Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bad Boys II
(05-06-2020, 10:27 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I find it interesting that one of the reasons the local DA said they weren't pressing charges was because the former cop and his son had a right to defend themselves. Did this guy not have a right to defend himself against having a firearm pointed at him? I mean, that's the initiation of force right there.

Yeah... It's sorta the Trayvon Martin thing all over again. Stand your ground with your firearm against an unarmed man. I think we need a powerful fist lobby in this country to look out for people on the wrong end of this.

I just now saw the video of this incident... ******' disgusting.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Need to have an immediate, but long drawn out trial and make everyone who comes to their defense abstain from wearing face masks.

**** these people with the double barrel they use to justify their pride in their own ignorance. Useless sacks of garbage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Lots of people complain that the whole "black Lives Matter" protests don't have clear goals to accomplish.  Well this is a perfect example of the single biggest problems with police (or in this case ex-police) shootings.  The DA and the police are on the same side.

Th single biggest reform we need to address the problem of police shootings is to have independent DAs to investigate and prosecute them.  And I am not talking about the DA from a neighboring district.  District Attorneys and law enforcement officers from neighboring districts work together all the time.

If not for this video these shitbags would be called heroes by their friends.

The big question I have is why someone was filming a random dude running down the road.  There had to be some sign that trouble was ahead.
(05-06-2020, 11:11 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... It's sorta the Trayvon Martin thing all over again. Stand your ground with your firearm against an unarmed man. I think we need a powerful fist lobby in this country to look out for people on the wrong end of this.

I just now saw the video of this incident... ******' disgusting.

Yeah, I think stand your ground favors dudes that just can't fight.  You can step to anybody, talk a bunch of shit, harrass them and physically block their path, then shoot them when the actions you took piss them off bad enough to retaliate.  

This seems like an opportune time for a large group of African Americans to show up at the DA's office with AR-15's and Punisher t-shirts so they can scream at cops about their Constitutional rights.
(05-07-2020, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of people complain that the whole "black Lives Matter" protests don't have clear goals to accomplish.  Well this is a perfect example of the single biggest problems with police (or in this case ex-police) shootings.  The DA and the police are on the same side.

Th single biggest reform we need to address the problem of police shootings is to have independent DAs to investigate and prosecute them.  And I am not talking about the DA from a neighboring district.  District Attorneys and law enforcement officers from neighboring districts work together all the time.

If not for this video these shitbags would be called heroes by their friends.

The big question I have is why someone was filming a random dude running down the road.  There had to be some sign that trouble was ahead.

Oh, they'll still be called heroes by a large segment on the right.  The guy was MAGA ride or die and has pictures wearing his Trump hat with the governor of GA.  The usual suspects will rally around him immediately.  They'll say he smoked weed once or looked at a white girl funny in school.  They'll come up with a justification. I'm shocked they haven't already.

It's coming, guaranteed.  He'll be a hero to the extreme right scum just like that fat little chickenshit Zimmerman. 
(05-07-2020, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The big question I have is why someone was filming a random dude running down the road.  There had to be some sign that trouble was ahead.

Sorry, but just getting up to speed on this case.  The guy who shot the video was working with the guys in the truck to chase down Arbery.  There must have been some sort of confrontation before the video even starts.

Can you imagine if you were unarmed and some one pulled shotgun on you and killed you they could claim self defense.
(05-07-2020, 02:29 PM)samhain Wrote:  They'll say he smoked weed once or looked at a white girl funny in school.  They'll come up with a justification. I'm shocked they haven't already.

Actually they have already.  The DA who said it was justifiable self defense said that Arbery's "prior record and mental health issues" would explain why he would attack a man holding a shotgun on him.
(05-07-2020, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but just getting up to speed on this case.  The guy who shot the video was working with the guys in the truck to chase down Arbery.  There must have been some sort of confrontation before the video even starts.

Can you imagine if you were unarmed and some one pulled shotgun on you and killed you they could claim self defense.

No, but I'm a middle aged white guy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-07-2020, 02:25 PM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, I think stand your ground favors dudes that just can't fight.  You can step to anybody, talk a bunch of shit, harrass them and physically block their path, then shoot them when the actions you took piss them off bad enough to retaliate.  

This seems like an opportune time for a large group of African Americans to show up at the DA's office with AR-15's and Punisher t-shirts so they can scream at cops about their Constitutional rights.

Pretty much this, as long as you kill them. I was going to say as long as you kill them and there is no clear phone call or video...but......yeah.
(05-07-2020, 02:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually they have already.  The DA who said it was justifiable self defense said that Arbery's "prior record and mental health issues" would explain why he would attack a man holding a shotgun on him.

From the looks of the video, Arbery didn't really have a means to flee, so he fought.  How the hell are you supposed to get away from 2 (maybe 3 counting the guy filming) guys with weapons and an automobile on foot?  This dude was accosted.  Would he not be within his rights to fight in order to escape the situation?  

I'd charge these two with premeditated murder.  They knew what they were doing and had a desired outcome, and they achieved it.  
Looks like the father and son have been arrested. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has apparently jailed and charged both of them with murder and aggravated assault.
(05-07-2020, 11:28 PM)samhain Wrote: Looks like the father and son have been arrested. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has apparently jailed and charged both of them with murder and aggravated assault.

Cue the "overcharging" protests.
(05-07-2020, 11:33 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Cue the "overcharging" protests.

I'm probably mistaken is saying they were both hit with the mentioned charges.  I'd guess the kid gets murder and dad gets aggravated assault.  

You're probably right, though.  The Breitbart comment section connected to the article was a fun place to learn about the diverse opinions that exist pertaining to these events.

I'm going to make an off the wall prediction: I think Trump will come out in support of the victim's family.  He's trying to make inroads into the black community in an election year and Georgia is polling tighter than you'd expect.  He's not going to lose any of his base regardless of what he does, so there's nothing for him to lose by doing so.  
(05-07-2020, 11:43 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm probably mistaken is saying they were both hit with the mentioned charges.  I'd guess the kid gets murder and dad gets aggravated assault.  

You're probably right, though.  The Breitbart comment section connected to the article was a fun place to learn about the diverse opinions that exist pertaining to these events.

I'm going to make an off the wall prediction: I think Trump will come out in support of the victim's family.  He's trying to make inroads into the black community in an election year and Georgia is polling tighter than you'd expect.  He's not going to lose any of his base regardless of what he does, so there's nothing for him to lose by doing so.  

The public statement says that they're both charged with the two crimes.

Definition of aggravated assault seems like it'll hold up on both (max 20 years sentence):

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-2/16-5-21

murder is a bit different:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2014/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/section-16-5-1

premeditated malice is required but it says that it can be "implied" if "Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart."

2nd degree murder only applies to killing of children.

Voluntary manslaughter is obviously an easier charge:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/16-5-2

It also gives an out for the jury to consider it murder:

"however, if there should have been an interval between the provocation and the killing sufficient for the voice of reason and humanity to be heard, of which the jury in all cases shall be the judge, the killing shall be attributed to deliberate revenge and be punished as murder."

The case can be made for the son to get murder, but that seems like a tough charge for the dad.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Interesting, but long article on "qualified immunity" and how it has aided police avoidvoide being sued for killing people.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-police-immunity-scotus/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter
(05-07-2020, 11:43 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm going to make an off the wall prediction: I think Trump will come out in support of the victim's family.  He's trying to make inroads into the black community in an election year and Georgia is polling tighter than you'd expect.  He's not going to lose any of his base regardless of what he does, so there's nothing for him to lose by doing so.  

Hey everyone!  This is Amerikastan.

Let's not forget there are good people on BOTH SIDES of this conflict.
(05-08-2020, 02:12 PM)Dill Wrote: Hey everyone!  This is Amerikastan.

Let's not forget there are good people on BOTH SIDES of this conflict.

He's so difficult to predict, yet predictable at the same time.  I think supporting the McMichaels in this situation will bring nothing but bad outcomes for any politician that dares.  You have to go to some dark fashy places to find people defending things as they appear right now.  
https://atlantablackstar.com/2020/04/01/lawyer-louisville-cops-did-not-identify-themselves-during-botched-raid-that-killed-emt-led-to-her-boyfriends-attempted-murder-charge-for-shooting-officer/

Quote:Lawyer: Louisville Cops Did Not Identify Themselves During ‘Botched’ Raid That Killed EMT, Led to Her Boyfriend’s Attempted Murder Charge for Shooting Officer

are

A Kentucky EMT was killed by an onslaught of bullets from police during a botched drug raid last month.

Breonna Taylor and her boyfriend Kenneth Walker were asleep in their bed on March 13 when officers from the Louisville Metro Police Department’s Criminal Interdiction division stormed into her home, according to local TV station WDRB. Walker fired at the officers, and three officers responded with a hail of bullets. Taylor died after she was hit eight times.

[Image: Image-from-iOS-3-Cropped.jpg]Breonna Taylor was killed on March 13 when Louisville Metro Police officers stormed into her home to execute a drug search warrant. (Photo: Facebook)

Walker was arrested and charged with attempted murder after Sgt. John Mattingly was hit in the leg during the shooting. No drugs were recovered, and attorney Rob Eggert said Walker is a victim of “police misconduct” who did not realize he was shooting at police officers because they did not identify themselves. The lawyer wrote to the court that Walker “wishes to exonerate himself. His girlfriend was killed in a hail of police bullets while na
ked and he himself simply acted to try to protect himself.”

“Had Breonna Taylor been killed by anyone except police, the person or persons responsible for her death would have been charged with a homicide,” Eggert added.
close

Mattingly, Detective Brett Hankison and Detective Myles Cosgrove, the officers who fired the shots, were placed on administrative reassignment.

Sam Aguiar, a lawyer for Taylor’s family, told WDRB the officers were looking for someone else who was apprehended during a separate raid.
“Something went terribly wrong,” he said. “This was clearly a botched execution of a warrant.”

Taylor and Walker’s families insisted the couple were not involved with drugs or any other illicit activity.

“She was already an accomplished and certified EMT for the City of Louisville and currently worked for UofL as a medical tech,” Bonica Austin, Taylor’s aunt, told local TV station WHAS11. “This is not a woman who would sacrifice her life and her family morals and values to sell drugs on the street.”

Eggert said Walker is a former athlete who graduated from Western Kentucky University and only had a DUI on his record.

Walker was released to home incarceration on March 27.  

Despite witnesses’ accounts to the contrary, the LMPD stands by its officers’ claims that they knocked several times and announced their presence before they broke down the door. There is no body camera footage because the unit is not required to wear them.

An internal investigation is pending. Atlanta Black Star reached out to LMPD for comment and is awaiting response.

Innocent woman dead, innocent man now charged with attempted murder for defending his home, cops get a paid vacation until the court says "oh well".

Again.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/authorities-investigate-video-showing-ahmaud-arbery-just-prior-003713242--abc-news-topstories.html

Anybody believe the "just out for a jog' stance?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-11-2020, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/authorities-investigate-video-showing-ahmaud-arbery-just-prior-003713242--abc-news-topstories.html

Anybody believe the "just out for a jog' stance?

Your question implies you don’t. What do you believe?