Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
(05-27-2019, 10:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Im not trashing Dalton, I'm just pointing out that he only beat 1 team with a winning record his rookie year and that is a fact. 

Also, Mayfield is on a team that went 1-31 the prior 2 years so what's the point in bringing up the 4-12 2010 Bengals?

Anyways, I'm not trashing Dalton just saying neither he nor Mayfield proved they could beat winning teams their rookie year.  Im just trying to put things in perspective since the "only beat 1 winning team" mantra is getting repeated so often.

Was the national media anointing Andy Dalton as the next sure-fire great QB, or the Bengals as contenders after not lighting it up against any winning teams his rookie year? No. They had to prove that they were for real (and it took a few good years for them to even do that). I'd like to see Baker and the Browns do the same before we cancel the season and hand Cleveland the division championship already.

Hell, I'm sure there were fans on these boards (or the old ones, wherever we were at the time) criticizing the 2011 Bengals and Andy Dalton for not actually beating anybody. It's a reasonable thing to point out.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Gerald McCoy is at a barbeque today.

How do you think he likes his burgers?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 11:38 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: So what about McCoy? Somebody should start a thread about that.

Well... You know he visited Cleveland. I went there last year myself. Let's talk about Baker Mayfield and OBJ some more.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 01:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like Gerald McCoy is at a barbeque today.

Nah... He's out decorating graves at the local cemetery.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 01:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like Gerald McCoy is at a barbeque today.

BIG.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
GERALD?

I thought this was about Colt McCoy replacing Andy.

Colt struggled in Cleveland, but back then any QB would have. He posted a 93 passer rating while he was in Washington in a system that fit his skills.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, but isn't hard to game plan against him. Keep him in the pocket and make him beat you passing the ball.

Exactly, the way the Chargers played him is the way to play Lamar.

Yes, now we should be prepared, Mayfield is a good passer which is why he worries me a bit more. He is also a diva though and adding OBJ to him could be a bad combination, we will see how these guys handle losing, might not be pretty...

If it was so easy to gameplan against Lamar Jackson, more teams would have shut him down last year. I don’t think it’s as easy to keep him in the pocket as it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: GERALD?

I thought this was about Colt McCoy replacing Andy.

Colt struggled in Cleveland, but back then any QB would have.  He posted a 93 passer rating while he was in Washington in a system that fit his skills.

Funny, I remember when people on the old boards used to say Andy = Colt McCoy. How silly does that look now?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 12:29 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Was the national media anointing Andy Dalton as the next sure-fire great QB, or the Bengals as contenders after not lighting it up against any winning teams his rookie year? No. They had to prove that they were for real (and it took a few good years for them to even do that). I'd like to see Baker and the Browns do the same before we cancel the season and hand Cleveland the division championship already.

Hell, I'm sure there were fans on these boards (or the old ones, wherever we were at the time) criticizing the 2011 Bengals and Andy Dalton for not actually beating anybody. It's a reasonable thing to point out.

I assure you plenty of people think the Browns will implode and the Steelers will win the afc north. The Steelers are bring hailed as a sneaky underdog that is minus two me-first divas and ready to show the media that apparently also loves the Browns who really rules the afc north.

Their bs narrative is strong.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 02:00 PM)jason Wrote: Well... You know  he visited Cleveland. I went there last year myself. Let's talk about Baker Mayfield and OBJ some more.

There are plenty of posts in here about a FA who probably won't even pay us a visit.  The whole Mayfield side discussion Is due to people wondering why McCoy would want to go 3-13 in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 01:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like Gerald McCoy is at a barbeque today.

Black.

Like his men.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 02:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Funny, I remember when people on the old boards used to say Andy = Colt McCoy. How silly does that look now?

Not that silly. Or would you rather compare him to Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assure you plenty of people think the Browns will implode and the Steelers will win the afc north.  The Steelers are bring hailed as a sneaky underdog that is minus two me-first divas and ready to show the media that apparently also loves the Browns who really rules the afc north.

I have a lot more faith in Pittsburgh going into next year than I do Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
Still hoping we sign McCoy !
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 04:47 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Not that silly.  Or would you rather compare him to Tom Brady.

I would list their resumes to illustrate how silly it turned out to be, but I have a feeling that won't change your mind.

I've never seen anyone on these boards say Dalton is as good as Tom Brady. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 04:48 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Still hoping we sign McCoy !

He doesn't seem to be in any sort of rush. I imagine the first team he visits with that meets his salary demands will get him.
Reply/Quote
How did a thread about Gerald McCoy end up being a thread about AFCN QB's, and some people taking a shot at Dalton? I'll never understand some people here. smh
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 06:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've never seen anyone on these boards say Dalton is as good as Tom Brady. 

I've seen people on this board claim that Dalton would win multiple SBs with the Patriots. That is almost as absurd.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 02:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Funny, I remember when people on the old boards used to say Andy = Colt McCoy. How silly does that look now?

There was some guy on one of the old Bengals boards that used to say that the Bengals needed to trade for McCoy to be their starter. I think it was when McCoy was with Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assure you plenty of people think the Browns will implode and the Steelers will win the afc north.  The Steelers are bring hailed as a sneaky underdog that is minus two me-first divas and ready to show the media that apparently also loves the Browns who really rules the afc north.

They have a HOF QB and the #1 offensive line in football. They have that going for them. Also Juju put up HUGE numbers last year.

They need other WR's to step up though.

Bush and Nelson should help their defense.

That said, I doubt they're a dominant team, but they could win 9-10 games.

The Browns...they should win 10 games. We shall see. Having too much talent at the skill positions is way better than not enough.
Reply/Quote