Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-26-2019, 09:47 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Is sample the best blocking te in the draft? Ground and pound the offensive plan?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's what I think... it's all leaning on the run game...
Reply/Quote
Guys calm down.

Sample was under utilized in college, is the best blocking TE in this class. Not quite Hochenson level in terms of skill set. The reason he is rated so low is because there is not much film on the guy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:45 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Most be looking at character guys. Both Jonah and Drew are great locker room type guys.

2020 Breaking News: The Bengals win its first Super Bowl with character guys, sends the NFL into a frenzy with British  gentleman etiquette coaches imported by all NFL teams.   Smack
Reply/Quote
Really not impressed with Sample's sample size.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...blah pick.

Williams was a no brainer in the 1st.

The later rounds require you to use analysis and this is a bit of a whiff. We have Eifert, just gave Uzomah a 3 year deal...then draft his guy who we could have likely got in 3.

True. But they’re clearly wanting to run more two TE sets. He’ll get some snaps for sure. Add in Eifert is hurt if someone farts his way it’s smart to have some insurance
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy was projected as a 4th Round pick.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drew-sample?id=32195341-4d09-3961-4a51-98a97d3cf50f

DJ just said he was higher on teams boards that wanted a blocking tight end.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Welp. They reached like crazy in the 2nd.
Let's hope they knock the 3rd round pick out of the park.
Ideally, convert these 6th round picks into another 3rd round pick along with their new 4th or something like that.
Reply/Quote
At worst he is there next round for sure. Mack Wilson would have addressed a gaping hole in the defense. Doesn't ZT want to succeed this year?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true and Tight Ends get injured like crazy and they are crazy valuable when they are healthy as we all know.

Drew Sample is a very solid TE that can block so he is a starter man, another great pick.

You're running a 3 TE offense? Are you benching AJ Green, Boyd, or Mixon? Because that is the only way he is a starter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:47 PM)Okeana Wrote: They started their 6th round picks early

Six 6th rounders aren’t enough and the NFL wasn’t going to approve us trading our 2nd for a 6th straight up. Pushed us into a corner, but we showed them!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What the hell were they thinking?!  Even if you like his blocking ability, he could have been had in the fifth-to-seventh rounds!

Please someone tell me that I'm dreaming and this is just a horrible nightmare.

You’re just a Bengals fan. It’s perpetually a nightmare
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy was projected as a 4th Round pick.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drew-sample?id=32195341-4d09-3961-4a51-98a97d3cf50f

seen 3rd round also.. they had him rated higher.. they probably had this as their 2nd round pick on board.. if they could move back.. 

I like this pick with feeling Taylor really had the influence in making this pic.. TEs will be a big part of his scheme..   we just added more strength also for Mixon to run.. 
Reply/Quote
https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/2/8/18214906/2019-nfl-draft-interview-drew-sample-washington

JM: That does it for my questions tonight Drew. When a team uses one of their draft picks on Drew Sample, what kind of guy are they getting?

DS: They’re getting a competitor. They’re getting someone who works their butt off in order to help the team. I think I’m someone that can contribute in a lot of different ways whether that’s on offense or special teams. I think I can really add some value to a team. I’m a perfectionist. I put in a lot of film work to ensure I don’t mess up an assignment. I’m committed to this game and committed to making whichever team drafts me a better football team. I’m a versatile guy. These are the things that set me apart. I can come in and play a lot of different positions, whether that’s Y or H. I can do a lot of different things in the passing game and the run game. I think teams will realize that I can help them out in a number of ways. That’s why someone is gonna take a chance on me.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Zac must think he’s only allowed to select players with 6th round GRADES.

Seriously, this is just flat awful. The Bungles just don’t understand the draft
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Damn though, I wanted Adderley, Thornhill, or Allen.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Guys calm down.  

Sample was under utilized in college, is the best blocking TE in this class. Not quite Hochenson level in terms of skill set.  The reason he is rated so low is because there is not much film on the guy.

bu..bu..but we have Eifert... and that guy we recently signed.  Was Sample taken to replace Kroft?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:47 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Is sample the best blocking te in the draft? Ground and pound the offensive plan?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Either him or Foster Moreau from LSU.
Reply/Quote
Max Sharping is my dude. Thought we could get him in the 3rd
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
How many 3rd round picks do we have?
Reply/Quote
Horrible pick. A joke. Just, wow.
Reply/Quote