Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
(11-26-2019, 03:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im sure Hue Jackson's agent told him the same thing. 

Obviously Cleveland is going to be in everyone's minds because it just happened a couple years ago. But over time, no one will care (or should care) who went winless in a season.

For the Bengals, it's a pride thing right now.

What I do wonder is what happens if/when the Bengals do get a win.
Do they stick with Dalton and try to get more wins, or do they go back to Finley for more evaluation?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Doesn't really matter what team you beat. Dalton was going to be playing the same defense he played against earlier in the year scoring a total of three points. 

They were prepared for Dalton in that game. Did you notice what the element of surprise did for the Steelers yesterday?

And seriously as a Bengals fan you don't want to beat the Steelers and hurt their PO chances???

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:39 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: They were prepared for Dalton in that game. Did you notice what the element of surprise did for the Steelers yesterday?

Ans seriously as a Bengals fan you don't want to beat the Steelers and hurt their PO chances???

Okay a secret weapon who you have played 16 times. That will really fool them.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Okay a secret weapon who you have played 16 times. That will really fool them.

Finley sure didn't fool them. It was worth a shot, hater.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Obviously Cleveland is going to be in everyone's minds because it just happened a couple years ago. But over time, no one will care (or should care) who went winless in a season.

Do they stick with Dalton and try to get more wins, or do they go back to Finley for more evaluation?

What is in doubt about Finley?  He was dead last in the NFL. Just trying to stay out of last place in practically every aspect is a task In itself this year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What is in doubt about Finley?  He was dead last in the NFL. Just trying to stay out of last place in practically every aspect is a task In itself this year. 

I should have included Dolegala in that. It may be worth evaluating him too. I agree, Finley is just way too limited with his arm.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 08:32 PM)RASCAL Wrote: smartest thing this shit show owner could do!!!

I respectfully completely disagree....we need a Franchise QB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Like you and others have said if MB and Co. would have admitted to rebuilding, traded some players before deadline, be putting in Dolegala next and so on. This wouldn't suck so much.

But no, we're still trying to win now. That way MB doesn't have to admit failure, that's way more important (in his mind) than actually trying to make the team better.

"Screw our draft position, my ego is more important." MB quote  Wink

And in Mike Brown’s mind pulling out a couple of wins against bottom feeders is “winning now“ and “winning now” means “staying the course”, and then there is something about a worm turning and some sort of incident involving an ox cart........After all of that happens we still suck and the cycle repeats. Good times.
Reply/Quote
Jesus was in his tomb for three days before resurrection.

Andy Dalton was on the bench for three games.

Coincidence?

I think not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jesus was in his tomb for three days before resurrection.

Andy Dalton was on the bench for three games.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Word is, when Dalton was benched the sky turned black. 
Reply/Quote
Putting Andy back is about saving face. Andy wont be here next season, and benching Finley shows theres no pla and rhey have no idea what to do.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Putting Andy back is about saving face. Andy wont be here next season, and benching Finley shows theres no pla and rhey have no idea what to do.

I truly believe that players (especially on defense) went to Zac Taylor, and said **** this... They don't care about draft position or any of that. They wanna win games. Zac Taylor was purposely not playing his best players.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:07 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I respectfully completely disagree....we need a Franchise QB

I doubt any of our OL could start on any other NFL team.  So, besides Johah, we need 4 starters just on OL. 
Therefor, I'd say we need to fix at least 1-2 of those positions before addressing the QB.  That's not even mentioning the LB position.

I'd keep Dalton or bring in a FA vet as a stop gap for next year, because we're just going to get the rookie hurt with the mess we've got going on.  
I wish things were different and we didn't have so many holes, but the reality is that we do.  

Perhaps someday, when we use FA correctly and get good coaching, we could get a Franchise QB and not set him up to fail once he gets here.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Obviously Cleveland is going to be in everyone's minds because it just happened a couple years ago. But over time, no one will care (or should care) who went winless in a season.

depends on how many wins they told Zac he had to have to save his job for next season
Reply/Quote
For all we know Mike Brown had a closed conversation with Green and there you have it.

Not saying that Mikey respects his players, but I do think AJ's opinion could hold some weight going forward.

This owner/team is so ass-backwards they probably would do this after, instead of before pulling the plug on Dalton in the first place.

Would anyone really doubt the feasible scenario or any other boneheaded ones ?

I know AJ has been a ghost for this team as far as starts but he's the really only true "star" player to anyone that doesn't watch the Bengals.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm waiting to see Zac go back to 50 throws a game and 10 rushes. 

This. 

Like I said earlier, Dalton has no business throwing 30 passes a game. Finley certainly has no business doing the same. ZT really sets these guys up for failure. 

Then again, I don't know of many coaches okay with calling a QB draw from shotgun on 4th and 1. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 05:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: depends on how many wins they told Zac he had to have to save his job for next season

Imagine how bad it will be if they go back to Dalton and still don't get a win  Say What
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Ssssshhhhhhiiiiiiiittttttttttt......I still remember Detroit son!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 06:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Imagine how bad it will be if they go back to Dalton and still don't get a win  Say What

I actually see this happening.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:51 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I doubt any of our OL could start on any other NFL team.  So, besides Johah, we need 4 starters just on OL. 
Therefor, I'd say we need to fix at least 1-2 of those positions before addressing the QB.  That's not even mentioning the LB position.

I'd keep Dalton or bring in a FA vet as a stop gap for next year, because we're just going to get the rookie hurt with the mess we've got going on.  
I wish things were different and we didn't have so many holes, but the reality is that we do.  

Perhaps someday, when we use FA correctly and get good coaching, we could get a Franchise QB and not set him up to fail once he gets here.

You’re absolutely correct, but your best odds of drafting a Franchise QB is in the first pick or two. If we first make our line, LBers, etc better....we wont be bad enough to have the chance to draft a Franchise QB. We could get lucky and have one fall, but we could also be waiting 8 years to get the chance to draft a QB.

I think QB is so hard to get a great one. If you have the chance, that’s what you do. You can find great players at other positions in them middle of round 1.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote