Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread
(04-17-2019, 12:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be believed from Barr's summary. He was hired because of the coverup he led the last time he was in this position. This should alarm all Americans, but Trump supporters know he's guilty and thus will ignore Barr's past and bias.

At least Sessions (disagree with his policy) loved his country. Barr has already proven to side with politics over country. Only question is will Americans and the media ignore this, or will they take his summary as gospel (again).

We know from the Clinton investigation if it was a Dem, Americans wouldn't stand for it (taking a known political hack for his word after he's proven to have lied and turned on his country before). Hell they would demand it's full release (and get it).

The media certainly aren't ignoring it.  Some Americans are rightly alarmed. But the mass of Trump supporters just see this as more "hate" and media negativity.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I don't know about the media. When Barr released the initial summary, they ran with it without question.

It wasn't until the constant questioning of Barr, that the Breaking: No Collusion, No Obstruction scrolls disappeared.

But those first couple days they were all in on the Barr summary.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Barr has already briefed the White House on the report and will hold a press conference tomorrow at 9:30 regarding the report.

He won't release it to Congress until hours after the press conference, which means the press will not be able to see it before they have their chance to ask Barr questions.

Trump revealed the press conference before the DOJ confirmed it, which seems to confirm the NYT's report that the DOJ and WH legal team were coordinating on the report and its release.

For something that supposedly fully exonerates Trump, they are going through a lot of trouble to control the conversation and not reveal it to the public. I'm guessing there's a halfway decent case made in it regarding obstruction of justice.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-17-2019, 08:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: For something that supposedly fully exonerates Trump, they are going through a lot of trouble to control the conversation and not reveal it to the public. I'm guessing there's a halfway decent case made in it regarding obstruction of justice.

Since it's guessing time, my guess would be that's not it. I'd guess it's more about all the investigations that stem from Mueller's work and are ongoing. And some facts that while not suitable to prove active collusion in the election interference (the Russians probably could have done hacking and disinformation without Trump's expertise anyways) still are quite damning. Like possible money laundering and whatnot.
(04-17-2019, 08:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: For something that supposedly fully exonerates Trump, they are going through a lot of trouble to control the conversation and not reveal it to the public. I'm guessing there's a halfway decent case made in it regarding obstruction of justice.

(04-17-2019, 08:36 PM)hollodero Wrote: Since it's guessing time, my guess would be that's not it. I'd guess it's more about all the investigations that stem from Mueller's work and are ongoing. And some facts that while not suitable to prove active collusion in the election interference (the Russians probably could have done hacking and disinformation without Trump's expertise anyways) still are quite damning. Like possible money laundering and whatnot.

I've got a guess too!!!

I'm guessing that we will find out that Donald Trump still wets the bed!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
WaPo is reporting that Mueller concludes in the report that it's too hard to determine Trump's intent, which means we will see a number of people support Trump who criticized the FBI for saying there was no intent with Hillary as well as a number of people disagree with this who supported Hillary.

Apparently the WH legal team has already begun writing their rebuttal thanks to the advance access from Barr, with the hopes of being able to release it before the House can make a conclusion on the report.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-17-2019, 09:48 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I've got a guess too!!!

I'm guessing that we will find out that Donald Trump still wets the bed!

Right... and that there actually never were any "Russian prostitutes". Just a wet bed and a hasty explanation.

I really need to emphasize that while I'm not particularly malicious by nature, I kind of need to see this particular individual Donald J. Trump go down in non-literal flames. There's no point in denying that. If this offensive, ignorant, lieing, moronic, egomaniacal, destructive person wins in the end then this season will go down as a huge disappointment, never even mind reality.
My money's worth of hope is on the finances still. There will be cooked and laundered stuff. Trump has to be too reckless to not have taken in tainted money, whitewashed numbers and broken several laws.

Please. Sad
This is it bois!!!!! DrUmPf iS FinIShEd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
I don't really care about this release today.  It's pretty obvious that DJT is and that may simply be because he won't read and has no idea what might be in it other than what he is being told.

More importantly I care if members of congress get the unredacted report.  That will tell them/us more.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-17-2019, 08:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Barr has already briefed the White House on the report and will hold a press conference tomorrow at 9:30 regarding the report.

He won't release it to Congress until hours after the press conference, which means the press will not be able to see it before they have their chance to ask Barr questions.

Trump revealed the press conference before the DOJ confirmed it, which seems to confirm the NYT's report that the DOJ and WH legal team were coordinating on the report and its release.

For something that supposedly fully exonerates Trump, they are going through a lot of trouble to control the conversation and not reveal it to the public. I'm guessing there's a halfway decent case made in it regarding obstruction of justice.

I'm willing to be corrected here, but did Barr ever say it fully exonerates Trump?  What other people say is kind of meaningless as they hadn't seen the report.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

daddy's gonna put his big boy pants on and really come down hard on russia now
(04-18-2019, 09:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm willing to be corrected here, but did Barr ever say it fully exonerates Trump?

As far as I know, not really. It seems as if he tries his hardest though right now.
Like that the media frenzy or illegal leaks are responsible for his obstructive acts.

What a PK.
Also, is it odd that the WH got briefed first? I find that incredibly odd, but I'm far away.
So, basically, Barr said Trump wasn't "obstructing" he was just acting out because he was frustrated.

And the strategy of "trump always says and does dumb things" as a defense of him doing and saying dumb things worked all the way up to the AG.

Wonderful.
President handed over all requested documents to Mueller during the process.

On the final report, there could have been areas where Trump exercised executive privilege in redactions, and he did not.
(04-18-2019, 11:03 AM)Goalpost Wrote: President handed over all requested documents to Mueller during the process.

On the final report, there could have been areas where Trump exercised executive privilege in redactions, and he did not.

ThumbsUp let's give him the nobel prize.

Never mind his publicly slandering Mueller and his investigators time and again.
(04-18-2019, 11:03 AM)Goalpost Wrote: President handed over all requested documents to Mueller during the process.

This is what is so mind-numbingly frustrating.  Trump allegedly COMPLETELY assisted with the investigation into something he claims never happened and he STILL acts like a spoiled child the entire time.

Assuming this report is unambiguous in its details about the campaign's interactions with russians and what DJT may have done to obstruct anything why can't he just shut up?

I mean I think I know why...he's guilty of something and was afraid of being investigated.  But all he had to do was be quiet and there's not even any court of public opinion that could go after him.  His own mouth and words are his worst enemy. 
Barr, instead of giving the facts, gave his opinion and defense of Trump. Last time he did this he was found to have mislead Americans and Congress. This is a disgrace, but it looks as though he is being called out on it so maybe it won't work this time.

Trump being emotional is a lame excuse and one that doesn't help exonerate Trump at all (remember when we were told women were too emotional to be POTUS from Trump supporters?). Anyone who obstructs justice is emotion at the time. Yet they get prison sentences.

Interfering with an investigation because you are frustrated is the very definition of corrupt motives. The coverup looks to have not worked as planned.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

I have to admit, Barr gave plenty of defenses to Trump leading up to the release, and in his presser, but he didn't redact all that could help Trump. The report so far as I read it is damning. Makes Trump out to be a fool (manipulated by Putin because of his goal to win, unknowing of the rules of campaigning) and emotionally unfit for the Presidency (which many already knew), but alarming to see it written and released.

This was clearly and unequivocally the biggest attack on America since Pearl Harbor. How the American POTUS (we now know why) and Americans allowed Putin to get away with it is outrageous as you read this.

Jaw dropping.

Thank God Americans were a little more patriotic in 1942.