Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coronavirus

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
They don't care if intelligent people see through their bullshit, they know that's not their target audience.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
(04-01-2020, 12:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder if having a Sec of Defense or Sec of the Navy (not acting) would make a difference?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/03/31/theodore-roosevelt-captain-makes-urgent-plea-for-individual-quarantine-sites-as-covid-19-cases-multiply/?fbclid=IwAR1CKVD0T6Wr3jS-3j8oUdjrdiWgTQg6qSTy-vTrbEFLvdDJlE8dPTqxx8A

Can't you just hear the small, man-child, slamming his tiny fists and demanding they "get rid of" the officer who asked for help?  Trump may have looked bad for goodness sake!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/navy-expected-relieve-captain-who-raised-alarm-about-covid-19-n1175351?fbclid=IwAR1nPN1zpXHM9x7cX2j13_tYHjJ3yLKLf_GPkwSRGhZRIuYUwyISjr7qiO0

Quote:The Navy announced it has relieved the captain who sounded the alarm about an outbreak of COVID-19 aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt.

[Image: 200402-brett-crozier-cs-409p_553c11da5df...t-760w.jpg]Capt. Brett Crozier of the USS Theodore Roosevelt.U.S. Navy
Capt. Brett Crozier, who commands the Roosevelt, an aircraft carrier with a crew of nearly 5,000, was relieved of his command on Thursday, but he will keep his rank and remain in the Navy.

Crozier raised the alarm earlier this week that sailors on the ship need to be quarantined to stop the spread of the virus. His plea for assistance quickly made headlines.

Crozier sent a letter to the Navy on Monday begging for help addressing the coronavirus outbreak aboard his ship, which was forced to dock in Guam last week. The ship leadership began testing everyone on board. By Wednesday, there were 93 positive test results and more than 1,000 people had departed the ship into isolation on Guam. In total, 2,700 people are expected to disembark the ship this week, with a smaller crew remaining to maintain the ship.

The move was announced in a briefing by Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly Thursday evening. The official reason for Crozier's relief of duty is a loss of trust and confidence, according to the officials who spoke to NBC News
(04-02-2020, 06:08 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: They don't care if intelligent people see through their bullshit, they know that's not their target audience.

Jesse Watters is still sad that he doesn't get to be Bill O'Reilly's fluffer anymore.  He's as big of a nozzle as James O'Keefe, just a lot dumber.
(04-01-2020, 01:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, then it's tough to go after them too hard, isn't it. You wouldn't want your three letter organizations to claim they have evidence for something when they in fact have not, right?

You base your whole harsh WHO critizism on some hunch, it seems. Also, you got your timetable wrong, as others pointed out. They said they have evidence; probably as soon as, you know, they had evidence.

If only your critical look and your readiness to see wrong would apply to each and every one though. Then I could think your just that guy. But tell me, while the WHO did so wrong, was it the time your president called covid a hoax, or was it the time it was to disappear in spring, or when it wasn't all that deadly altogether? Have you seen anything wrong with that, or were you too busy to be mad at the WHO for not claiming something you don't even know would have been true or not?

WHO is critical of countries for not knowing enough to prepare earlier, while they themselves didn't know better. I'm simply holding them to their own standards - in fun meme form. 

Trump says a lot of dumb things in general and a lot of dumb things about the virus and this situation as a whole. I make fun of him a lot; not most, but definitely some of my meme thread memes are against Trump. Criticizing WHO and Trump aren't mutually exclusive positions.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(04-02-2020, 07:39 PM)6andcounting Wrote: WHO is critical of countries for not knowing enough to prepare earlier, while they themselves didn't know better. I'm simply holding them to their own standards - in fun meme form. 

Trump says a lot of dumb things in general and a lot of dumb things about the virus and this situation as a whole. I make fun of him a lot; not most, but definitely some of my meme thread memes are against Trump. Criticizing WHO and Trump aren't mutually exclusive positions.

That tweet was five days after they even knew this new virus even existed. Within 15 days they had evidence it was spread from human to human. That was January. Over a month later Trump was still calling this a Democrat hoax. That ten days didn’t affect the US’ ability to prepare. It only affected Thailand, Japan, and South Korea.

You’re not holding the WHO to any standard. You’re just repeating conservative propaganda. Two days ago Pompeo was in the media claiming they had no idea it would be this bad, but there was video in the media showing Chinese citizens being forcible removed from their building kicking and scream by people in full head to toe PPE and taken to forced quarantine. And they got the balls to claim they didn’t know? LOL Some anonymous Chinese dude is literally clinging to his door frame by his fingernails while being dragged to quarantine against his will and they had no idea? F’n laughable. That was over 3 weeks before Trump called it a Democrat hoax.

Hell, even now the mode of transmission is still under investigation because this virus is brand new and there are very few studies and the studies that are out there are all less than 3 months in duration and the results are conflicting.
I didn't vote for the guy who married into the family.

He's failed at absolutely every task Trump has put him "in charge" of...why is there at this hearing at all?

I mean, we know why:  Trump doesn't work.  He relies on other people to do the work and he thinks Jared is "smart" because Jared sucks up to him...and probably because he's Jewish Trump thinks he's good with money.  That's the way a guy like DJT "thinks". 

(04-03-2020, 09:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: I didn't vote for the guy who married into the family.

He's failed at absolutely every task Trump has put him "in charge" of...why is there at this hearing at all?

I mean, we know why:  Trump doesn't work.  He relies on other people to do the work and he thinks Jared is "smart" because Jared sucks up to him...and probably because he's Jewish Trump thinks he's good with money.  That's the way a guy like DJT "thinks". 

This week the Georgia department of public health had completed less than 2,000 tests for the novel coronavirus because there is such a shortage of tests. While over 10,000 commercial tests had been completed.

It’s like they don’t want to know.
(04-03-2020, 09:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This week the Georgia department of public health had completed less than 2,000 tests for the novel coronavirus because there is such a shortage of tests. While over 10,000 commercial tests had been completed.

It’s like they don’t want to know.

They don't want their supporters to know.  Trump et al can stand there and lie and his minions will never know the truth because they don't trust "the media".
(04-02-2020, 07:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Can't you just hear the small, man-child, slamming his tiny fists and demanding they "get rid of" the officer who asked for help?  Trump may have looked bad for goodness sake!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/navy-expected-relieve-captain-who-raised-alarm-about-covid-19-n1175351?fbclid=IwAR1nPN1zpXHM9x7cX2j13_tYHjJ3yLKLf_GPkwSRGhZRIuYUwyISjr7qiO0

China and Iran and Russia are putting out disinformation to make our Cornovirus response look bad compared to theirs.

I say this captain could be part of it!

Like the Democrats and WHO.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Point 1: Kara Swisher writes an Op Ed about how she and her doctor brother worked to convince their Hannity-fan mother to stop listening to Hannity.

Fox’s Fake News Contagion: The network spent too long spraying its viewers with false information about the coronavirus pandemic.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/opinion/coronavirus-fox-news.html
Her primary source of news is Fox. In those days she was telling me that the Covid-19 threat was overblown by the mainstream news media (note, her daughter is in the media). She told me that it wasn’t going to be that big a deal. She told me that it was just like the flu. And, she added, it was more likely that the Democrats were using the virus to score political points. And, did I know, by the way, that Joe Biden was addled?

Point 2: Hannity blew up on air. The "media mob" was coming after him.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sean-hannity-melts-down-over-kara-swishers-ny-times-column
Testing is still a real problem.  Tests are still being rationed because there aren't enough to go around.  We don't really know how wide spread the problem is because we can't test. Locally, we aren't getting many test kits because we aren't considered a "hot spot."  Of course we aren't because we can't test without test kits.  Without test kits, we'll never be a hot spot in order to get the test kits to test.  It's Catch-22 all over again.  As of today, Georgia Department of Health has only completed 2300 tests.  But, there have been 22,000 commercial tests completed.

Commercial tests are those conducted by private labs like LabCorp.  LabCorp uses a novel coronavirus test developed by Roche.  I've been trying to research the specificity and sensitivity of the tests to determine the percentage of false negatives.  And I came across this information . . .

https://www.labpulse.com/index.aspx?sec=sup&sub=mic&pag=dis&ItemID=800956

Quote:The first commercial kits were introduced in January by Roche in collaboration with partners such as TIB Molbiol Berlin. These products included the Wuhan RdRp assay, which is specific for detecting SARS-CoV-2, and the Wuhan N-gene3 test, which tests for SARS-CoV-2 plus other related types of coronaviruses.

These reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests were developed for use on Roche's LightCycler 480 and MagNA Pure 24 instruments and were widely used in China. In mid-March, Roche received an EUA in the U.S. and began shipping new COVID-19 tests for use on its cobas 6800/8800 systems, which provide about a tenfold higher throughput.

Roche had commercial tests for Covid-19 in January and they were widely used in China.

https://diagnostics.roche.com/us/en/landing-pages/roche-covid-19-updates.html

Quote:On March 12, 2020, we received FDA Emergency Use Authorization for the cobas SARS-CoV-2 Test

Roche received emergency use approval for their test for use in the US in mid-March.

Quote:We’re also closely monitoring how COVID-19 affects our overall product supply. Roche’s manufacturing network has a global footprint with plants located in China, Switzerland, Germany, South Africa and the United States. Our manufacturing site in China opened very recently and does not produce for the U.S. market, so its operations have no impact on supply in this country

I can't imagine why the Covid-19 tests widely used and manufactured in China since January aren't supplied to the US? And if they were, would we have to pay a tariff to import them? 
(04-02-2020, 09:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That tweet was five days after they even knew this new virus even existed. Within 15 days they had evidence it was spread from human to human. That was January. Over a month later Trump was still calling this a Democrat hoax. That ten days didn’t affect the US’ ability to prepare. It only affected Thailand, Japan, and South Korea.

You’re not holding the WHO to any standard. You’re just repeating conservative propaganda. Two days ago Pompeo was in the media claiming they had no idea it would be this bad, but there was video in the media showing Chinese citizens being forcible removed from their building kicking and scream by people in full head to toe PPE and taken to forced quarantine. And they got the balls to claim they didn’t know?  LOL Some anonymous Chinese dude is literally clinging to his door frame by his fingernails while being dragged to quarantine against his will and they had no idea? F’n laughable. That was over 3 weeks before Trump called it a Democrat hoax.

Hell, even now the mode of transmission is still under investigation  because this virus is brand new and there are very few studies and the studies that are out there are all less than 3 months in duration and the results are conflicting.

You keep bringing up the Trump administration as if I'm disagreeing with you on any of that. And my meme had nothing to do with Trump anyways. And Dr. Tedros wasn't blaming Trump; he was blaming the whole world for reaction to slow. Except himself of course - no blame there. 

This is also the 2nd or 3rd time you said Trump called the virus a hoax. That's not what he said. He was referring to the politicizing, criticizing and blaming coming from the Democrats.  Politifact and Washington Post (not exact pro Trump sources) debunked this weeks ago when Biden tried running an edited clip in a campaign ad.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/15/joe-biden/ad-watch-biden-video-twists-trumps-words-coronavir/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/13/biden-ad-manipulates-video-slam-trump/
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
I find that I tend to not post if I'm not blowing off work...

Trump's response has been so incredibly atrocious that no one is trying to defend him, right?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-03-2020, 08:14 PM)6andcounting Wrote: You keep bringing up the Trump administration as if I'm disagreeing with you on any of that. And my meme had nothing to do with Trump anyways. And Dr. Tedros wasn't blaming Trump; he was blaming the whole world for reaction to slow. Except himself of course - no blame there. 

This is also the 2nd or 3rd time you said Trump called the virus a hoax. That's not what he said. He was referring to the politicizing, criticizing and blaming coming from the Democrats.  Politifact and Washington Post (not exact pro Trump sources) debunked this weeks ago when Biden tried running an edited clip in a campaign ad.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/15/joe-biden/ad-watch-biden-video-twists-trumps-words-coronavir/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/13/biden-ad-manipulates-video-slam-trump/

The WHO issued recommendations for preparation 10 days after the reports of a cluster of pneumonia of unknown etiology and declared a public health emergency of international concern less than a month after that first report based upon 98 cases outside of China. So when do you think the WHO should have declared a public health emergency of international concern based upon even fewer cases outside of China?

As you can clearly read, I wrote Trump called it a “Democrat hoax” and not a “hoax.” Meaning this is just another BS reason for the Democrats to attack him. But, clearly this isn’t a BS reason to attack him. And intentionally misleading the American public about the potential risks of a pandemic as to mitigate the threat to his re-election campaign rather than mitigate the health risks to the American public is politicizing this issue. Trump and his proxies have politicized this for him every step of the way.

Hell, just a couple of weeks ago fellow members here were parroting Trump’s propaganda in this thread.
(04-03-2020, 09:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I find that I tend to not post if I'm not blowing off work...

Trump's response has been so incredibly atrocious that no one is trying to defend him, right?

Not on here.  His most ardent defenders are probably fine with the path he's taken and think the rest of us have TDS.  

We should probably give DJT "credit" for do something and not letting 2 million people die I suppose?  Smirk

But with nothing we can do except wait this thing out and let the experts do their thing I can't believe we are getting a Trump campaign ad every day at 5p where his son in law tells us the stockpiles are for the federal govt...not the people of the United states.  Where the POTUS makes a casual joke about screwing models while talking about the graphs that show the number of sick and dying.  Where follow up questions that quote his own words get sacthing and childlike responses from Trump.

So while no one is defending him it's still important to point out that he has not "grown into" the position nor does he seem to be "changing".  

That's worth reminding people every day.  Smirk