Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to DHS: Can't we just nuke hurricanes?
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/politics/donald-trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes/index.html

Trump asked if we could just nuke hurricanes to disrupt them before they get to the US. It is allegedly not his first time saying it either.

He denied it this morning in a tweet.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Can't argue with that logic.
(08-26-2019, 11:29 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/politics/donald-trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes/index.html

Trump asked if we could just nuke hurricanes to disrupt them before they get to the US. It is allegedly not his first time saying it either.

I read an interesting story about how this "theory" was discussed back after we dropped the bomb on Japan.

I don't know if DJT really discussed it or not, but the simple/sad fact is he says and does so many bat guano crazy things on a daily basis that it is believable that the would think this way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-26-2019, 11:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Can't argue with that logic.

[Image: gotta%2Bnuke%2Bsomething_thumb%255B1%255D?imgmax=800]

Apparently it's frequently brought up to the point NOAA has a statement about it.

https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
How has no one made a Nathan Explosion reference yet?  Are there no Metalocaplyse fans here?
(08-26-2019, 11:58 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Apparently it's frequently brought up to the point NOAA has a statement about it.

https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html

That's what got me about this. Apparently it's not only Trump that has floated this over the years. Who the actual hell would think that it would be a viable idea?
(08-26-2019, 12:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: How has no one made a Nathan Explosion reference yet?  Are there no Metalocaplyse fans here?

I haven't watched that show in 12 years, so the reference is lost on me. 

(08-26-2019, 02:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I haven't watched that show in 12 years, so the reference is lost on me. 

https://youtu.be/yDqwlAU2QYs
To be fair, that's we did when the meteor was heading to earth and Liv Tyler had to team up with Bruce Wayne. Meteors are natural, so it's not illogical to think nuking other natural disasters would work too.

What's the science say about preemptive strokes on techtonic plates?
(08-26-2019, 11:29 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/politics/donald-trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes/index.html

I mean it might work.  You can use it next time you explain Pyrrhic victory to your students.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-26-2019, 12:35 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That's what got me about this. Apparently it's not only Trump that has floated this over the years. Who the actual hell would think that it would be a viable idea?

I'm assuming people who don't understand science.

Now the good news is that people who DO understand science have managed (thus far) to keep the dumb people from doing it after they asked.

Smirk
(08-26-2019, 04:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm assuming people who don't understand science.

LMFAO.....I honestly haven't bothered to dissect whether Trump is an absolute idiot, or the GOAT troll....

Newsflash - Trump isn't actually this stupid.  No one is except, apparently, the far left media ********.  And their legion of useful idiots.
--------------------------------------------------------

(08-27-2019, 03:35 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LMFAO.....I honestly haven't bothered to dissect whether Trump is an absolute idiot, or the GOAT troll....

Newsflash - Trump isn't actually this stupid.  No one is except, apparently, the far left media ********.  And their legion of useful idiots.

Cool

I'll just assume you have never, ever heard him answer a question over the past 30+ years.  Or speak without a teleprompter.  Or with one sometimes. Smirk
I'll just leave this one here under "Trump isn't that stupid".

Quote:White House debunks Trump's claim about Melania

President Donald Trump gave a joint news conference Monday with French President Emmanuel Macron before his departure from the G7 summit in France. He then stuck around to take additional questions by himself.

Trump made at least eight false claims, seven of which he had made before. (The new one was an odd claim about Melania Trump and Kim Jong Un.) And he made at least five claims that we'll call misleading, questionable or lacking in context.

False claims

Melania Trump and Kim Jong Un

"The first lady has gotten to know Kim Jong Un, and I think she would agree with me he is a man with a country that has tremendous potential," Trump said.

Facts FirstMelania Trump was not present for any of Trump's three meetings with Kim Jong Un, and there is no evidence she has ever spoken to Kim.

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement later Monday: "President Trump confides in his wife on many issues including the detailed elements of his strong relationship with Chairman Kim -- and while the First Lady hasn't met him, the President feels like she's gotten to know him too."

We're still calling the statement false. Trump's phrasing, "gotten to know," clearly suggested some level of personal interaction between Melania Trump and Kim.

When the White House has to issue a spin correction of what the POTUS says about his own wife we might have issues.

BTW, many, MANY more corrections about what Trump said at the link.
I have a hard time to believe this.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(08-26-2019, 04:11 PM)Benton Wrote: To be fair, that's we did when the meteor was heading to earth and Liv Tyler had to team up with Bruce Wayne. Meteors are natural, so it's not illogical to think nuking other natural disasters would work too.

What's the science say about preemptive strokes on techtonic plates?

That it'd 100% work, but the whole world would be subjected to a slow motion Steven Tyler ballad. 

The cost was deemed too steep, so they decided to keep letting places get earthquakes instead.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Social media is all abuzz because with another Hurricane heading towards Puerto Rico, the "fear" is this was just an excuse to Nuke Puerto Rico to avoid assistance.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump · 1h1 hour ago
Wow! Yet another big storm heading to Puerto Rico. Will it ever end? Congress approved 92 Billion Dollars for Puerto Rico last year, an all time record of its kind for “anywhere.”

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-27-2019, 02:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Social media is all abuzz because with another Hurricane heading towards Puerto Rico, the "fear" is this was just an excuse to Nuke Puerto Rico to avoid assistance.

I sometimes get the feeling that the anti-Trump parts of social media want Trump to use a nuke about 5000% more than even Trump wants to use a nuke, just so they could say they were right.

A Scale of 1-10, 1 being least wanting to use a nuke on people, 10 being most...

1: Sane Normal People
2: Trump, Israel, Russia
3: North Korea
4:
5: Iran
6:
7:
8:
9:
10: Anti-Trump Twitter

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I like the little mental gymnastics some people with overvalued pride utilize to stave away the realization they were had by a fool.