Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-02-2018, 06:22 PM)McC Wrote: AJ ain't really a blowin' smoke kind of guy, so if he's saying it, he's meaning it.   Lotta offensive pieces seemingly in place. 

Keep telling myself not to get too pumped so soon and I have a harder time believing myself every day. 

I don't ever like to think in terms of what I might think I deserve, but man, as Bengal fans, we have paid our price in tears and broken shit and the walls they bounced off of.

And you, RD, you ain't got an ounce of quit in you.  I had to order a new rep button cuz I wore out the first one on you.  Loving every link, every quote. 

Is it just me or is nobody saying anything bad?  What's up with that?

Nothing bad to say since they extended Marvin. They have made several uncharacteristic decisions and moves. Getting Pollack for PA is a BIG upgrade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 10:09 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Nothing bad to say since they extended Marvin. They have made several uncharacteristic decisions and moves. Getting Pollack for PA is a BIG upgrade.

Feeling the same.

Really like what i am seeing from Lazor, Van Pelt, Austin and Bicknell as well.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I really hate to bring it up, but AJ's years as a Bengal are going to begin drawing to a close sooner than most of us want.  I'm not saying his days are numbered, but he's not going to get any younger. I figure another few years and we'll be wondering who's gonna take his place. He'll definitely be missed once he either retired or moves on to another team.  I hope he remains a Bengal his entire career even if it means a few years of unAJlike seasons.  

Enough of my negativity for one day.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 01:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: I really hate to bring it up, but AJ's years as a Bengal are going to begin drawing to a close sooner than most of us want.  I'm not saying his days are numbered, but he's not going to get any younger. I figure another few years and we'll be wondering who's gonna take his place. He'll definitely be missed once he either retired or moves on to another team.  I hope he remains a Bengal his entire career even if it means a few years of unAJlike seasons.  

Enough of my negativity for one day.. 

We’ve been absolutely spoiled with Chad and AJ. The odds are probably against finding someone as good as those 2. At least as a direct replacement.

Reply/Quote
I haven't heard much from Quentin flowers.

Sent from my N9517 using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 04:35 AM)Storer50 Wrote: I haven't heard much from Quentin flowers.

Sent from my N9517 using Tapatalk

Yet the coaches seem really high on Flowers.  Going to be tough to keep Flowers, Walton, and Wilson.  But the way the backup QB have looked, maybe, just maybe they can keep him at QB.  He is small though.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 09:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, Geno is the best already, gonna take some time to get to handle the best.

Every O-lineman has problems with Geno Sackins.

PAY THE MAN!!!

I could be wrong but i think the snaps Bodine was having trouble with were Shotgun snaps.

Bit different if this is the case. Plus the Defense sees a difference in physicality from this new O-line.

I am pretty sure Price is a big part of that.

That's because he never played C before, IIRC; he was a Guard at NC.

*EDIT: Nevermind, Wikipedia shuts me up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Bodine
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 10:09 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Nothing bad to say since they extended Marvin. They have made several uncharacteristic decisions and moves. Getting Pollack for PA is a BIG upgrade.

New Captain Steering the Ship it seems...
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 02:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ve been absolutely spoiled with Chad and AJ. The odds are probably against finding someone as good as those 2. At least as a direct replacement.

what we have been needing though is another TJ.......  As good as Chad was him and TJ together was just great.  gotta have that other guy... 

TJ generally had more catches I think but chad the bigger plays.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 09:30 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's because he never played C before, IIRC; he was a Guard at NC.

*EDIT: Nevermind, Wikipedia shuts me up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Bodine
Wikipedia has been the ruin of many a poor boy, in god I know I'm one..  Cool  

Sing along if you know the words...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 10:37 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wikipedia has been the ruin of many a poor boy, in god I know I'm one..  Cool  

Sing along if you know the words...

lol sorry, Gramps; not a fan of the band and I DETEST that song :$
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol sorry, Gramps; not a fan of the band and I DETEST that song :$

The band was average, but the song is a classic. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 09:58 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Should have invented a drinking game years ago where everybody drinks when Eifert does not practice or play. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 09:30 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's because he never played C before, IIRC; he was a Guard at NC.

Glad i didn't have to correct you on that one Truck. Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Should have invented a drinking game years ago where everybody drinks when Eifert does not practice or play. 

We can still do it... Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 12:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The band was average, but the song is a classic. 

Beyond the shadow of a doubt.

But I still hate it lol.

EDIT*: And now, 2 minutes later, its stuck in my head Grrr!!!!!

Could be worse: I could still have Fast Car (Tracy Chapman) or Sledgehammer (Fifth Harmony) stuck in my head. The latter, I have no idea why as I run away from any speaker, computer or television that plays pop music. DOUBLE GRR!

(08-03-2018, 12:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Glad i didn't have to correct you on that one Truck. Wink

:$
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote