Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(02-14-2019, 06:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Legislators controls the purse he is going in the face of their wishes over stepping his constitutional bounds. That will be the question eventually for the Supreme Court to answer I guess.

Oh, I truly hope the Judicial exercises checks and balances. My comment was simply that no precedent will be set for POTUS overstepping his bounds. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2019, 06:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I truly hope the Judicial exercises checks and balances. My comment was simply that no precedent will be set for POTUS overstepping his bounds. 

Declaring an emergency that isnt an emergency to fund pet projects is in fact a precedent. It hasn’t been done to date.
(02-14-2019, 06:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Declaring an emergency that isnt an emergency to fund pet projects is in fact a precedent. It hasn’t been done to date.

Well as long as you're looking at it with an open mind...

I could suggest that Obama declared a National Emergency during the "Great Swine Flu Emergency of 2009" to skirt requirements from medicare and other providers. But I'll let the checks and balances decide. 

Glad to see the usual "I'm playing it both ways" crowd keeping up there support of the POTUS while claiming they hope it gets "looked at".  then comparing to Obama.  

It's so funny.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2019, 06:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Declaring an emergency that isnt an emergency to fund pet projects is in fact a precedent. It hasn’t been done to date.

Bingo.

But it's Trump.  As long as it's him his supporters will believe everything he tells them.  
(02-14-2019, 06:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Glad to see the usual "I'm playing it both ways" crowd keeping up there support of the POTUS while claiming they hope it gets "looked at".  then comparing to Obama.  

It's so funny.

I compared it to no one until called to task. I have 0 idea why you're allowed to continue to post in this forum. 

(02-14-2019, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well as long as you're looking at it with an open mind...

I could suggest that Obama declared a National Emergency during the "Great Swine Flu Emergency of 2009" to skirt requirements from medicare and other providers. But I'll let the checks and balances decide. 

The swine flu killed 12k people in 2009...yea I’d say that was an emergency that needed to be dealt with right then and there. Glad you highlted a proper time to declare an emergency.
(02-14-2019, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I compared it to no one until called to task. I have 0 idea why you're allowed to continue to post in this forum. 

But you did compare a swine flu epidemic to a campaign promise.  Doesn't matter why you posted it.

Trump is a conman who has failed to get what he promised because there is no national support or congressional support for it so he's going to try run an end around.  Because that's what liars and con men and cheats do.  

And some will keep supporting him because they will find one thing he did they like and they can ignore the rest.
(02-14-2019, 06:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: The swine flu killed 12k people in 2009...yea I’d say that was an emergency that needed to be dealt with right then and there. Glad you highlted a proper time to declare an emergency.

Yeah the mortality rate was about 0.02% that year.

The average yearly mortality rate for the flu is 0.12%

Any idea who was the first person in the US to die from swine flu that year?

I get your point, but are you suggesting no one dies each year from illegal  immigration. 

(02-14-2019, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah the mortality rate was about 0.02% that year.

The average yearly mortality rate for the flu is 0.12%

Any idea who was the first person in the US to die from swine flu that year?

I get your point, but are you suggesting no one dies each year from illegal  immigration. 

Yes I’m suggesting it’s no where close to 12k. It’s unfortunate but not a national emergency. If he wanted to declare the opioid epidemic a national emergency I’d actually by that, but needing a wall isn’t a national emergency it’s a horribly disguised attempt to deliver a campaign promise.
(02-14-2019, 06:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: But you did compare a swine flu epidemic to a campaign promise.  Doesn't matter why you posted it.

Trump is a conman who has failed to get what he promised because there is no national support or congressional support for it so he's going to try run an end around.  Because that's what liars and con men and cheats do.  

And some will keep supporting him because they will find one thing he did they like and they can ignore the rest.

Nope I compared the motivation of a campaign promise  (illegal immigration) to the motivation of a campaign promise (more healthcare for all). 

Debate the merits of the promises all you want (with someone else). I have not supported Trump in possibly declaring this SOE anywhere. I just stated it would not be a precedent. 

The collateral damage of this I believe will be more dissent within the GOP which could come back to bite trump post Mueller report.
(02-14-2019, 06:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yes I’m suggesting it’s no where close to 12k. It’s unfortunate but not a national emergency. If he wanted to declare the opioid epidemic a national emergency I’d actually by that, but needing a wall isn’t a national emergency it’s a horribly disguised attempt to deliver a campaign promise.

You didn't answer the question I asked. 

Just read if a emergency is declared it can be overruled by 2/3 vote in house and senate. If house passes it has to be voted on and McConnel can’t opt not to do it. This would force all the republican senators to go on record to basically vote for the wall which they have tried to avoid.

President over party is going to come to an interesting Apex soon possibly.
(02-14-2019, 06:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You didn't answer the question I asked. 

Sure I did. Not sure what your referencing.

Reading back do you mean who was first? I don’t know I assumed it was rhetorical and you knew.
seems like the plan here is to poorly enact a SOE knowing its going to get held up in a legal battle and slow play the fight as if its democrats fault the wall isnt getting built.

i really dont believe this guy gives 2 shits about the wall. amazing he has so many of his minions clamoring for it.
(02-14-2019, 07:02 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: seems like the plan here is to poorly enact a SOE knowing its going to get held up in a legal battle and slow play the fight as if its democrats fault the wall isnt getting built.

i really dont believe this guy gives 2 shits about the wall. amazing he has so many of his minions clamoring for it.

Illegals weren’t a problem when he was employing them but now they are a national crisis.
(02-14-2019, 07:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Illegals weren’t a problem when he was f***ing them after his Xth divorce but now they are a national crisis.

ftfy
I’m actually fine with this. It allows the next Dem president to declare climate change a national emergency (just ask the Pentagon) and we can finally start protecting our planet and future from greedy fossil fuel industry.

Same reason I was fine with the Repubs killing the filibuster. What goes around comes around.
(02-14-2019, 06:54 PM)Au165 Wrote:
Sure I did. Not sure what your referencing.

Reading back do you mean who was first? I don’t know I assumed it was rhetorical and you knew.

I was referencing the string of words followed by one of these (?)