Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
If you look at our depth.. TE was a very bad area.... i would say as bad as LB overall depth.. with Taylor liking multiple TEs and the need for a combo solid run blocking with WR skills this is Taylor pick for sure. A ton of LBS that were projected in 3/4 range will be out there
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As predicted folks would bytch about who was already drafted instead on mentioning it before. Irv Smith is tiny

We are physical we ain't some bytch ass wimpy team like those Tittyans.
Reply/Quote
WTF
Reply/Quote
This guy was projected as a 4th Round pick.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drew-sample?id=32195341-4d09-3961-4a51-98a97d3cf50f
Reply/Quote
They started their 6th round picks early

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
People don't realize Rams use blocking TEs. Why pick a TE that is undersized and force him to block. Rams TEs average like 28 receptions last year.
Reply/Quote
Something tells me the Bengals whiffed on this one. Honestly don't understand it after such a good first round.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Is sample the best blocking te in the draft? Ground and pound the offensive plan?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the pick, and since he is a TE for us he will more than likely bust his ankle getting off the plane once he lands at CVG.
Reply/Quote
A Tackle in the first and and in-line blocking TE in the second...I think the Bengals are going to run the football and go play action this year lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:45 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Most be looking at character guys. Both Jonah and Drew are great locker room type guys.

One way to get rid of the thugness we’ve had previously. But then again, it is football.

Reply/Quote
ESPN's status report on Drew Sample: "He is one of the best blocking tight ends in this class. ... Sample has value as a backup tight end because of his outstanding blocking and ball skills, but he will never be a good starter in the NFL"

Sounds like a guy we could have gotten in the 4th round.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you look at our depth.. TE was a very bad area.... i would say as bad as LB overall depth.. with Taylor liking multiple TEs and the need for a combo solid run blocking with WR skills this is Taylor pick for sure. A ton of LBS that were projected in 3/4 range will be out there

So true and Tight Ends get injured like crazy and they are crazy valuable when they are healthy as we all know.

Drew Sample is a very solid TE that can block so he is a starter man, another great pick.
Reply/Quote
Lindy’s has him as a sleeper pick with impressive combination of blocking and pass-catching skills. Listed as a 4th rounder. Everything else I’ve read was pretty complimentary, but also a 5th-6th round projection.
I just don’t think he was the correct pick in this round.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: WTH, give them two of our five lol

Love the Sample pick BTW, great blocker that can catch, just what we needed at TE.

What the hell were they thinking?!  Even if you like his blocking ability, he could have been had in the fifth-to-seventh rounds!

Please someone tell me that I'm dreaming and this is just a horrible nightmare.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:47 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: People don't realize Rams use blocking TEs. Why pick a TE that is undersized and force him to block. Rams TEs average like 28 receptions last year.

Yeah..but you can get this guy in the 3rd or 4th Round.

Go Metcalf here. Then get him later.

It was a huge reach.
Reply/Quote
Didn't we spend most of the past year talking about how much we need one or more LBs?
Reply/Quote
Wtf.
Reply/Quote
Stupid pick can we say Sean Brewer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I like that he's on our team. This is the exact type of TE I was hoping we'd get. The offense will be less predictable when he's the only TE on the field. Just think we could have got him later.
Reply/Quote