Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Abortion Question
(10-07-2015, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If she accepts it fine.  then she is voluntarily giving up her rights to make decisions about her own body.  But the government can not force her to give them up.

How many of your individual freedoms have you given up as a result of the mistakes you made?  

It could be that you do not undertstand the phrase "accept responsibility". 

If she chooses to keep the child what right is she voluntarily giving up? 

I'm giving up the same individual freedom that anyone else is giving up to accept their responsibility. The right not to accept it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-07-2015, 06:00 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: The problem is that you keep seeing pro-choicers citing biological facts to support their position, often with links to sources. Do you understand the difference between someone using facts to support their words, and someone merely throwing out words without connecting them to reality?

You mean links like this:

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/embryoquotes2.html

Yeah, I've never saw a pro lifer point to any biological facts. They always seem to want to get into a debate of when "viable" life begins...........Hey wait a minute. 

(10-07-2015, 01:36 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: This thread repeatedly proves one thing: literally, the only thing pro-lifers have is a bag of rhetorical tricks. Fetus=baby. Abortion=murder. Mother=irresponsible. Etc. Al. Doesn't matter how much proof you give them to correct this misinformation; they will play coy and then go right back to them once you've made your point.

You have that backwards there. Ask pro-choicers when life begins and you'll get all kinds of answers. Ask pro-lifers when life begins and you'll get pretty much the same answer from most of them (at conception).

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/01/08/41-quotes-from-medical-textbooks-prove-human-life-begins-at-conception/

(Fair warning, that link is to an OBVIOUS pro life website)
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-07-2015, 09:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You have that backwards there. Ask pro-choicers when life begins and you'll get all kinds of answers. Ask pro-lifers when life begins and you'll get pretty much the same answer from most of them (at conception).

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/01/08/41-quotes-from-medical-textbooks-prove-human-life-begins-at-conception/

(Fair warning, that link is to an OBVIOUS pro life website)

Like I predicted about 420 posts ago: The pro-choice side just chooses to ignore science.

(10-07-2015, 09:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You have that backwards there. Ask pro-choicers when life begins and you'll get all kinds of answers.

If anyone here has stated that a zygote is not a living thing, I haven't seen it.

This whole "when does life begin" thing is a strawman, and that's my point from the beginning of this thread. The question is not whether a fetus is "alive", the questions are a. what kind of life does it possess? and b. is there any reason to grant this kind of life any more rights than a million other simple life-forms that people have no problem destroying?
(10-07-2015, 06:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You mean links like this:

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/embryoquotes2.html

Yeah, I've never saw a pro lifer point to any biological facts. They always seem to want to get into a debate of when "viable" life begins...........Hey wait a minute. 

And around the circle we go.

Question: what kind of rights do you think a shrimp is entitled to, since they are smarter and more complex than a 6 week old fetus?
Ok, pro-lifers........you are a 24 year old woman who is brutally gang raped in downtown Chicago.  You become pregnant because of said act. Are you keeping that baby?   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(10-08-2015, 01:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ok, pro-lifers........you are a 24 year old woman who is brutally gang raped in downtown Chicago.  You become pregnant because of said act. Are you keeping that baby?   

There's only two ways they can respond to this:

a. the evasive way, by saying "THAT ALMOST NEVER HAPPENS"

or

b. the truthful way, by saying "I WOULD JUST PRAY TO THE LAWD TO HELP ME LUV DAT BABY CUZ PRAYING DOES STUFFS AND IT AIN'T THE BABY'S FAULT I GOT RAPED IT'S MINE FOR DRESSIN' BAD AND BEIN' OUT IN DA CITY WITHOUT A MAN"
(10-08-2015, 01:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ok, pro-lifers........you are a 24 year old woman who is brutally gang raped in downtown Chicago.  You become pregnant because of said act. Are you keeping that baby?   

I would like to think I would keep the baby; however, you are asking a question I'm not sure that anyone that hasn't experienced the trama could answer.

(10-08-2015, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would like to think I would keep the baby;

Really?  I call bullshit.
(10-08-2015, 01:21 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Really?  I call bullshit.

Why did you cut the post short?

(10-08-2015, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why did you cut the post short?

You told me everything I needed to know with what I quoted.
(10-08-2015, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would like to think I would keep the baby; however, you are asking a question I'm not sure that anyone that hasn't experienced the trama could answer.

The answer is:  Its the decision of the woman.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-08-2015, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would like to think I would keep the baby; however, you are asking a question I'm not sure that anyone that hasn't experienced the trama could answer.

Ok, if you are keeping that baby, that's great.  That's awesome!  I mean that with all heartfelt honesty.  You are a better person than me for that, because I cannot say the same thing.  I would not want to keep it.  I didn't want to be raped.  I didn't want to have a baby.  I don't want the responsibility of providing for that child. Yes, I could give it up, but I don't want to even go thru the pregnancy of the child.  Its not my fault this happened to me, why should I suffer thru another 9 months of this trauma?

If you agree with me in this scenario, welcome to the Pro-Choice side.     
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(10-08-2015, 01:39 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ok, if you are keeping that baby, that's great.  That's awesome!  I mean that with all heartfelt honesty.  You are a better person than me for that, because I cannot say the same thing.  I would not to keep it.  I didn't want to be raped.  I didn't want to have a baby.  I don't want the responsibility of providing for that child. Yes, I could give it up, but I don't want to even go thru the pregnancy of the child.  Its not my fault this happened to me, why should I suffer thru another 9 months of this trauma?

If you agree with me in this scenario, welcome to the Pro-Choice side.     

So you equate the results and trama of rape with those of consensual sex?

As I said, I would like to think I would keep it. I cannot answer with any certainty.

Call 'bullshit' if you will.

(10-08-2015, 01:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: The answer is:  Its the decision of the woman.

Read the question posed more slowly and then tell me how that is the answer.

(10-08-2015, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you equate the results and trama of rape with those of consensual sex?

As I said, I would like to think I would keep it. I cannot answer with any certainty.

Call 'bullshit' if you will.

I'm not calling you anything.

No, the results of rape and consensual sex are different.   But if you agree in my example above, I cannot see how you can say you are anything but Pro-Choice. Who am I to tell that woman she HAS to keep that baby? 

(10-08-2015, 01:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Who am I to tell that woman she HAS to keep that baby? 

Who are you to condone a death sentence to a child that she was a willing participant in creating?

(10-08-2015, 01:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who are you to condone a death sentence to a child that she was a willing participant in creating?

She was RAPED!!!!  Not a willing participant in anything. 

(10-08-2015, 01:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: She was RAPED!!!!  Not a willing participant in anything. 

Oh, we're back to your hypothetical; I thought you were merely giving a general stance on Pro-Choice.

Nowhere did I say a rape victim should be required to keep the child.