can probably improvise some sort of weapon that could even things.
If the guy has a handgun?  Probably not.
If the guy has an assault rifle?  No.

See, I'm one of those people who thinks the weapon matters, so I'd say a hard no to running into danger when a weapon like that is being used, but that's just me.  But, there is a 0.000001% chance I'm ever going to find myself in this situation, so I may as well delude myself into thinking I'd pull a John McClane on the bastard.

LONG EDIT:
This whole thing sort of reminds me of the fact that I know more than one person, who happens to be a western PA deer hunter, who thinks a squad of PA hunters like them could legitimately take out an equal amount of the US Army.  Both guys (and more that I've talked to, now that I think of it) also have this certainty in their mind that if/when the government comes to take their guns they will proudly fight to the death.  There seems to be some sort of honor in envisioning a glorious death for some people.  Keep in mind these guys had ample opportunity to actually join the Army or police force and risk their lives to fight honorable fights but chose not to.  To each his own, but lordy let's put some perspective in there.

On a lighter note, I know a guy who only drinks Pepsi who says and 100% believes that he wouldn't appear in a Coke commercial for $1,000,000.  No one is ever going to make that offer to him, so I guess he may as well convince himself he'd never dare to drop that valorous loyalty.  I can do it too....if Trump runs in 2020 I wouldn't vote for him for $1,000,000,000 dollars.  Also, if a lion walks through that door within the next 7 seconds I will totally kick its ass.

LOL  Well said, top to bottom.

Wait, hang on a second Bfine--someone's at the door . . .  er, it's for you . . . .

[Image: Lion-4-588x882.jpg]
(02-27-2018, 08:22 PM)Dill Wrote: Lol.  

Still, humans in their "natural" community state don't act as do the atomistic self-interested individuals of advanced capitalism, do they?  Humans, like baboons and wolves, have rushed to defend their own for thousands of years. And not just parents defending their own children.  That self-sacrificial impulse may have been more critical to our species survival than "every man for himself."

The critical factor in Bfine's question is "unarmed." With spears, I think most tribal males will get between that cave bear and their fleeing tribe.  (No spears though, maybe no deal.)

Oh, there is no doubt, and reality is not as black and white as I am painting it. To get to the truly nitty gritty detail of it we would have to discuss the relationship one has to the ones in danger. Not just familial relationships can cause that, but a community connection can cause an overriding of the amygdala telling you to get the **** out. Lots of factors go into that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-27-2018, 08:50 PM)Dill Wrote: Wait, hang on a second Bfine--someone's at the door . . .  er, it's for you . . . .

[Image: Lion-4-588x882.jpg]

I really believe that I would intervene, even if unarmed, if that lion was mauling children, of course I wouldn't know for sure unless truly tested. And I believe most reading this post would do the same.  

(02-27-2018, 06:35 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hi.
   You Drumph lovers on here remind me of a bunch of Sarah Suckabees. You come on here trying to explain and justify what Drumph really meant knowing full well that his latest bowel movement statement is a lie and makes him sound like an idiot. Don't blame me for pointing this out. Drumph is 70 years old. You be hard pressed to find someone more petty and insecure. Thank you for your time.

[Image: qbu714qybgpt1jt6g.jpg]

Actually we are making fun of your representation, and overall on your obsession.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-27-2018, 07:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: For every one that would, there are many more that would not. Biologically speaking, people that run into danger rather than away from aren't going to succeed in passing on their genes to the next generation. Yeah, we have been screwing over Darwinian theory with some technological advances, but that thread still runs deep. This is survival instinct we're talking about, one of the strongest instincts we have. This isn't to say people don't overcome it, but the vast majority aren't going to.

Yes but the idea that there are people who would is not laughable or whatever it was called.