Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
(12-18-2019, 01:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's unclear what Trump means by "In Guatemala they handle things much tougher than that" in response to his frustration that he cannot prosecute Adam Schiff for paraphrasing Trump's call to Zelensky. When asked to clarify, he just said "Guatemala is terrific".

Just so we're clear, the President is saying he wants to prosecute members of Congress for their actions in working towards impeaching him and referenced a nation known for using death squads against political opponents.

Solid moment in our nation's history.

They are "tough" in Guatemala. 

Why are we so weak?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-17-2019, 11:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The scripture tells us that God uses evil for good. I believe he has used this Presidency to do just that. POTUS is overt in his actions and motives. There are those elected officials on both sides that have maneuvered in such ways that they will be required to reap what they sow for some time.

Hopefully, the admin could be the end of the 2 party system. We just need influential folks from both sides to react to the circus.   

What is the "good" that God has engineered through Trump?  Tax breaks? Separation of children from parents? A country divided over impeachment?

If God uses evil for good, then why do people have to "reap what they sow"?  God is really "sowing" then, isn't He?

And why do "both sides" have to reap if "overt" Trump is the evil used for good.
(12-17-2019, 06:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's now officially the beginning of the end, for all of those who sought to take down the President.  The FISA court just released a very damning statement.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/17/us/politics/fisa-court-order-fbi-surveillance.html

According to my Fox sources, the investigation of the investigators was supposed to reveal a witch hunt--that there was NO JUSTIFICATION for investigating a campaign with multiple contacts with Russian agents, which the campaign members subsequently lied about. The whole thing was concocted by DEEP STATE operatives out to get Trump no matter what.

Why isn't this officially the end of that conspiracy theory? The FBI is SUPPOSED to investigate such repeated interaction with an adversary, isn't it? Are we safer if they are more reluctant to do so now?

People ought to be looking more closely at the effect of investigating investigators, one of which is to reduce oversight of an administration which already claims to be above the law, not to mention national security. 

Why should Americans be happy about that?
(12-17-2019, 12:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: Why folks need to throw in derogatory descriptions of their opponent, I do not know. 

In the case of Bfine vs Dino, it is not so much as a need to throw in derogatory descriptions as a need to level and keep the "balance."

"Both sides" are somehow doing it when Trump embarrasses the nation. Both are going to reap what they sow, etc.
One of the things lost on DJT's letter to Pelosi was his accusations that her saying she prays for him is a lie.

(Evangelicals love Trump.)

He doubled down on the "slur" today.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

I just don't believe, not for one second, that if DJT had evidence of innocence, if he had witnesses to the phone call that would prove him innocent, that he would not be providing them to the GOP members to present.

Rather they stand there and defend the indefensible by calling everything "lies" and "hearsay" and "partisan" without a single scrap of paper or witness to back it up.

It's sad.

Anyone of us, with legal counsel, would present everything we had to defend ourselves from a false accusation.

But this is the Trump way:  Fight everything all the time and play the victim.  What he doesn't understand (I'm stunned) is that he can't outspend and outwait Congress.  And he can't hide his "business practices" with the weight of the federal government rules watching him.

But the gop doesn't care.  They will turn a blind eye to EVERYTHING he does and follow his lead.

That's awful.

The President did what he is accused of, his admin tried to bury it, a whistleblower brought it to light and Trump and his minions have done everything in their power to continue to hide (and lie) about it.

We keep being told to "respect the office" even if we don't respect Trump.

Trump has left a stain on the office.  And  it because of our respect for the office that we believe that Trump needs removed from it in order to return respect to it.
Opinions. Everybody has one.
(12-18-2019, 01:15 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Opinions. Everybody has one.

Facts: One side has them this time.

Everyone is welcome to ignore them.  The gop proves that this time.
(12-18-2019, 11:21 AM)Dill Wrote: What is the "good" that God has engineered through Trump?  Tax breaks? Separation of children from parents? A country divided over impeachment?

If God uses evil for good, then why do people have to "reap what they sow"?  God is really "sowing" then, isn't He?

And why do "both sides" have to reap if "overt" Trump is the evil used for good.

Pretty sure I listed in in the very post you quoted.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-18-2019, 11:21 AM)Dill Wrote: What is the "good" that God has engineered through Trump?  Tax breaks? Separation of children from parents? A country divided over impeachment?

The "god is using Trump as a lesson" trope is laughable.

There is no logic or explaining it.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1207327663154761730.html

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]
[Image: 16459325.jpg]
ryan teague beckwith
@ryanbeckwith
   [Image: Twitter_Logo_Blue.png]
an hour ago, 18 tweets, 5 min read
[/color]
 Bookmark

Save as PDF
  My Authors

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]Trump's arguments in the impeachment inquiry may be about to shift in a big way. Here's why: 
During the Mueller investigation, Trump followed a set pattern on certain controversies that started with a blanket denial and ended by saying basically that he did it and there's nothing wrong with that. 
1."There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign.”
[Image: 3000.jpeg]
Russia eyes better ties with Trump; says contacts underwayMOSCOW (AP) — A top Russian diplomat and Vladimir Putin's spokesman said Thursday that Russian experts were in contact with some members of President-elect Donald Trump's staff during the presidentia…https://apnews.com/323f28f7f5e242498f43e4a7188336bc/trumps-election-boosts-kremlin-hopes-better-relations

2. Except Carter Page, who was nobody. "I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to him. I don’t think I’ve ever met him. And he actually said he was a very low-level member of I think a committee for a short period of time.”
[Image: 170216124552-cnnee-brk-trump-sobre-muro-...-tease.jpg]
Full transcript: President Donald Trump's news conferenceFull transcript of President Trump's news conference on February 16.https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/donald-trump-news-conference-transcript/index.html

3. And George Papadopoulos, also nobody. "He was somebody that played a minimal role, if one at all, and was part of a voluntary advisory board. That’s it.”
[Image: wh.gov-share-img_03-1024x538.png]
Press Briefing by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders | The White HouseJames S. Brady Press Briefing Room 2:37 P.M. EDT MS. SANDERS: Good afternoon. Happy Halloween. I thought for sure I’d see some costumes today. Q We’re dressed as reporters. MS. SANDERS: That’s not ne…https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-103117/

4. Lots of people had no contacts. “When Mueller does his final report ... will he be putting in statements from hundreds of people closely involved with my campaign who never met, saw or spoke to a Russian during this period?"
[/color]
Quote:[Image: kUuht00m_normal.jpg]
[/url]Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....hundreds of people closely involved with my campaign who never met, saw or spoke to a Russian during this period? So many campaign workers, people inside from the beginning, ask me why they have not been called (they want to be). There was NO Collusion & Mueller knows it!

9:44 AM - Nov 26, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

49K people are talking about this

5. Donald Trump Jr. may have had a contact, but not for the campaign. “Did I meet with people that were Russian? I’m sure, I’m sure I did. But none that were set up. ... And certainly none that I was representing the campaign in any way, shape or form.”
[Image: 08TRUMP1-facebookJumbo.jpg]
Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During CampaignThe meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan was arranged by Donald Trump’s eldest son and was attended by Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner.https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html

6. OK, one meeting, but it was short. “It was literally just a wasted 20 minutes, which was a shame.”
[Image: 694940094001_5503548974001_5503523420001-vs.jpg]
Donald Trump Jr. on 'Hannity': In retrospect, I would've done things differentlyOn "Hannity," the president's son details his meeting with a Russian lawyer.http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2017/07/11/donald-trump-jr-on-hannity-in-retrospect-wouldve-done-things-differently.html

7. It was actually about adoption. "“We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government."
[Image: 08TRUMP1-facebookJumbo.jpg]
Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During CampaignThe meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan was arranged by Donald Trump’s eldest son and was attended by Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner.https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html

8. OK, we were promised dirt but we didn't get any. "Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.” nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/… 
9. Anyone would do the same. "Most of those phonies that act holier-than-thou, if the same thing happened to them, they would have taken that meeting in a heartbeat.”
[Image: ?m=02&d=20170713&t=2&i=1192892857&w=1200...XMPED6B20B]
Highlights of Reuters interview with TrumpHere are highlights of the Reuters Oval Office interview with U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday.https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-interview-highlights/highlights-of-reuters-interview-with-trump-idUSKBN19X34X

10. No laws were broken. "This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics – and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!”

Quote:[Image: kUuht00m_normal.jpg]
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!

7:35 AM - Aug 5, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

75.5K people are talking about this

[url=https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1026084333315153924]

Now consider the parallels. 

1. Denial. "No, actually I didn’t. I asked Ukraine to investigate the allegations that there was interference in the election of 2016 by the Ukrainians for the benefit of Hillary Clinton." washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/… 

2. Alternate reason. "I was looking for Corruption and also why Germany, France and others in the European Union don’t do more for Ukraine. Why is it always the USA that does so much and puts up so much money for Ukraine and other countries?" 

3. It doesn't matter because nothing happened in the end. "The President has until September 30th to give this aid to Ukraine. He gets it out on September 11th., 3 weeks before the deadline." 

4. Everyone does it. “We do that all the time with foreign policy." 

5. It wasn't illegal. "Zero evidence that any law was broken. They’re not even alleging that a law was broken." 
The issue and why Trump is losing the argument.

If people can clear him then common sense is he'd let them testify. Crying about an unfair process that won't allow his side of the story as he deny's his aides the ability to "clear him" through testimony (even in the Senate), isn't making sense outside of Fox (and if you see their polls it may not be making sense outside of Fox either). Maybe a couple people on this board still fall for the con, but Americans aren't.

Trump supporters and defenders, why don't you want his aides to testify to clear him? This isn't the actions of innocent people.

Everything else is political and anti American spin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(12-18-2019, 01:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure I listed in in the very post you quoted.

End of the two-party system?

Looks like you are not interested in making your point clear.  

Looks like you cannot.  
It's unfortunate that in this Trump era Americans can't agree that regardless of party, a President should be able to win an election on their own merit and not need the help of a foreign country to attack their opponent and our Democracy on their behalf/request.

This impeachment is important because Trump felt he got away with it once, and look what he did literally days after he declared full exoneration of the Mueller probe. He attempted to bribed Ukraine to attack Biden.

If he get away with it again (no impeachment), then who is going to attack America on his behalf in 2020? Russia? NK? Ukraine?

People like Trump can't get away with something once, they'll keep doing it as we saw with this Ukraine situation.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Mellow