Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic
(09-27-2015, 01:21 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yes, we are all aware of what Genesis says. The question is whether that portion is meant to be taken literally or not. Various Christians, even before Darwin was born, have argued that it is not.

It is the inspired word and was written about 3,500 years ago. 

The most closed-minded must think: "That's pretty close". Given the years and translations, I would say it is amazing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2015, 01:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is the inspired word

Assertion without evidence; dismissed without evidence.

Quote:and was written about 3,500 years ago. 

Source?

Quote:The most closed-minded must think: "That's pretty close". Given the years and translations, I would say it is amazing.
If what you're saying is you think that the Genesis account is "pretty close" to what science is showing us, I've got a bridge to sell you.
(09-27-2015, 01:39 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: If what you're saying is you think that the Genesis account is "pretty close" to what science is showing us, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Tell me at what point I can buy the bridge:

Universe

Formation of Earth

Its inclusion in the Solar System

Creation of water animals then fowl

Creation of land animal then man

Remember this document was written thousands of years ago and cutting edge science is...

(09-27-2015, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Big Bang and Evolution can be explained in the 1st chapter of the bible:

The non-believer can nitpick, but anyone with an open mind can see this is pretty much what BBT and evolution has spent so much time trying to explain.

The only question is: Were those "six days" 144 hours.

Are you stating you're closed minded because you don't believe in the Big Bang and evolution?
(09-27-2015, 01:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Tell me at what point I can buy the bridge:

Universe

Formation of Earth

Remember this document was written thousands of years ago and cutting edge science is...

What exactly are you saying here? That the literal Genesis account is not 100% accurate to a tee, but that it is a generally accurate description of the order of events? Or that science supports the literal existence of "the firmament", that the Earth was literally covered in water initially, etc.?
(09-27-2015, 01:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Tell me at what point I can buy the bridge:

Universe

Formation of Earth

(09-27-2015, 03:09 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: What exactly are you saying here? That the literal Genesis account is not 100% accurate to a tee, but that it is a generally accurate description of the order of events? Or that science supports the literal existence of "the firmament", that the Earth was literally covered in water initially, etc.?

We've played this game.  Larry can't admit that the genesis account is not equal to any other theory...even when I quoted word for word the scripture.

Its just more trolling from him.  He just found a new playmate in you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2015, 03:09 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: What exactly are you saying here? That the literal Genesis account is not 100% accurate to a tee, but that it is a generally accurate description of the order of events? Or that science supports the literal existence of "the firmament", that the Earth was literally covered in water initially, etc.?

That science is trying to explain creation. The words in the Bible are true; science just hasn't caught up yet. 

The "firmament" is someone trying to explain our atmosphere 3500 years ago and yes the earth was originally covered in water. Many scientists are already subscribing to this. 

The issue with sciency people is they try to read the bible as a text book. I can read the same verse numerous time and get something new from it each time.  

(09-27-2015, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That science is trying to explain creation. The words in the Bible are true; science just hasn't caught up yet. 

The "firmament" is someone trying to explain our atmosphere 3500 years ago and yes the earth was originally covered in water. Many scientists are already subscribing to this. 

The issue with sciency people is they try to read the bible as a text book. I can read the same verse numerous time and get something new from it each time.  

Still trying to prove the creation story was true?  Must still not be able to read.
(09-27-2015, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The "firmament" is someone trying to explain our atmosphere 3500 years ago and yes the earth was originally covered in water. Many scientists are already subscribing to this. 

Someone?

You stated the Bible is inspired.  That "someone" would be God.  If that "someone" is someone other than God then the words aren't inspired.
(09-27-2015, 12:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Someone?

You stated the Bible is inspired.  That "someone" would be God.  If that "someone" is someone other than God then the words aren't inspired.

But someone wrote what he was told and tried to explain it as best he could. 

You do realize God didn't actually write the Bible and it has been translated numerous times don't you?

(09-27-2015, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But someone wrote what he was told and tried to explain it as best he could. 

You do realize God didn't actually write the Bible and it has been translated numerous times don't you?

Yes, but if the Holy Spirit inspired the humans who wrote the Bible then the humans used the words the Holy Spirit "inspired" them to use.  As you wrote, "someone wrote what he was told."  Exactly.  They.  Wrote.  What.  They.  Were.  Told.  They don't have to explain anything because the words are "inspired" and I'm sure the Holy Spirit knows how to explain Himself to Iron Age goat herders.
(09-27-2015, 12:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes, but if the Holy Spirit inspired the humans who wrote the Bible then the humans used the words the Holy Spirit "inspired" them to use.  As you wrote, "someone wrote what he was told."  Exactly.  They.  Wrote.  What.  They.  Were.  Told.  They don't have to explain anything because the words are "inspired" and I'm sure the Holy Spirit knows how to explain Himself to Iron Age goat herders.

This is all true

If I told you that last night the Holy Spirit inspired me to write a new gospel...would you believe me?
(09-27-2015, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is all true

So why would someone need to explain something "as best he could" when he was inspired to write exactly what he was told to write?  Does God have a language barrier?
(09-27-2015, 02:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So why would someone need to explain something "as best he could" when he was inspired to write exactly what he was told to write?  Does God have a language barrier?

Because that person had to try to explain it to other people. This doesn't even take into consideration issues with translating into different languages

(09-27-2015, 02:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because that person had to try to explain it to other people. This doesn't even take into consideration issues with translating into different languages

If I dictate a letter to you it is unnecessary for you to explain my dictation.  You just have to write what I tell you to write.

Correct me if I'm wrong, humanity spoke a single language until after the Great Flood. It was God who confounded the language of man. But, not until well after the story of Genesis had been recorded so the authors of Genesis wouldn't need to consider translating or explaining any of what God dictated.
(09-27-2015, 01:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: If I told you that last night the Holy Spirit inspired me to write a new gospel...would you believe me?

Yes.
But I doubt I could convince The Council of Nicaea to convene and canonize it for you.
Ninja
(09-27-2015, 07:47 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yes.
But I doubt I could convince The Council of Nicaea to convene and canonize it for you.
Ninja

See that's just it.  I'm telling you its true.  God spoke to me.  Personally.   What does your faith only allow you to believe what you have been told is true and any new truths?

(Not you...universal you.)
(09-27-2015, 08:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: See that's just it.  I'm telling you its true.  God spoke to me.  Personally.   What does your faith only allow you to believe what you have been told is true and any new truths?

(Not you...universal you.)

Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say:
Some things in life are bad.
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble. Give a whistle.
And this'll help things turn out for the best. And...

[music]

Always look on the bright side of life.

Cheers
(09-27-2015, 03:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If I dictate a letter to you it is unnecessary for you to explain my dictation.  You just have to write what I tell you to write.

Correct me if I'm wrong, humanity spoke a single language until after the Great Flood.  It was God who confounded the language of man.  But, not until well after the story of Genesis had been recorded so the authors of Genesis wouldn't need to consider translating or explaining any of what God dictated.
It was the Tower of Babel and it is in Genesis.