Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-28-2018, 04:22 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Actually, people who are falsely accused of something and KNOW they have a stacked committee of partisan buddies supporting them and pushing them through no matter what have absolutely no reason to worry. Hence, they have no reason to behave like a three year old.

Trump nominated Kavanaugh from his short list. He is a Bush and a Trump guy.

Yes. We agree that the investigation would be a good thing. So... what's holding it back?

Its clear now that people who believe Kavanaugh have put partisan considerations aside.

But those who believe Ford/Ramirez/Swetnick, or would at least like the FBI to check out the accusations, are blinded by knee-jerk bias and Trump hatred.  Dems have been hyper partisan since Nixon was framed by a partisan justice department and the Washington Post.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-28-2018, 05:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well hell, if you say she did despite her saying she didn't, the committee accepting that she didn't and the guy who wrote the story saying her staff didn't then she must be totally guilty.

Yeah somebody saying they didn't do something carries a lot more weight based on one's bias doesn't it? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I wonder how critical yearbook critics will be of Ford's yearbook when it comes out.

(09-28-2018, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I do.

Ok.

(09-28-2018, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If she will make up a "fear of flying", what else will she make up?

Did she make it up? People flying while having a fear of flying is common. I have anxiety when it comes to enclosed spaces, which is the reason Ford gave. I still fly when needed. It's very common. So latching onto this to attack credibility is misguided.

(09-28-2018, 06:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not saying that she was never assaulted, just not the scene she's been painting.

But, since you asked me if I thought she way lying, allow me to tell you what I really think.. It's a fact that Dr. Ford owns homes in not just one, but two of the most expensive real estate areas in the Nation. I'm willing to bet that she's been quite the donor to some of the California Democrats, over the years. I don't think for a moment that it isn't beyond her, or anyone in her position to go out on a limb to help the political cause with false accusations. If any of what she claims is proven to be true? I hope Kavanaugh burns in hell. However, since anyone that she named is emphatically denying anything of the sort happened, I would be shocked if an investigation turned up anything of real merit.

The statement that anyone she named is emphatically denying this happened isn't exactly correct. I also have a hard time believing someone would put themselves through the difficulties she has gone through for political purposes. The death threats, the threat of perjury, all of the things she has to deal with as a result of this isn't something that I would see someone doing for political motives.

I should also note, here, that I still don't say with certainty that Kavanaugh did this, just that I believe she is telling a truth she believes in and not a lie.

I'm a fan of Occam.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-28-2018, 05:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't recall hearing Kavanaugh say he was against it.
If he did, I apologize for that, but it's still a waste of time, he's already been checked by the FBI multiple times?

Again, no dates, no address etc, nothing to go by that can/cant be disputed by both sides. It's a no win for both. Let's waste more tax payer money.

A lot, it's actually against the law to ask about someones sexual preference (straight or not) during a job interview. You should know this, you are a lawyer aren't you?

The claims by Ford belong in a different arena. You know it, I know it, we all know it.
Hilarious That is what Kavanagh keeps saying. Hilarious
(09-28-2018, 05:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Talk about innocent til PROVEN guilty. 

You've already judged and found him guilty with the flimisiest of evidence.

Did you feel the same way when Clinton was being impeached? You know when there was actual DNA evidence??? Ahh never mind, you're too young for that one.

There is no evidence...because it didn’t happen.
(09-28-2018, 05:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If it's proven that he did do the type of things that Dr. Ford alleges, hopefully they would simply withdraw the nomination.  Trump can find any number of conservative justice candidates.  However, I seriously doubt that to be the case.  I honestly think this is all just political grandstanding to delay any Trump nomination from confirmation, until after the mid-terms.

Hopefully.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm satisfied now that they will have a supplemental FBI probe. If there is insufficient evidence to substantiate, I'm good with that. Sign him on (although, my personal opinion is that he shouldn't be a SCOTUS member after the emotional partisan rant yesterday).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(09-28-2018, 07:21 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: There is no evidence...because it didn’t happen.

That has never stopped a good lynch mob once they've taken the time to find the rope. 

(09-28-2018, 07:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ok.

Did she make it up? People flying while having a fear of flying is common. I have anxiety when it comes to enclosed spaces, which is the reason Ford gave. I still fly when needed. It's very common. So latching onto this to attack credibility is misguided.

The statement that anyone she named is emphatically denying this happened isn't exactly correct. I also have a hard time believing someone would put themselves through the difficulties she has gone through for political purposes. The death threats, the threat of perjury, all of the things she has to deal with as a result of this isn't something that I would see someone doing for political motives.

I should also note, here, that I still don't say with certainty that Kavanaugh did this, just that I believe she is telling a truth she believes in and not a lie.

I'm a fan of Occam.

Yes, something happened to her.  Just likely not the situation being presented.  She was 15, and didn't live in the neighborhood.  Somebody took her there, yet she won't say who.  She had to get home from there, but won't say who took her home.  She says that the boys "snuck up on her", yet claims that they were drunk and loud.  How does that happen, and why was she on the second floor of the house in the first place?  

With so many strange inconsistencies in a story, yet only remember the name of a couple of guys that she didn't even know?  I grew up in that era.  I drank till I puked a few times.  I can tell you who I went to the party with, every time. 

What I think we have here, is a woman with a PHD in psychology, trying to pull one over. I mean, why the childish speech patter of "uptalking"? It comes off as a deliberate attempt to sound "vulnerable". Most accomplished women with doctorates that I know, certainly don't pattern their speech like teenagers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-28-2018, 07:36 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Hopefully.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm satisfied now that they will have a supplemental FBI probe. If there is insufficient evidence to substantiate, I'm good with that. Sign him on (although, my personal opinion is that he shouldn't be a SCOTUS member after the emotional partisan rant yesterday).

12 years doing the same job just on a smaller stage. Certainly someone can come up with some examples of their fears being realized.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-28-2018, 07:36 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Hopefully.

I think that I might get a bit emotional, if my life's work was put in question over some false accusations.  Not just that, but my entire family drug through the mud.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-28-2018, 07:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did she make it up? People flying while having a fear of flying is common. I have anxiety when it comes to enclosed spaces, which is the reason Ford gave. I still fly when needed. It's very common. So latching onto this to attack credibility is misguided.

One of the most ignored things about the hearing both here and Nationally was when Ford said she wished the committee had offered to fly out to her.

It's almost. almost like folks didn't let her know that was an option. But they were probably just looking out for her best welfare. 

(09-28-2018, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With so many strange inconsistencies in a story, yet only remember the name of a couple of guys that she didn't even know?  I grew up in that era.  I drank till I puked a few times.  I can tell you who I went to the party with, every time. 

Really? I've only been drunk once but been to many parties and had a few drinks. I can't tell you everyone who was there. I can't tell you when they were. I can't tell you a lot of details beyond a couple of people and some key events. And these were parties 10-15 years ago and I had maybe two drinks the whole time during the parties.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-28-2018, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that I might get a bit emotional, if my life's work was put in question over some false accusations.  Not just that, but my entire family drug through the mud.

You must understand that folks cannot dispute the content of what he said so they must attack the method in which he delivered it. If Kavs would have been aloof can any rational person say that delivery would not have been attacked?  

(09-28-2018, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What I think we have here, is a woman with a PHD in psychology, trying to pull one over.  I mean, why the childish speech patter of "uptalking"?  It comes off as a deliberate attempt to sound "vulnerable".  Most accomplished women with doctorates that I know, certainly don't pattern their speech like teenagers.

Did you see when she was being sworn in?

They asked to stand, raise your right hand and she looked to the male lawyer and you can see him point to her hand and gesture upwards then she raises her right hand and looks forward.

Just from that I believe her to be acting.

Whatever, do the investigation and as soon as the report comes back, read it on the Senate floor then vote and be done with this foolishness.

If the Democrats pull something else out of their asses to hold this up longer, have Trump withdraw the nomination and fast track Amy Cony Barrett to the SCOTUS.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(09-28-2018, 08:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Really? I've only been drunk once but been to many parties and had a few drinks. I can't tell you everyone who was there. I can't tell you when they were. I can't tell you a lot of details beyond a couple of people and some key events. And these were parties 10-15 years ago and I had maybe two drinks the whole time during the parties.

I didn't claim all of that.  I said I can tell you who I went to the party with.  Hell, HS parties?  It would be near impossible to name everyone that was there.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-28-2018, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I didn't claim all of that.  I said I can tell you who I went to the party with.  Hell, HS parties?  It would be near impossible to name everyone that was there.  

Surely Matt didn't try to rephrase your words. Hell I can even tell you how I got there and how I got back, but cannot tell you everyone that was at every party. Seems like a gathering as small as Ford describes her friend would remember her friend leaving without knowing where she went. 

(09-28-2018, 08:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Surely Matt didn't try to rephrase your words. Hell I can even tell you how I got there and how I got back, but cannot tell you everyone that was at every party. Seems like a gathering as small as Ford describes her friend would remember her friend leaving without knowing where she went. 

Exactly, it's like they think that nobody else in the world ever broke the rules in HS, and couldn't possibly remember the experience.  Part of the reason that I claim BS, is because the two later accusations just seem so contrived, and lacking any verifiable facts, that they depend on the first one, in order to have any merit.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-28-2018, 08:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Really? I've only been drunk once but been to many parties and had a few drinks. I can't tell you everyone who was there. I can't tell you when they were. I can't tell you a lot of details beyond a couple of people and some key events. And these were parties 10-15 years ago and I had maybe two drinks the whole time during the parties.

If an event that was seared into your memory occurred you may remember more. Certainly more likely than a random uneventful night out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-28-2018, 08:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If an event that was seared into your memory occurred you may remember more. Certainly more likely than a random uneventful night out.

It is absolutely absurd. 

DR Ford what details can you tell us about the party?

I had 1 beer and I was sexually assaulted by Bret Kavanaugh and I remember these folks being there.

Do you know where it was, when it was, how you got there, how you got back?

No, but my one friend is sick and I hope she gets better

Any reason why those that you claim were there don't remember the party?

No, , but my one friend is sick and I hope she gets better

Well it's OK, you were a victim and so nice of you to care about your friend

Judge Guilty, err.. I mean Kavanaugh what can you tell us about the party

It never happened

Have ever drank to the point where you passed out

No

Sure you haven't. Where's Mark Judge?

He's recovering from being in a bad place and I wish him well

Oh, so another drunk? 

We have lost our minds.