Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL: Marshawn Lynch OUT Sunday vs Bengals
(10-09-2015, 06:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And their O-line is struggling big time as well, already giving up 6 sacks in 2 different games and 18 overall.

Yep, I was going to mention this.  This Seattle team is one in great disarray, on the offensive side of the ball.  If the Bengal passing attack starts clicking early in the game, this one could get ugly for the Seachickens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't underestimate Rawls. I saw the kid ball out for CMU last year. I know Chicago has a bad D, but he did rush for 104 on them a couple weeks ago.

Obviously he's not Lynch, but I heard he was ahead of Fred Jackson on the depth chart.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Who's gonna be the first Mo Mo that says they would rather play Seattle with if him in there?
Reply/Quote
That's a shame for Seattle and also us as it would have been a good test. We have to not over pursue on the pass rush though or Wilson will step up and run all over us. Keep somebody on Wilson Paulie.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:00 PM)The Dangler Wrote: Who's gonna be the first Mo Mo that says they would rather play Seattle with if him in there?

I guess that would be me. We are pretty good at stopping RB's, running Qb's on the other hand..

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 05:13 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: Big news for Bengals fans..Marshawn Lynch ruled out this Sunday vs Bengals.  

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/652577077540077568

On one hand it's a nice advantage.  On the other hand, they'll say our win doesn't matter because Lynch wasn't playing.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:20 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: On one hand it's a nice advantage.  On the other hand, they'll say our win doesn't matter because Lynch wasn't playing.

Should the Bengals be able to put up some big points against their vaunted defense, it won't really matter who didn't play on Seattle's offensive squad..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:11 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I guess that would be me. We are pretty good at stopping RB's, running Qb's on the other hand..

They sacked RGIII five times when we played the Redskins a couple seasons ago.  
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:20 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: On one hand it's a nice advantage.  On the other hand, they'll say our win doesn't matter because Lynch wasn't playing.

I hear ya Bonnie but I say a win is a win and let the haters hate. 

Screw 'em. 

Just like the wins people got against us last year when we were beleaguered.

No one in the media made any references about any teams that beat us that ended up in the playoffs while Green or Burfict was out, etc. 

Let people talk - and they will - but a W is all that matters. 
Reply/Quote

That crossed my mind, but honestly the media is starting to warm up to the Bengals again. 

The main story lines will be 5-0 and the play of Dalton (if he continues his hot streak). Of course they'll also start talking about whether or not the Seahawks are done at 2-3 and Lynch obviously on the downside of his career.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That's a shame.

We would have beaten them with him anyway.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Don't underestimate Rawls. I saw the kid ball out for CMU last year. I know Chicago has a bad D, but he did rush for 104 on them a couple weeks ago.

Obviously he's not Lynch, but I heard he was ahead of Fred Jackson on the depth chart.

157 yards on 35 carries so far.

SEA had Lynch, Turbin and Michael on its preseason roster with this guy, got rid of those two, signed Jackson, Lynch gets hurt and this guy ends up having the most carries in the first 4 weeks. Been a merry-go-round.

No one can run without Unger at C anymore though. He could mask Britt and Sweezy's incompetence better.
Reply/Quote
One of the Seahawk's message boards had already decided the Hawks wouldn't score any points offensively even before the news about Marshawn. They seem to think they will win because their defense and special teams will score and our offense will be helpless against the Legion of Boom.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:25 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: They sacked RGIII five times when we played the Redskins a couple seasons ago.  

A couple of seasons ago we had Burfict and a better secondary as well. Look, all i'm saying is keep someone on Wilson because if we don't get to him he will step up and take off...and sometimes our line over pursues leaving that lane wide open.

Reply/Quote
Bummer.

Keep Wilson in the pocket and we should have a good day.
Reply/Quote

Meh, the people who would say that sort of thing would have just made up another excuse if we had beaten them with Lynch. 

Guess my fantasy team's loss is our real team's gain. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
As a Bengals fan, this good news. One less thing the D has to worry about. As a football fan, it stinks. Would have liked to see him in action, live. Oh well.
Reply/Quote

They (media, talking heads, football universe) will find a way to downplay us regardless, so let them say it doesn't matter, but guess who will still be 5 and 0?!

Rock On

I really don't care at this point, but I do hope that we start giving Hill the ball again.

We need his style of run (with Dalton under center) to grind out these tough games.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 05:13 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: Big news for Bengals fans..Marshawn Lynch ruled out this Sunday vs Bengals.  

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/652577077540077568

Release the hounds

Let the Big Dogs eat

Bring the Fire

Unleash the fury

Whatever the metaphor, without a running game to respect, play the receivers tight and bring pressure. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 11:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Release the hounds

Let the Big Dogs eat

Bring the Fire

Unleash the fury
Measure twice, cut once.
A penny saved is a penny earned.
A sprinkle a day helps keep odor away.
I'm getting too old for this shit.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote