Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
It's even easier to be complete homers on a Bengals board and believe everything this team does is great because of your explicit and confirmation bias. Rather than defend their analysis it's easy to attack the person morally. And yet the fact remains when you go watch the interviews of these coaches defending the picks one is easily reminded these are a lot of coaches that look drastically out of their depth. these are not proven and confident NFL coaches. It is also apparent they were given a lot of pull on these picks given they were telling them the first night over dinner they liked them and would draft them. I mean let that sink in. we drafted a guy because the coach liked to hang out with him. So nice. Probably got that from Belichek.

You can be happy and attack us whiners and be happy with the first 4 picks you got a 3rd string TE and a backup QB. yippee! Revel in the fact you got a new guard who might start and a backup defensive tackle! Weeeee!!!!!!

Meanwhile the rest of the division is crushing it.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:00 PM)yang Wrote: It's even easier to be complete homers on a Bengals board and believe everything this team does is great because of your explicit and confirmation bias.  Rather than defend their analysis it's easy to attack the person morally.  And yet the fact remains when you go watch the interviews of these coaches defending the picks one is easily reminded these are a lot of coaches that look drastically out of their depth.  these are not proven and confident NFL coaches.  It is also apparent they were given a lot of pull on these picks given they were telling them the first night over dinner they liked them and would draft them.  I mean let that sink in.  we drafted a guy because the coach liked to hang out with him.  So nice.  Probably got that from Belichek.

You can be happy and attack us whiners and be happy with the first 4 picks you got a 3rd string TE and a backup QB.  yippee!   Revel in the fact you got a new guard who might start and a backup defensive tackle!  Weeeee!!!!!!

derp.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:00 PM)yang Wrote: It's even easier to be complete homers on a Bengals board and believe everything this team does is great because of your explicit and confirmation bias.  Rather than defend their analysis it's easy to attack the person morally.  And yet the fact remains when you go watch the interviews of these coaches defending the picks one is easily reminded these are a lot of coaches that look drastically out of their depth.  these are not proven and confident NFL coaches.  It is also apparent they were given a lot of pull on these picks given they were telling them the first night over dinner they liked them and would draft them.  I mean let that sink in.  we drafted a guy because the coach liked to hang out with him.  So nice.  

You can be happy and attack us whiners a
nd be happy with the first 4 picks you got a 3rd string TE and a backup QB.  yippee!   Revel in the fact you got a new guard who might start and a backup defensive tackle!  Weeeee!!!!!!

It's cool. I am not optimistic we can get back to the playoffs, but either way lots of other things to worry about in life, the Bengals win and loss record is way down the list. Being liked on a message board is further down that worry list.

No one is personally attacking you, frankly we don't care about your mental well being.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:00 PM)yang Wrote: It's even easier to be complete homers on a Bengals board and believe everything this team does is great because of your explicit and confirmation bias.  Rather than defend their analysis it's easy to attack the person morally.  And yet the fact remains when you go watch the interviews of these coaches defending the picks one is easily reminded these are a lot of coaches that look drastically out of their depth.  these are not proven and confident NFL coaches.  It is also apparent they were given a lot of pull on these picks given they were telling them the first night over dinner they liked them and would draft them.  I mean let that sink in.  we drafted a guy because the coach liked to hang out with him.  So nice.  Probably got that from Belichek.

You can be happy and attack us whiners and be happy with the first 4 picks you got a 3rd string TE and a backup QB.  yippee!   Revel in the fact you got a new guard who might start and a backup defensive tackle!  Weeeee!!!!!!

You are so cute.  You seriously think we draft a guy because the coach likes to hang out with him. That is just precious.

And for some reason you do not even realize we got the #1 offensive lineman in the draft.  Thanks for proving to everyone how much you know about what is going on.

Your troll game is weak.  Maybe you can be better next year with a little more practice.
Reply/Quote

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry 

Shut up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:00 PM)yang Wrote: It's even easier to be complete homers on a Bengals board and believe everything this team does is great because of your explicit and confirmation bias. Rather than defend their analysis it's easy to attack the person morally. And yet the fact remains when you go watch the interviews of these coaches defending the picks one is easily reminded these are a lot of coaches that look drastically out of their depth. these are not proven and confident NFL coaches. It is also apparent they were given a lot of pull on these picks given they were telling them the first night over dinner they liked them and would draft them. I mean let that sink in. we drafted a guy because the coach liked to hang out with him. So nice. Probably got that from Belichek.

You can be happy and attack us whiners and be happy with the first 4 picks you got a 3rd string TE and a backup QB. yippee! Revel in the fact you got a new guard who might start and a backup defensive tackle! Weeeee!!!!!!

Sounds like you have a bias against the Bengals Yang. Bonnie must of got to you.

Bottom line, the Bengals got Jonah Williams and Germaine Pratt, instant starters and Sample could be a starter too with his blocking prowess. The Ravens might be crushing this Draft but so are we in my opinion and last i checked the Ravens have frickin' Lamar Jackson as their QB who is easy to keep in check as long as you keep him in the pocket.

The Stains are a team ready to implode with diva players. Almost feel sorry for them. The Steelers are on the brink. If anything this Division is up for grabs and we are sitting in the perfect position to take the Crown.
Reply/Quote

Thought you switched to a Browns fan last night anyhow. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 04:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The issue is, people who took Sample in the 2nd AND people who deemed him a 4th round pick BOTH know more about football than me. It's quite the conundrum.

The Bengal coaches who took Sample are the ones with a plan to rebuild the team. They know what they need. The media “experts” miss in their projections regularly. They are also not typically well versed in the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
It's been a safe and not flashy draft. Fine for our young first year HC and play caller. We weren't fixing everything in one year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

I've followed the Bengals since the beginning. Any Bengal fan knows not to get his hopes too high. Your bile, however, is a bit much. 

Consider this quote from Rob Rang with CbsSports after our 2015 draft: Like the Ravens, the Bengals do a nice job of using the draft as it is intended - to develop young talent to fill holes left by free agent defections. Tackles Andrew Whitworth and Andre Smith are each entering the final year of their respective contracts, which gives the club time to let Cedric Ogbuehi -- a top 10 talent -- heal from the torn ACL that ended his 2014 season prematurely. The Bengals assured that tackle wouldn't be an issue with Jake Fisher in the second round, a prospect many clubs viewed as a first-round talent. Linebacker Paul Dawson could prove the next version of Vontaze Burfict -- a future starter who slid because of poor workouts and off-field issues. Watch out for hard-hitting defensive back Josh Shaw and up-and-coming defensive lineman Marcus Hardison to surprise as middle-round picks. 

Mel Kiper gave the Bengals a B+ for the same draft.

Sometimes it doesn't work like the pundits figure it will.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 04:52 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Well we dont sign free agents unless they are 35 years old. I hope we trade for lee but thats a doubt as well

I wonder if London Fletcher wants another paycheck? Seriously though, the LB Group is still terrible. It boggles the mind that the team has only drafted one linebacker. Any of the best Day 3 choices would have been a major improvement over Finley. Now that coverage portion of this draft class has been picked clean I’m sure a Terril Hanks-esque plodder is going to be drafted in the late 6th.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 04:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I admit, I was going full snowflake crybaby until Marvin left.  As much ad I roll my eyes at the over use of the snowflake term, its better than the old days when people would say that people who were complaining were acting like women.

Lol. Good point. Since I’m a woman, using that analogy would not work for me.
Reply/Quote

Eh.  All of our star players haven't gotten us a playoff victory in 30 years.  What's their primetime record also lately?  Let's give the new coaching staff a chance to build and run their team the way they like.  
Reply/Quote
Any WR's, CB's, or LB's worth picking in the 6th or 7th? Who's left?
Reply/Quote
So if the old regime had kept Hill, Walton would not have been kept and an issue and we wouldnt even be drafting a RB. Oh well.... that's how it rolls sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Okay lets all make room for the guys who were squealing about taking Samples 2 rounds early because I am sure they will be pouring in here to congratulate the Bengals for getting a player 2 rounds later than he was projected. . .

Any minute now. . .

I am sure they are on their way. . .
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 04:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: There are a lot of whiny crybabies on this board. I also wanted new coaches. I also know that they know a lot more about how to rebuild a team than I do.

That's almost admitting to not being smarter than all the coaches in the league combined! Turn in your Bengals Board "Smarter than all the coaches combined" card Bonnie.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: That's almost admitting to not being smarter than all the coaches in the league combined! Turn in your Bengals Board "Smarter than all the coaches combined" card Bonnie.. 

It’s in the mail.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:13 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I wonder if London Fletcher wants another paycheck?  Seriously though, the LB Group is still terrible.  It boggles the mind that the team has only drafted one linebacker.  Any of the best Day 3 choices would have been a major improvement over Finley.   Now that coverage portion of this draft class has been picked clean I’m sure a Terril Hanks-esque plodder is going to be drafted in the late 6th.

If the Bengals get Hodge, he is a beast but played for a small school.  Hansen is older but similar to Pratt as a former safety that can run to the ball.  There are still some backers available.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:10 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The Bengal coaches who took Sample are the ones with a plan to rebuild the team. They know what they need. The media “experts” miss in their projections regularly. They are also not typically well versed in the Bengals.

That’s a good point. As the Bengals are not a big market team, analysts often make outlandish mistakes.

Anyway, let’s look at this draft and see if we can tell anything about the overall team philosophy from whom was selected. I think we can. From what I can see, Zac Taylor wants to primarily run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense. Every good team does these things.
Reply/Quote