Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(10-03-2018, 03:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: the whole reason we are where we are is because he's accused of assaulting this one person.

You are thinking of a devil's threeway.  

And then three others also.  But, details.

Ever played either drinking game?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-03-2018, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As would I; All allegations of crimes should be investigated. Now partying in college; perhaps not.

So you don't the allegations against him constitute a crime?
(10-03-2018, 01:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Maybe it's not the partying that is actually the issue, but the possibility that he was not truthful while under oath in front of the Senate. Maybe that would be why they would investigate such things. I mean, that's the reason everybody is talking about them investigating those things. But no, it can't be this logical and completely understandable concern over a judge's honesty and integrity, it has to be that the Senators just don't like that he was a partier in high school and college.

..or maybe folks are just looking for something, anything. He freely admitted he drank and often times drank too much; he also mentioned he drank to the point of vomiting, but folks are going to run with the "blacked out" theme, because it's really all they got. Dude has been in the judicial systems for decades and nothing.

You and others can look in the mirror and think you're doing a noble thing. I'll look at it as partisan politics trying to do what ever they can to destroy a man, that they know is fully qualified to sit the bench.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-03-2018, 03:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you don't the allegations against him constitute a crime?

No; allegations don't constitute a crime (are you a real lawyer). As far as I know all legitimate claims of committing a crime are being investigated. I have heard they were/are most likely not going to investigate the 3rd claim because it is not credible and has been refuted by a few sources.

(10-03-2018, 03:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: And then three others also.  But, details.

Ever played either drinking game?

I played quarters once.  No other drinking game.  I wasn't a big fan of being slowed down like that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-03-2018, 03:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No; allegations don't constitute a crime (are you a real lawyer).

Yes they do.  It is illegal to hold a person down against her will, grab her breasts, and cover her mouth when she attempts to call for help.

You have been listening to your boy Donald too much.
(10-03-2018, 03:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..or maybe folks are just looking for something, anything. He freely admitted he drank and often times drank too much; he also mentioned he drank to the point of vomiting, but folks are going to run with the "blacked out" theme, because it's really all they got. Dude has been in the judicial systems for decades and nothing.

You and others can look in the mirror and think you're doing a noble thing. I'll look at it as partisan politics trying to do what ever they can to destroy a man, that they know is fully qualified to sit the bench.

Hell, some people can look in the mirror and say a man who repeatedly lies under oath is perfect for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court because they want to focus on his high school drinking instead....because that's all they got.

But there must be a reason they only want him....
(10-03-2018, 04:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I played quarters once.  No other drinking game.  I wasn't a big fan of being slowed down like that.

okie dokie.
(10-03-2018, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes they do.  It is illegal to hold a person down against her will, grab her breasts, and cover her mouth when she attempts to call for help.

Yes, but allegations do constitute a crime. There's the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. I'm not sure if it was Donald or someone else that told me that,

(10-03-2018, 04:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hell, some people can look in the mirror and say a man who repeatedly lies under oath is perfect for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court because they want to focus on his high school drinking instead....because that's all they got.

But there must be a reason they only want him....

Is it just some folks opinion that he lied under oath?

(10-03-2018, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes they do.  It is illegal to hold a person down against her will, grab her breasts, and cover her mouth when she attempts to call for help.

So, what sort of crime should making the whole thing up constitute?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-03-2018, 10:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well this seems like a very open minded man.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-mocks-christine-blasey-ford-mississippi-campaign-rally-n916061

Wonder why women don't come forward more often and sooner?  Mellow

The reason women don't come forward was already blown apart by the whole process that made this into a political event, the Dems sitting on it, should have been released as soon as they got it so the FBI could've had a longer time to actually investigate it.

So to the majority of the people, this looks like nothing more than a political scam and in turn is being made into a mockery by many.

No need to be mad at Trump, you have plenty of reasons to hate him already. He's just playing on the parody of it, you know, similar to how SNL does to him.

Still mad he didn't grab your momma's kitty hunh?
(10-03-2018, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would be ashamed to be a republican and try to cliam tthat these allegations should not even be investigated.

But it's only for certain ones right? the dozen that spoke out about Bill Clinton were bashed into silence.  Were you ashamed of being a Democrat back then??
(10-03-2018, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is it just some folks opinion that he lied under oath?

Just the people who aren't republicans. Mellow
(10-03-2018, 04:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The reason women don't come forward was already blown apart by the whole process that made this into a political event, the Dems sitting on it, should have been released as soon as they got it so the FBI could've had a longer time to actually investigate it.

So to the majority of the people, this looks like nothing more than a political scam and in turn is being made into a mockery by many.

No need to be mad at Trump, you have plenty of reasons to hate him already. He's just playing on the parody of it, you know, similar to how SNL does to him.

So a couple things here:

The FBI wouldn't look into it unless the GOP led committee or the WH said to.  It didn't matter when Feinstein turned it over.  'Cause when she did...there was still no investigation until it was approved by the GOP.

That you can defend the POTUS mocking a person purely for political purposes while claiming the Democrats are pulling a political scam" is kind of unnerving.

But then again Trump has mocked lots of people and no republicans seem to care so I guess at least they are consistent.
(10-03-2018, 04:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The reason women don't come forward was already blown apart by the whole process that made this into a political event, the Dems sitting on it, should have been released as soon as they got it so the FBI could've had a longer time to actually investigate it.

Keep that filthy talk out of here. Grow up.
(10-03-2018, 04:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just the people who aren't republicans. Mellow

Shhh.... I'm going to tell you what to do.

Write all thes facts you have of Kavs committing perjury down in letter. Then send it to Diane Feinstein and ask her to keep it confidential, then just when all these baseless charges are cleared up, BOOM!! she springs it on them and you are the darling of the liberal masses.

Unless, maybe, just maybe, they've already vetted the comments and understand they are not grounds for perjury. But you should send the letter just incase no one else has thought of it.

I can see it now: "Dino saves the left with brilliant legal argument!!"

(10-03-2018, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shhh.... I'm going to tell you what to do.

Write all thes facts you have of Kavs committing perjury down in letter. Then send it to Diane Feinstein and ask her to keep it confidential, then just when all these baseless charges are cleared up, BOOM!! she springs it on them and you are the darling of the liberal masses.

Unless, maybe, just maybe, they've already vetted the comments and understand they are not grounds for perjury. But you should send the letter just incase no one else has thought of it.

I can see it now: "Dino saves the left with brilliant legal argument!!"

Sounds like you're just another Republican.

See just because the GOP in charge) don't care doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

Too bad oaths don't cover anything like party over principle.  Sad
(10-03-2018, 03:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That he may have gotten drunk or more drunk than he said he did?  Well the Ford thing is falling apart, so why not?

Or any of the other things that people he knew in high school or college have contradicted him on from his testimony. I'll say this again, before the first allegation came out there was testimony he had given before the Senate that indicated he was not being truthful while under oath. I said this before the Ford allegation came up. As he has spent more time in front of the committee there has been more coming out about this for things he has said since then.

If he committed sexual assault then he is a piece of shit. But I have an issue with a person seeking a seat on the highest court in our country lying under oath.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-03-2018, 05:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sounds like you're just another Republican.

See just because the GOP in charge) don't care doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

Too bad oaths don't cover anything like party over principle.  Sad

Don't let that deter you from writing your letter with the empirical proof of Kav's perjury. You'll never be the darling of the left if you don't fight for the little man.