Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread
(04-10-2019, 10:19 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because, that wasn't even the premise of the "investigation", in the first place.  Now, we're going to get to the bottom of how this contrived attempt to sabotage a US President even came to be.

I mean, if it was good for America to scrutinize a sitting Pres. on false pretenses, then it has to be good for America to get to the bottom of the real underlying forces at hand, right?

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cadf41c76354f6163302cda]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-09-2019, 10:16 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It's already coming out that Hillary's email problem was worse than it was reported.  I don't know how I feel about this.  She was the 'candidate'. But if Comey extremely careless'd Hillary and then went after Trump, I think we need to figure out what the FBI was doing.

https://www.weeklyblitz.net/world/fbi-helped-in-suppressing-hillary-clintons-email-scam/

Not sure how this is worse than reported given Trumps private cell phone and email use. Also deleted emails.... You mean because the name is Hillary and not Trump (or any Republicans) Americans are outraged.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ivanka-trump-used-a-personal-email-account-to-send-hundreds-of-emails-about-government-business-last-year/2018/11/19/6515d1e0-e7a1-11e8-a939-9469f1166f9d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7a30c5e3d35a

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/21/their-emails-seven-members-trumps-team-have-used-unofficial-communications-tools/?utm_term=.83f416823a1e

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/us/politics/private-email-trump-kushner-bannon.html

https://www.newsweek.com/2016/11/11/donald-trump-companies-destroyed-emails-documents-515120.html

Just more proof of how Americans hold Dems at higher standards then Republicans.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
I'm just interested in why Trump supporters aren't applauding those 18 "angry Dems" (who we all know are really Republicans) who "falsely" investigated Trump for fully exonerating him. Seems like it would be more impressive that these people who wanted so bad to take him down exonerated him.

To then "question" why the investigation took place (as if they don't already know from prior testimony) doesn't seem like the actions of someone who was "fully exonerated'

I'd be highlighting that it was 18 angry Dems that exonerated me to prove the case of my innocence. But they aren't doing that nor are they calling for Americans to see the full report.

And they wonder why folks aren't fooled.

(04-10-2019, 10:19 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because, that wasn't even the premise of the "investigation", in the first place.  Now, we're going to get to the bottom of how this contrived attempt to sabotage a US President even came to be.

I mean, if it was good for America to scrutinize a sitting Pres. on false pretenses, then it has to be good for America to get to the bottom of the real underlying forces at hand, right?

The original premise of the investigation was three-fold: 1) Determine if there was Russian interference in our elections, 2) Determine the amount and type of interference, and 3) If there was Russian interference, determine if there was any collusion from the Trump campaign. The fourth part about obstruction came later, primarily from Tweets from the POTUS insinuating that he might do that and questionable firings.

The first two parts were answered very quickly as the FBI already had on-going investigations and evidence on the matters. Likewise, the third part was based upon ongoing investigations into Manafort, Flynn, Cohen, and others. Those investigations had already been running for years. But the investigation of Manafort's transactions and interactions with Russian-backed politicians in the Ukraine was the the primary reason they felt their was a need to investigate if there was a further connection between the Trump campaign (Manafort being a campaign consultant for Trump at one point) and the Russians. They had known for years that Manafort was doing shifty things with the Russians.

So, yeah, they had good reasons to look into everything they looked into. And it wasn't harassment. If you don't properly vet your people and end up hiring crooks, it really should come as no surprise that you might get investigated as well.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(04-10-2019, 11:38 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: The original premise of the investigation was three-fold: 1) Determine if there was Russian interference in our elections, 2) Determine the amount and type of interference, and 3) If there was Russian interference, determine if there was any collusion from the Trump campaign. The fourth part about obstruction came later, primarily from Tweets from the POTUS insinuating that he might do that and questionable firings.

The first two parts were answered very quickly as the FBI already had on-going investigations and evidence on the matters. Likewise, the third part was based upon ongoing investigations into Manafort, Flynn, Cohen, and others. Those investigations had already been running for years. But the investigation of Manafort's transactions and interactions with Russian-backed politicians in the Ukraine was the the primary reason they felt their was a need to investigate if there was a further connection between the Trump campaign (Manafort being a campaign consultant for Trump at one point) and the Russians. They had known for years that Manafort was doing shifty things with the Russians.

So, yeah, they had good reasons to look into everything they looked into. And it wasn't harassment. If you don't properly vet your people and hire crooks, it really should come as no surprise that you might get investigated as well.

Maybe you just hate Trump, but even so that is an excellent, concise summary of the investigation's rationale and goals evolving within that rationale.

As of last night, Hannity still vows to go after the investigators and "hold them accountable" for the witch hunt. He still wants Hillary in jail for violating the Espionage Act.  All the MSM should be embarrassed and apologetic for two years of lies.
(04-10-2019, 11:41 AM)Dill Wrote: Maybe you just hate Trump, but even so that is an excellent, concise summary of the investigation's rationale and goals evolving within that rationale.

As of last night, Hannity still vows to go after the investigators and "hold them accountable" for the witch hunt. He still wants Hillary in jail for violating the Espionage Act.  All the MSM should be embarrassed and apologetic for two years of lies.

You know, I normally just ignore the Hillary business when it is brought up. But the truth is, I have no idea if she did anything wrong or not. I've just always assumed that she has already been investigated so much (especially after she announced she was running for President... our current POTUS should take some comfort in the fact that he is not the only person ever investigated, eh), that they would have found something by now. And weren't all of those emails viewable thanks to Julien Assange and Wiki-Leaks?

Still, if they have legit reasons to investigate her, have at it. Personally, I was never much of a fan of the Clintons anyway.
It's about to get real, folks.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/10/barr-fbi-spying-trump-campaign-1266531

Quote:Attorney General William Barr on Wednesday appeared to back up President Donald Trump’s assertion that the Justice Department “spied” on his presidential campaign.
During his second day of testimony on the Hill, the attorney general also suggested that the Justice Department was gearing up to investigate the origins of the counterintelligence probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“Spying on a political campaign is a big deal,” Barr told senators. “I think spying did occur. The question is whether it was adequately predicated. And I’m not suggesting that it wasn’t adequately predicated. But I need to explore that.”
Barr’s statements are certain to please Trump, who said earlier Wednesday that the origins of the FBI’s investigation amounted to an “attempted coup.” The president has long decried the counterintelligence probe as a “witch hunt” that was launched by officials who were biased against him, citing the approval of a surveillance warrant for Carter Page, a former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign.
There is no evidence that officials were “spying” on the president’s campaign, and the warrant was approved after Page had left the campaign.
“I have no specific evidence that I would cite right now,” Barr later said. “I do have questions about it.”

Quote:The attorney general said he has not yet set up a team to investigate the origins of the probe. While Barr said he would not be launching an investigation into the FBI over the alleged spying, he said it was likely that there was a “failure among a group of leaders there at the upper echelon.”

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(04-10-2019, 12:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's about to get real, folks.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/10/barr-fbi-spying-trump-campaign-1266531

Well nothing like throwing it out there with no proof but saying you think it happened before even investigating it.

Quote:“I think spying did occur. The question is whether it was adequately predicated. And I’m not suggesting that it wasn’t adequately predicated. But I need to explore that.”

Barr’s statements are certain to please Trump, who said earlier Wednesday that the origins of the FBI’s investigation amounted to an “attempted coup.” The president has long decried the counterintelligence probe as a “witch hunt” that was launched by officials who were biased against him, citing the approval of a surveillance warrant for Carter Page, a former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign.

There is no evidence that officials were “spying” on the president’s campaign, and the warrant was approved after Page had left the campaign.

“I have no specific evidence that I would cite right now,” Barr later said. “I do have questions about it.”

"Barr’s statements are certain to please Trump,"

Anyone still want to say his appointment wasn't predicated on his letter discussing what a POTUS can be guilty of?  Once a shill always a shill.

But I welcome his "investigation".  Let's see if his thoughts are correct or if DJT is just bloviating again.
(04-10-2019, 12:04 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: You know, I normally just ignore the Hillary business when it is brought up. But the truth is, I have no idea if she did anything wrong or not. I've just always assumed that she has already been investigated so much (especially after she announced she was running for President... our current POTUS should take some comfort in the fact that he is not the only person ever investigated, eh), that they would have found something by now. And weren't all of those emails viewable thanks to Julien Assange and Wiki-Leaks?

Still, if they have legit reasons to investigate her, have at it. Personally, I was never much of a fan of the Clintons anyway.

I liked Bill as a politician and thought he was a good person until the whole Monica thing.  They I said he should have stepped down no matter how good he was elsewise.  It would have been better for the country.

I never liked DJT as a person or as a "politician".  He's an embarrassment to men and the human race.  That doesn't mean he colluded with the Russians or that they can ever finger him for a "crime".  That's means he's an awful person.
(04-10-2019, 12:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's about to get real, folks.

Real?

From your source:

Quote:There is no evidence that officials were “spying” on the president’s campaign, and the warrant was approved after Page had left the campaign.

I have no specific evidence that I would cite right now,” Barr later said. “I do have questions about it.”

The FBI had evidence that Manafort was low-dealing with the Russians months before the Mueller investigation was even called for.
(04-10-2019, 12:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Real?

From your source:

The FBI had evidence that Manafort was low-dealing with the Russians months before the Mueller investigation was even called for.

They know this. Not sure why they think folks are as easily conned as Trump supporters.

(04-10-2019, 12:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well nothing like throwing it out there with no proof but saying you think it happened before even investigating it.

"Barr’s statements are certain to please Trump,"

Anyone still want to say his appointment wasn't predicated on his letter discussing what a POTUS can be guilty of?  Once a shill always a shill.

But I welcome his "investigation".  Let's see if his thoughts are correct or if DJT is just bloviating again.

The author made that statement.  Should Barr refrain from saying anything that may please the president lest he be called a shill?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I think people are realizing everything Barr is saying is meant for Trump, not necessarily the American people or Congress. His kids have jobs w/ Trump they need to keep.

Barr isn't going to jeopardize that.

(04-10-2019, 01:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The author made that statement.  Should Barr refrain from saying anything that may please the president lest he be called a shill?

After writing a very public letter signalling that he would be a good man to run interference for the president, and after that questionable "summary" of the Mueller Report which he is withholding from Congresses, yes.

He should avoid every appearance that he is shirking his duty to the people and the Constitution in order to protect Trump.
(04-10-2019, 01:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The author made that statement.  Should Barr refrain from saying anything that may please the president lest he be called a shill?

Indeed the author did.  Indeed he is correct.

As to what Barr can say and not be a "shill" probably nothing at this point.  But he has a long history of it.
(04-10-2019, 12:04 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: You know, I normally just ignore the Hillary business when it is brought up. But the truth is, I have no idea if she did anything wrong or not. I've just always assumed that she has already been investigated so much (especially after she announced she was running for President... our current POTUS should take some comfort in the fact that he is not the only person ever investigated, eh), that they would have found something by now. And weren't all of those emails viewable thanks to Julien Assange and Wiki-Leaks?

Guilty or not, Hannity and his Fox team are going after her. And they want the FISA warrants made public too. 

Time to push Nielsen's firing, the annexation of the Golan Heights, and the renewal of family separation at the border all to the back page--

Get Hillary back on the front page, along with her deep state cronies who staged an in-house coup against the president of the United States.

ACCOUNTABILITY!!      Smack    Libs won't get away with it this time!! Rant
AG Barr: "I don't have any specific evidence any illegal surveillance was conducted against the Trump campaign, but I'm going to double check things to be sure."

Trump media: Obama spied on Trump, Barr vindicates Trump's claims!

When I read some of the stuff in this thread and elsewhere that people have bought into, it amazes me how suckered in people get with media narratives.

These sites and channels are just sitting there like hypnotoad, convincing so many people by feeding them their version of the truth.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3938170]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-10-2019, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When I read some of the stuff in this thread and elsewhere that people have bought into, it amazes me how suckered in people get with media narratives.

These sites and channels are just sitting there like hypnotoad, convincing so many people by feeding them their version of the truth.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3938170]

I agree. Both sides of the aisle. But then again, since the FCC rule change in 1990, spreading thickly biased and sometimes erroneous stories to appeal to a partisan audience is the name of the game.

And our side (whichever side that may be) does it WAY better than the other guys.... so we are #1!!!!!!! Yay!!!!! Go team, go!!!
(04-10-2019, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3938170]

Can't stop . . . staring . . . . . into this toad's . . . eyes . . . . . lock . . . her . . . up . . . . .lock . . . .