Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
[Image: hgjolu6907s11.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
[Image: TZAJJmd.jpg]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: 8m0jlqkqmas11.jpg]
Barry Soweto is personally stopping by to take his guns.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: v2fktrcoj1s11.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: TMW2018-10-17color.png?1539537317]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
[Image: mj6n2bchads11.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: fcii7ggppds11.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 02:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 43750640_2013883215500837_66762598969182...e=5C4AEC3B]

Wow.  Hmmm. Different from misogynistic Trump tweets how?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't vote for Trump, but I'm literally forced to defend him every day against blatant fake news. Like, just criticize him honestly and I'd be like yeah he sucks.

[Image: a2ae5e1030f6ea9c4b3d6af93d307dc504519f36.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:28 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I didn't vote for Trump, but I'm literally forced to defend him every day against blatant fake news. Like, just criticize him honestly and I'd be like yeah he sucks.

[Image: a2ae5e1030f6ea9c4b3d6af93d307dc504519f36.jpg]

I confess I don't see "blatant fake news" here.  The red X seems more accurate. If all that matters is "we won," then it is a safe inference that Trump doesn't care whether Ford was telling the truth.  If he did care, then there would be more at issue than "we won."

The "context" also adds that Trump, who mocked Ford at a rally to the laughter of thousands, said he treated her with respect. Do words mean ANYTHING anymore?   This is not HEADLINE CORRECTION but HEADLINE RESPIN.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:11 PM)Dill Wrote: I confess I don't see "blatant fake news" here.  The red X seems more accurate. If all that matters is "we won," then it is a safe inference that Trump doesn't care whether Ford was telling the truth.  If he did care, then there would be more at issue than "we won."

Trump doesn't care that he accused her of lying now that he won. The headline suggests that he doesn't care if she was raped because he won. Trump's response was to Stahl's question about himself and something he said, not something the accuser said. That what he doesn't care about. 

The "context" also adds that Trump, who mocked Ford at a rally to the laughter of thousands, said he treated her with respect. Do words mean ANYTHING anymore?   This is not HEADLINE CORRECTION but HEADLINE RESPIN.

This is the kind of thing Trump should be criticized for - there's really no way to defend mocking someone who isn't your own friend and say you are being respectful.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:28 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I didn't vote for Trump, but I'm literally forced to defend him every day against blatant fake news. Like, just criticize him honestly and I'd be like yeah he sucks.

Headlines are terrible for that. They are there to generate clicks, and it doesn't matter if the article is from someone's blog or from a reputable news source, the headlines are too click-baitey. We've had this discussion in other threads a lot, and the issue is that people don't actually read the article and so all they are left with is the headline.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 671buso9rds11.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Headlines are terrible for that. They are there to generate clicks, and it doesn't matter if the article is from someone's blog or from a reputable news source, the headlines are too click-baitey. We've had this discussion in other threads a lot, and the issue is that people don't actually read the article and so all they are left with is the headline.

My favorites are "Is X actually really bad for you/cancer causing?"

Rabble rabble 12 paragraphs later....

Results are inconclusive. In general, don't overdue anything.

Brilliant.
Reply/Quote
[Image: lvq10z8ivds11.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Real Tweet

[Image: usjw65fzufs11.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: flrqra4nzfs11.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: p1qyh7h53is11.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not a joke...but too funny to not share.

https://www.newsweek.com/new-dating-app-trump-supporters-seeks-make-america-date-again-1171136?utm_campaign=NewsweekFacebookSF&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Quote:Donald Daters, launched for iPhone and Android, is a “singles community connecting lovers, friends, and Trump supporters alike,” its website states.

“Many on the Left chose party over love stopping any date if the other user is a supporter of our president,” it states.

The free app’s punch line, “Make America Date Again,” is a play on Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.” It has as its logo a red, white and blue “D” with a heart-shaped cutout.

"For many young Trump supporters, liberal intolerance has made meeting and dating nearly impossible. Support for the president has become a dealbreaker instead of an icebreaker,” Donald Daters CEO Emily Moreno said in a statement to Fox News on Monday. “That's why we created a new platform for Trump supporters to meet people without being afraid of talking politics.”

Like Tinder and many popular dating apps, Donald Daters allows users to swipe right to like and swipe left to skip potential matches.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote