Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
Not overly worried about getting a linebacker. Joseph, Wilson, Hanks, Pratt all still there.

If Metcalf continues to fall, it might be time to consider.

I think Zach Allen is the player I want more than any other right now. I'd be pleased with DreMont Jones or Winovich, too.

Dieter from Wisconsin would be a nice add at OG.

They can make up for screwing up the second rounder pretty quick.
Reply/Quote
Cards took one the the few players this year shorter than their new QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bengals selected Washington TE Drew Sample with the No. 52 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

This is a reach for a tight end who caught 46 passes TOTAL in his college career, but it is possible there is some untapped upside. Sample (6’5/255) started all four years for the Huskies, never earning higher than honorable mention All-Pac 12. He mainly generated scout plaudits for his blocking; an old-school, in-line "Y" tight end, PFF College graded Sample as one of the nation’s best run blockers in 2018, and he dropped 0-of-25 catchable targets. Sample tested better than expected in the forty (4.71) and three-cone (7.15) at the Combine, suggesting he may have untapped potential as a receiver. His ceiling is probably in the Jack Doyle range.

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/37899/drew-sample

I may be stupid but who is Jack Doyle?  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I called that Dolphins trade down then trade for Rosen, for what it's worth.

..and I called you would say that FWIW
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
At this point trade pick 72 for darron lee. Have to do something that big to get over the horrible horrible second round pick
Reply/Quote
Why isn't Tyreek Hill announcing the KC picks?

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think his abilities or potential are a question at all. 

It's where he was drafted. 

If they end up getting a 2nd round rated guy in the third round, will it even matter all that much?

I remember a few years ago when everyone was like "The Bengals should take Andrew Billings in the second round!" and then it was "The Bengals should take Andrew Billings in the third round!" and then it was "The Bengals should take Andrew Billings in the fourth round!" where they eventually did end up taking him. They had a better feel for his value than most posters here did.

Let's let it all play out.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:24 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: That dude has no clue honestly, just like everyone else here.

We have no idea how NFL teams are ranking guys, this idea that we traded back and missed out on all thr guys we wanted is nonsense with no evidence to back it up, same with people claiming hed be on the board 1-3 rounds from now.

I dont love the pick but all these people claiming they know what the Bengals or any other NFL team were gonna do are just full of shit.

My multiple Super Bowl victories in Madden say otherwise. 
Reply/Quote
It would be funny as heck if Rosen pans out for Miami while Murray busts in Arizona...
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Cards took one the the few players this year shorter than their new QB.

So in theory they got a 5'9 WR with what...a top 10 pick and the picks they used to trade up to get Rosen in the first place?  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I may be stupid but who is Jack Doyle?  

Colts inline TE. He had really nice 2016 and 2017 seasons.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:26 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: At this point trade pick 72 for darron lee. Have to do something that big to get over the horrible horrible second round pick

Lee will probably be available for less than that. The Jets FA acquisitions have made Lee expendable. Might get him for a 5th or 6th.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I may be stupid but who is Jack Doyle?  

One of Andrew Luck's favorite weapons. Top 5-10 fantasy TE. 
Reply/Quote
Reds are beating the Sample out of the Cards, so that’s good
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
OK, 3rd RD. Who are we hoping 4

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: It would be funny as heck if Rosen pans out for Miami while Murray busts in Arizona...

AZ only comes out of this not looking immensly stupid if Murray is very good and Rosen is very bad.  Both of those things have to happen.  At any rate, the exchange of a QB you spent a top 10 pick and more to move up to get for a WR at #62 is just....not good.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A clip from Sample's career.

[Image: th?id=OIP.0on4xPqKtgKjcB5g6jTFlAHaFj&pid...=207&h=156]

The pick got a D+ guys.

Well, clearly, Sample is rated low because of his hygiene.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: It would be funny as heck if Rosen pans out for Miami while Murray busts in Arizona...

Rosen got an instant line upgrade with the pick. It’ll be interesting to see what he can do with a clean-ish pocket instead of a matador line.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why isn't Tyreek Hill announcing the KC picks?

He got beat for the job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Even Sample was like, “WTF are you guys doing?”

Drew Sample said he and his agent were thinking he would go in the third or fourth round maybe, so even he was a little surprised. #Bengals
Reply/Quote