Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
(11-26-2019, 11:28 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: It's really crazy to see that the Steelers still have a winning record with all of the injuries they have had. If Ben was healthy and still there, this Steelers team would be humming along. 

Yeah, I'll admit when they were 0-4 or 1-4 or whatever and traded their 1st round pick for Minkah I was thinking they were going to go 3-13 or so and really blew it.  Shows what I know.  They do more stuff than we do and they win more than we do.  I can't get mad, it's fair really.  It's like the Steelers and Bengals game...both QBs were playing like crap but the Steelers made a change and we didn't and they won and we didn't.

Meh, winning...it's overrated I guess.  The Steelers swept us again...oh well let's just talk about how losing is what is going to make us better.  Thank god we aren't winning.

(11-26-2019, 11:26 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I hate to break it to you but 1-15 isn't much different than 0-16.

Statistically speaking, it is.  Going 0-16 would put us in some very elite bad company since 2 teams have finished 0-16 and 10 teams have finished 1-15 and other than the Browns prior to the 0-16 year and the 1-15 Rams that one year I can't think of the 1-15 teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And to think that some people thought Chad Johnson would be a problem to have around the team.

LMAO

Who knew that Zac would run the shitshow perfectly by himself.

Bravo! Taylor. BRAVO!!

Clapping
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:01 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: At one point in time Ken Anderson wasn't the future when we drafted Jack Thompson.

Exactly so, but Kenny Anderson was once benched only to come back with an MVP season. While i have my doubts Andy will be in any MVP discussions this season it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Andy got a few games off to get his head back on straight. I'm hopeful for Andy. I didn't say I'm confident, just hopeful. There is a difference. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
now everyone gets their wish. the team will win some games and screw our future up even more... for nothing

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 27 or 28

Nah..IF he could have been fired it would have been only once. Does anyone really think anyone would have rehired him 27 or 28 times?  Oh wait..it's the bengals..of course they would have..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Statistically speaking, it is.  Going 0-16 would put us in some very elite bad company since 2 teams have finished 0-16 and 10 teams have finished 1-15 and other than the Browns prior to the 0-16 year and the 1-15 Rams that one year I can't think of the 1-15 teams.

In the big picture what your record is this year has squat to do with what your record will be next year. Are fans worried about our teams reputation? Guess what our reputation as a failed franchise is well documented. If we hadn't benched Dalton and we were now 1-10 now would you hold your head high and proclaim how enthused you are about our future and go buy some season tickets? I believe if we had one or two wins instead of none the same exact people would still be on the site pissing, bitching and moaning about 1 we should have kept Marv. 2 Zac sucks 3 the coaches suck, 4 the FO really sucks or fill in your own reason
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I'll admit when they were 0-4 or 1-4 or whatever and traded their 1st round pick for Minkah I was thinking they were going to go 3-13 or so and really blew it.  Shows what I know.  They do more stuff than we do and they win more than we do.  I can't get mad, it's fair really.  It's like the Steelers and Bengals game...both QBs were playing like crap but the Steelers made a change and we didn't and they won and we didn't.

Meh, winning...it's overrated I guess.  The Steelers swept us again...oh well let's just talk about how losing is what is going to make us better.  Thank god we aren't winning.

Statistically speaking, it is.  Going 0-16 would put us in some very elite bad company since 2 teams have finished 0-16 and 10 teams have finished 1-15 and other than the Browns prior to the 0-16 year and the 1-15 Rams that one year I can't think of the 1-15 teams.

Didn't the Cowboys go 1-15 in Aikmans first season ? or season before I forget.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Didn't the Cowboys go 1-15 in Aikmans first season ? or season before I forget.

Yes.

I feel like, IF we had a lot of rookies starting that looked like they had NFL potential...it would be much more tolerable.

I think the 49ers were 0-9 2 years ago and like 1-7 last year. But, they made moves to improve.

I'm sure people probably thought Shanahan was a bad coach though those 2 years.
Reply/Quote
I just don't think anyone wants to go 0-16.

Unless we were tanking like Cleveland did.

A earned 0-16 is worse case scenario.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
0-16 is a Scarlet Letter. Nobody forgets 0-16.

But yeah we have a real tough time coming up in our division as the Ravens look like they will be great for years to come barring injury, the Browns appear to be putting it together and they are loaded, annnd the Steelers could beat us without putting a Qb back there at all.

So, we are most likely already 0-6 next year.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes.

I feel like, IF we had a lot of rookies starting that looked like they had NFL potential...it would be much more tolerable.

I think the 49ers were 0-9 2 years ago and like 1-7 last year. But, they made moves to improve.

I'm sure people probably thought Shanahan was a bad coach though those 2 years.

Like you and others have said if MB and Co. would have admitted to rebuilding, traded some players before deadline, be putting in Dolegala next and so on. This wouldn't suck so much.

But no, we're still trying to win now. That way MB doesn't have to admit failure, that's way more important (in his mind) than actually trying to make the team better.

"Screw our draft position, my ego is more important." MB quote  Wink
Reply/Quote
^Yeah if you want to win a game you put Dalton in the 4th quarter and try and go win THAT game yesterday against the team that has owned you for 17 years or whatever sickening number it is. NOT against the teams you are vying for draft position with Mellow

Jesus these guys are assholes

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what im thinking. It's also possible ZT doesn't want to have the worst record for a rookie HC ever in the history of the NFL. You ever been the worst ever at something?  It sucks. 

Stop it. The Bengals are all about setting futility records. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:31 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: 0-16 is a Scarlet Letter. Nobody forgets 0-16.

But yeah we have a real tough time coming up in our division as the Ravens look like they will be great for years to come barring injury, the Browns appear to be putting it together and they are loaded, annnd the Steelers could beat us without putting a Qb back there at all.

So, we are most likely already 0-6 next year.

If you asked me to name all the teams who went winless in a season, I'd say Cleveland.
I've almost forgotten DET did it because it was over a decade ago.
Aside from that, I couldn't tell you another winless season without looking it up.

My point is that people forget winless seasons after a while.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:45 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: ^Yeah if you want to win a game you put Dalton in the 4th quarter and try and go win THAT game yesterday against the team that has owned you for 17 years or whatever sickening number it is. NOT against the teams you are vying for draft position with Mellow

I was dumbfounded when Dalton didn't come in on our last possession...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:45 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: ^Yeah if you want to win a game you put Dalton in the 4th quarter and try and go win THAT game yesterday against the team that has owned you for 17 years or whatever sickening number it is. NOT against the teams you are vying for draft position with Mellow

Doesn't really matter what team you beat. Dalton was going to be playing the same defense he played against earlier in the year scoring a total of three points. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Now the defense will start laying terrible if the offense shows even a minor spark!

We've seen this show before.

I'm waiting to see Zac go back to 50 throws a game and 10 rushes. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Like you and others have said if MB and Co. would have admitted to rebuilding, traded some players before deadline, be putting in Dolegala next and so on. This wouldn't suck so much.

But no, we're still trying to win now. That way MB doesn't have to admit failure, that's way more important (in his mind) than actually trying to make the team better.

"Screw our draft position, my ego is more important." MB quote  Wink

Mike Brown's approach has been, "Don't be the worst," for a long time now.
You hear it all the time whenever the organization compares themselves to teams like Cleveland and Miami.
He seems to care more about not being the worst than he cares about being the best.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:26 PM)jason Wrote: I was dumbfounded when Dalton didn't come in on our last possession...

I guess Zac remembered when he threw three ints including a pick six in a one minute span against the Jags.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My point is that people forget winless seasons after a while.

Im sure Hue Jackson's agent told him the same thing. 
Reply/Quote