Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-25-2020, 01:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL, you guys like this pick?

Your thoughts and concerns?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another player who impressed at the Senior Bowl. Without Pro Days, it was the best audition a lot of these kids could do. For Wilson and ADG it worked out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Zac having a great draft. Dude is patient and is getting what he wants. Doesn't explain the Sample pick last year but hey, first time in the seat I guess.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:13 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ok Zac we hear you loud and clear. Lamar Jackson will not repeat last years highlight on us.

Germaine Pratt, Akeem Davis-Gaither, and Logan Wilson?  That's a strong linebacker corps!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Man, Washington really dropped the price tag to move Trent Williams.

I'm....kinda disappointed we didn't pull the trigger on a trade like that.

But let's not think about that. We just got ADG in the 4th freaking round! Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Lets make a move back into this round for a OT
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Great pick. New faces on the field at lb. Much needed. Now go o-line
Reply/Quote
We’ve now addressed defense very extensively this offseason. Reader on the d line, 3 new LBers, a safety and 2 CB’s. People may want another pass rushers but I like our guys there if the rest of the defense improves theyll be better as well
Reply/Quote
The overconfidence in the existing offensive line is mind boggling to me. Nothing against the players they have taken in 2nd through 4th but I don't know how you don't invest in upgrading the line when you just drafted a franchise QB you have to protect. I guess we'll know next year if Burrow is still standing upright halfway through the season.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Zac having a great draft. Dude is patient and is getting what he wants. Doesn't explain the Sample pick last year but hey, first time in the seat I guess.

[Image: 5eftek.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm....kinda disappointed we didn't pull the trigger on a trade like that.

But let's not think about that. We just got ADG in the 4th freaking round! Big Grin

We can't afford his current contract nor what he will want next

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Zac having a great draft. Dude is patient and is getting what he wants. Doesn't explain the Sample pick last year but hey, first time in the seat I guess.

Jury is still out on Sample, maybe he takes a huge leap in year two.
Reply/Quote
What's the word on ADG's knee?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We need to make a move up for an offensive lineman, they're all gonna be gone before our next pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:13 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Haven’t been this pumped about a draft since 2009. Wow!

When you combine the free agents they signed, the guys they got rid of, and this draft so far... Mellow
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Shoot there goes Simpson... still happy with ADG

I hope Biadasz or Kindley make it through the 4th...
Reply/Quote
Simpson. That didn't take long.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:15 PM)matmaven Wrote: The overconfidence in the existing offensive line is mind boggling to me.    Nothing against the players they have taken in 2nd through 4th but I don't know how you don't invest in upgrading the line when you just drafted a franchise QB you have to protect.  I guess we'll know next year if Burrow is still standing upright halfway through the season.

I think they're banking on the 4th quarter of the season when they put Johnson at LT and Jordan back in at LG and them performing admirably being real and not a dead cat bounce.

I personally think it's risky as hell, but we have more needs than picks. Burrow won't be ruined if he gets hit a little too often in 1 year. We can address Oline early and often in 2021 if these young players don't play up to the potential they showed in the final 4 games of the season.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:17 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We need to make a move up for an offensive lineman, they're all gonna be gone before our next pick.

No O linemen take today is saving us this year. We are more likely to pick up a vet who is cut because his replacement was drafted and get production then anyone today right away.
Reply/Quote