Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
Not upset with a single one of our picks so far. After a huge FA this all feels like the Bizarro world...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I still hate San fran. Upstaging our pick

Those rat bastids!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Man, Gruden/Mayock really love Clemson. I'm convinced that they'll draft Lawrence next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Lets make a move back into this round for a OT

Really wanting a good OT. We need to keep Burrow upright. Not 2nd guessing Zac tho because he seems to be killing it.

(04-25-2020, 01:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Jury is still out on Sample, maybe he takes a huge leap in year two.

I hope your right. Zac had to have a plan and I was disappointed in his use last year. I don't want this team sliding into the old Marvin way of drafting good players and letting them sit a year or two with little utilization. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm....kinda disappointed we didn't pull the trigger on a trade like that.

But let's not think about that. We just got ADG in the 4th freaking round! Big Grin

It's not so much the picks involved.  Th big thing is how much money he will want.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Great draft, we need some depth at Oline, but we are thin at DE.

Missed out on a pass rusher that can help, but we just didn't have enough picks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
SO excited about our defense right now. Added 2 dynamite playmakers that are smart and explosive. Combine that with the free agent additions and we're going be a different defensive ball club this year!

Now if we can get a good interior OLineman, we'll be able to compete in a very tough division.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Man, Washington really dropped the price tag to move Trent Williams.

I thought so at first, too , but apparently there’s a 3rd next year included? That’s a lot for one year of Williams.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Man, Gruden/Mayock really love Clemson. I'm convinced that they'll draft Lawrence next season.
Wouldn't that mean they'd have to sukk ass this year?

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Great draft, we need some depth at Oline, but we are thin at DE.

Missed out on a pass rusher that can help, but we just didn't have enough picks.

Weaver and Anae still out there and can be effective in rotation roles year one.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:15 PM)matmaven Wrote: The overconfidence in the existing offensive line is mind boggling to me. Nothing against the players they have taken in 2nd through 4th but I don't know how you don't invest in upgrading the line when you just drafted a franchise QB you have to protect. I guess we'll know next year if Burrow is still standing upright halfway through the season.

They looked better at the end of the year vs. crappy teams. They’ve totally overhauled the D now though. The Oline is still in the bottom quarter of the league. The offensive playmakers are nice but it’s like having brand new wipers on a busted windshield.
Reply/Quote
It’s very possible that they take calvin throckmorton in the 7th as the only OL player
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Jury is still out on Sample, maybe he takes a huge leap in year two.

It amazes people jump the gun and a rookie who was injured a bust. I call BS and it unfortunate to trash a player because you thought bad pick to begin with as the reason.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals are stacked
Reply/Quote
Can’t help if Burrow looks at all these linemen the Dolphins are taking and wishes he was there lol
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought so at first, too , but apparently there’s a 3rd next year included? That’s a lot for one year of Williams.

Rumors were they wanted a 2nd round pick. So even if it's a 2021 3rd with a 5th this year, that's a great deal for SF. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
There goes Kindley...
Reply/Quote
ADG Knee issues? There is one random tweet out there saying his knee is bone to bone. First I'm hearing about it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:24 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals are stacked

Very much improved. Not stacked
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:23 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: They looked better at the end of the year vs. crappy teams. They’ve totally overhauled the D now though. The Oline is still in the bottom quarter of the league. The offensive playmakers are nice but it’s like having brand new wipers on a busted windshield.

Burrow can hide a lot of the blemishes both in pre snap reads and his ability to move. Add in that we can spread the field and have smaller box counts and we will be okay. I think some additions later in the summer when these draft picks replace a vet or two could be had as well if needed.
Reply/Quote