Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-25-2020, 01:23 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: They looked better at the end of the year vs. crappy teams. They’ve totally overhauled the D now though. The Oline is still in the bottom quarter of the league. The offensive playmakers are nice but it’s like having brand new wipers on a busted windshield.

We added a 1st round pick named Jonah Williams and a starting RG.

Johnson and Jordan gain a year in experience.

I like the team they are putting together and who knows maybe they are not done in FA either for OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: No O linemen take today is saving us this year. We are more likely to pick up a vet who is cut because his replacement was drafted and get production then anyone today right away.

Disagree.

Bobby Hart is still Bobby Hart, Billy Price isnt good, XSF is serviceable but injury issues. We can use the help on the line, or were just gonna face the same issue as last year, looking for band aids among the scrap heaps. Which is how we ended up with Fred Johnson. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think they're banking on the 4th quarter of the season when they put Johnson at LT and Jordan back in at LG and them performing admirably being real and not a dead cat bounce.

I personally think it's risky as hell, but we have more needs than picks. Burrow won't be ruined if he gets hit a little too often in 1 year. We can address Oline early and often in 2021 if these young players don't play up to the potential they showed in the final 4 games of the season.

I hear you. Problem is the end of year schedule was filled with scrub opponents. The o-line, as currently constructed, is weak at G and weak at RT. One o lot has to look at how the Dolphins have drafted lineman to protect Tua to see there is another way to do this. I would have rather seen a lineman at the Top if 4 than ADG, but whatever. We shall see how 5-7 play out.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Rumors were they wanted a 2nd round pick. So even if it's a 2021 3rd with a 5th this year, that's a great deal for SF. 

So do you put Jonah at RT? I have a feeeling TW isn’t playing Right tackle and if the bengals are set on JW playing Lt then Trent wouldn’t really
Be a fit here.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:22 PM)McC Wrote: Wouldn't that mean they'd have to sukk ass this year?

Yes, but they're not afraid to trade. I think Mayock and Gruden are willing to move up for a player they really love.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When you combine the free agents they signed, the guys they got rid of, and this draft so far... Mellow

Right ! I'm pumped they took ADG. Great draft thus far IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Great draft, we need some depth at Oline, but we are thin at DE.

Missed out on a pass rusher that can help, but we just didn't have enough picks.

Are we?  Geno, Hubbard, Lawson, Dunlap?  Geno is more of a DE now right?  Reader the NT?  From highlights, even though he is small, Gaithers looks like he can rush the edge?  We are a 3-4 Hybrid, right?  Just asking some questions about our Defense.
Reply/Quote
ADG in Round 4? I'm cool with that. Seems they have chosen to rebuild the LB room as with the two picks and the Bynes signing. Now we actually have outside backers who can cover and a true MIKE who also is three down.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think they're banking on the 4th quarter of the season when they put Johnson at LT and Jordan back in at LG and them performing admirably being real and not a dead cat bounce.

I personally think it's risky as hell, but we have more needs than picks. Burrow won't be ruined if he gets hit a little too often in 1 year. We can address Oline early and often in 2021 if these young players don't play up to the potential they showed in the final 4 games of the season.

Hope you're right.  There's been a lot of young QBs who's development was permanently damaged because they weren't protected well early in their career.  

Bobby Hart is one of the worst starting Olinemen I have ever watched and it sounds like we are counting on Fred J. who the Steelers waived mid-season last year.  Maybe they can find a veteran between now and whenever the season starts.  I will be happy to be wrong but I am very skeptical of the existing line going into next season.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What's the word on ADG's knee?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals or are going for the best available player and not reaching for a need which I'm okay with. That cornerback Robertson and Weaver are probably the highest rated defensive players on the board .
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Lets make a move back into this round for a OT

Who?

(04-25-2020, 01:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We need offensive line in 5-7!

I'm not sure I want to trust Burrow's health to a round 5-7 rookie.

(04-25-2020, 01:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We added a 1st round pick named Jonah Williams and a starting RG.

I like the team they are putting together and who knows maybe they are not done in FA either for OL.

Who's the starting RG, Redmond?

XSF has started 4 games at RG as compared to 30 something at LG.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We added a 1st round pick named Jonah Williams and a starting RG.

Sua’Filo is serviceable, but nothing special. Jordan was mediocre at best in year 1. Bobby Hart is still a bum. Very little depth exists behind these guys. It’s an obvious concern. The last thing the Bengals. Red is for Joe Burrow to get the David Carr Experience...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:28 PM)pally Wrote:  

Woo! 

I've been a huge ADG through the process hes a STAR Linebacker he brings the versatility like Isaiah Simmons...Could be the biggest steal of the draft.

Perfect player to matchup with the Ravens and Steelers multiple TE looks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Can’t help if Burrow looks at all these linemen the Dolphins are taking and wishes he was there lol

Then he looks at all our weapons compared to theirs and is happy as hell he’s not.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:26 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Disagree.

Bobby Hart is still Bobby Hart, Billy Price isnt good, XSF is serviceable but injury issues. We can use the help on the line, or were just gonna face the same issue as last year, looking for band aids among the scrap heaps. Which is how we ended up with Fred Johnson. 

You are overvaluing how good day 3 rookie o linemen play. Bobby Hart last year played better than pretty much anything you will get out of a tackle left on the board. Michael Jordan was drafted in the 4th last year, not saying others won’t play better than him but rookie play from o linemen is pretty shaky normally anyways these guys all have pretty big flaws that are here, especially the tackles.
Reply/Quote

My thinking as well.  Hard to address every need in one draft/  off-season.  We've finally addressed a need that we were unable to for years!   Here's hoping we get lucky with a few OLinemen
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then he looks at all our weapons compared to theirs and is happy as hell he’s not.

Lol I knew that would be the counter argument we do have some damn good receivers and an actual running back (or do we who knows with that hold out)
Reply/Quote

Agreed. Plus this will be a big year for Price. If you look at our past lineman. Boiling sucked bad his first 2 years, Hopkins did not look good his first 3 year. It takes a couple years for lineman to develope from college to nfl. Even Ragnow and the other center that the bears took have struggled the first 2 years. They need to develope that nfl strength. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Rumors were they wanted a 2nd round pick. So even if it's a 2021 3rd with a 5th this year, that's a great deal for SF. 

It is. Lynch is killing it as a GM.

Reply/Quote